It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Sphere in Amsterdam, The Netherlands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I saw something weird in the sky in The Netherlands a few weks ago. First it looked like a balloon, but it never changed it`s direction and as it got closer I could clearly see that it was actually some kind of metal sphere; it was a little bit bigger than a soccer ball.

When it was almost above me, some 200 mtrs, I could clearly see that a part of the sphere was slowly lighting up and down, but slowly. It never changed it`s direction until I could not see it anymore, and it was a windy day. It was strange to see something that looked like metal light up, how can metal create light ?

I have no doubt that it looked like a metal sphere, I had never seen that
kind of thing, I could not understand what made it move.

This was something that I could not explain, I am not saying that it was ExtraTerrestrial, I am only saying that it was an UFO.

Has anyone seen anything similar ?

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Lusitania]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I can't say I've ever seen anything like that, though I have read of such, even here on ATS. As I recall, the poster said him and others saw it "open up like it was liquid" and drom another smaller red ball of something.

About your sighting, you said it was windy. Was the object moving in the same direction as the wind?

[edit on 15-7-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That`s why it got my attention in the first place, the wind was changing direction all the time, but that thing it the sky wasn`t. It was moving in a
precise straight line, it never changed, while the wind was constantly changing direction.

I guess I will never know what it was.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I saw one just like that outside McGuire AFB in the pine barrens of NJ once.
There was a sphere a square and a tetrahedron all in a row, they