It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Part 1, your thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hello, I have recently found my own spirituality and it has changed my life. I was raised to go to church 1 or 2 times a year, it was never a strong interest or basis in my life and still is not. I have my own personal views on the bible and Christianity and organized religion as a whole, but I don't want to get into that. I recently watched Zeitgeist the movie and it's argument was that most religion, including Christianity, is a mere pagan astrological way to control society.

That move can be found here - www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

Now being an open minded individual I and everyone should know that documentaries are biased, and you should ALWAYS ask questions. This was by far one of the most intriguing videos I have ever seen (Mostly part 2 and 3, because of the truth behind it). Part 1 of the video is about the religion aspect in which I am asking about. I would like to here arguments against this please. On a side note if you do support the film, then could there still be a strong basis on angels and arch-angels existing. What the video doesn't go into is the actual biblical documents, just the main messiahs or whichever term is correct, Jesus etc. Sorry if this isn't too clear, been pondering it for a week now. -Mike

*edited for typo*

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Sikmike620]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sikmike620

What the video doesn't go into is the actual biblical documents, just the main messiahs or whichever term is correct, Jesus etc.

What you need to know is that the term Messiah is the title of a man.
What they are talking about in the movie are gods.
If you want to think of Jesus as God, then you can have problems, watching the movie.
Having a good understanding of what the Messiah is, is your best defense.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
So one may say that just because a certain person may or may not be true or hold all the truths, then there is the possibility that other momentous events in scripture have some meaning? hmm...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sikmike620

Zeitgeist tries to convince you that Jesus is no different than a bunch of different Pagan Gods.
What Zeitgeist says may be troubling to someone who likes to think that Jesus is real.
The viewer of Zeitgeist is confronted with stories of previous gods who seem to be disturbingly similar to the story of Jesus.
Zeitgeist may claim that these previous gods are examples of "messiahs".
The truth is that the gods who Zeitgeist present are not messiahs, they are gods.
My point is that if you can not distinguish between a messiah and a god, because of holding a fuzzy sort of definition of these terms, then, Zeitgeist just got you.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

new topics

top topics

join