It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a former political hack a question.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
GD

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hi,

I worked on several statewide Republican campaigns. Ask me anything about the political process, candidates, Republican and conservatism. I will give an honest answer to all.

This is your chance to ask an insider.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
k..... how do the republicans REALLY view ron paul?

GD

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Depends on the Republican- We are not a hive mind.
Many view him as a nuiscence adn a crackpot, though. He made enemies by running as a libertarian a few years back, and many feared he might be a spoiler this year. The good news for Republicans is, he isn't playing spoiler. Even Ron Paul knows how bad a President Obama could be.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by GD]

GD

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sorry- double post

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD
Even Ron Paul knows how bad a President Obama could be.

no worse and no better than a mccain or bush, for sure. i love the fact that i can cast a vote for someone i REALLY believe in (ron paul) rather than settling for either extreme who are looking for the same end. thanks for the quick reply btw

also, mind if i ask who you are voting for? mccain, right? and why?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hiyah GD, you call yourself a "political hack" so at least you're honest

I would like to know what made you choose this career path?

I would also like your ideas or opinions on being a Republican, as opposed to a Conservative and a Liberal as opposed to a Democrat....

And in your opinion, even though you could be the head fry chef at a jack-In-The-Box ready to fold....

I would like to know why...with the American public being treated like Lemmings, this congress has the lowest opinion rating of any in the history of this nation...with your insider knowledge, does it even matter what party wins the election and why are you coming forward now?

Thanks!

GD

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

McCain. I've met Obama. He's useless without a teleprompter. Would have been interesting had he actually run for the Senate against Jack Ryan. Two charesmatic guys, two guys without a clue.

I like McCain because regardless of whether you believe we should have invaded Iraq, we need to win that war. Obama has changed his mind so much that there is no way to tell how he will act if he is elected. My bet is he pulls out and Iraq doesnt recover for 100 years.

Oh- and don't get me going on economic policies...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
i have a question.

how the hell are either jaun mccain or jorge bush considered conservative, and why wont they close the damn border?

riddle me that, because thats why ive torn up my republican voters registraition.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD
regardless of whether you believe we should have invaded Iraq, we need to win that war.

well, what exactly are we gonna be "winning"?

GD

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Hiyah GD, you call yourself a "political hack" so at least you're honest

I would like to know what made you choose this career path?

I would also like your ideas or opinions on being a Republican, as opposed to a Conservative and a Liberal as opposed to a Democrat....

And in your opinion, even though you could be the head fry chef at a jack-In-The-Box ready to fold....

I would like to know why...with the American public being treated like Lemmings, this congress has the lowest opinion rating of any in the history of this nation...with your insider knowledge, does it even matter what party wins the election and why are you coming forward now?

Thanks!

Well, the party names are brands. With a Republican, you are supposed to get strong defense, balanced books and pro-life. As a Dem, you are supposed to get more funding for social programs, help for your union and less aggressive foreign policy.

Liberal and conservative is more of a personal philosophy. Each philosophy tend to trend toward the brand that best represents their personal choices.

The approval ratings are low because Republicans despise the way the Democrats are treating the Republican President- that's a give, they would normally get very little support from Hard R's, but they get even less due to their combativeness on just about every issue.

Liberals are not supporting the current Congress because they have broken nearly every promise that they made to get elected.

It matters- don't ever think it doesn't. There are big differences between the party in foreign and domestic policies.

I am coming forward now because I recently moved to a new state and am sitting out this election cycle. Politics is in my blood, and I like to talk about the upcomming election.

GD

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

They aren't they are moderate Republicans. Especially McCain. You should realize though taht as a former Republican, McCain is a hell of alot closer to your viewpoint than Obama.

GD

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by GD
regardless of whether you believe we should have invaded Iraq, we need to win that war.

well, what exactly are we gonna be "winning"?

We win by having a forward staging area for American forces in the most volatile region of the planet. We win getting Iraq’s oil on the market. We win by keeping the bad guys bottled up far away. We win by removing a man that tried to assassinate a former US President. Mostly, we win buy showing our enemies that we will finish the job if we are provoked to fight. Osama bin Laden believed we would cut and run. Doing so now would be far more damaging than when we left Vietnam.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD
We win by having a forward staging area for American forces in the most volatile region of the planet. We win getting Iraq’s oil on the market. We win by keeping the bad guys bottled up far away. We win by removing a man that tried to assassinate a former US President. Mostly, we win buy showing our enemies that we will finish the job if we are provoked to fight. Osama bin Laden believed we would cut and run. Doing so now would be far more damaging than when we left Vietnam.

all the reasons, even though i once identified myself as a republican, i can not vote republican. none of these things have anything to do w/ what america once was meant to stand for.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by justamomma]

GD

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Let me ask ou a question- you mentioned you supported Ron Paul. What did you like about Ron Paul? And out of the 2 remaining candidates, who is closer to this view?

The Gods honest truth is, a vote for Bob Barr is a vote for Obama. A vote for Ralph Nader is a vote for McCain. Neither has even the slightest chance of winning. Voting for a 3rd party candidate is throwing away your vote. The powers that be do not regard your vote as a message- they just associate you with a fringe group.

If you were once Republican, go knock on your Precinct comiteeman/ Chairmans door and ask him what the hell happened to YOUR GOP. If you dont like his answer, get 5 or so of your neighbors to sign a petition and run against him. Get 50 of your neighbors to vote for you, and you are most likely a real live politician. You then get a vote on what your local GOP is doing. You'll also get access to your statewide candidates.

You can change things. The system still works, if you are willing to put the work into it.

GD

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm tired now, so please continue to ask your questions- I'll pick this up tommorow. I'll try to answer all questions as best I can. Good night!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD

Let me ask ou a question- you mentioned you supported Ron Paul. What did you like about Ron Paul?

well, the question should be, "what IS it that i like about ron paul."

i like the fact that he has ALWAYS been consistent w/ his views even when it went against the grain of the "party" he belonged to. i like that he is has always held to stances that are in line w/ the constitution. he is the only one who voted "no" against so many things that invade my personal privacy and rights as an individual..... and in fact, he is the only one who is doing his job that he was hired to do consistently.

i actually went on a (personal) crusade here recently to find negative things about him (something ATS'ers pride themselves on...... getting the opposite's side's point of view) and ya know what i found? only one thing....... ONE *SNIPPIN'* THING.... nothing else (in writing, speeches, NOTHING, EXCEPT ONE THING......... funny thing, it actually turned out to be positive).......... take a look!!

www.youtube.com...

and by the way, the question shouldn't EVEN be what do i "like" about ron paul?...... it should be what do i LOOOOOVE about ron paul?!!!

will see YOU all in the voting booths come this november!!! will your conscience be as clear as mine when all is said and done?

[edit on 16-7-2008 by justamomma]

GD

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
No one else has questions?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD
No one else has questions?

Well for starters, god is spelled with an "o" in the middle. Just thought I would mention that.

Originally posted by GD
I like McCain because regardless of whether you believe we should have invaded Iraq, we need to win that war.

Please explain why do we "need to win that war"? Better yet, please explain why we had to invade that country in the first place when our republican leaders knew damn well they were not a threat to us?

GD

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

My screenname is not God, which i may point out is spelled with a capital G

We need to win the war because one of the reason bin Ladin hit us is because he wanted to show the world we were weak. Losing this war inspires jihadists- who will come here.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by GD
Even Ron Paul knows how bad a President Obama could be.

no worse and no better than a mccain or bush, for sure. i love the fact that i can cast a vote for someone i REALLY believe in (ron paul) rather than settling for either extreme who are looking for the same end. thanks for the quick reply btw

also, mind if i ask who you are voting for? mccain, right? and why?

Ron Paul is the anti-christ. His true goal is to trick us all into believing that he is the ONE. The true difference. He will lead us down a path to hell, even if he is not elected. Thanks to his Manson Family like supporters, we are all doomed and Ron Paul is riding the lead horse!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join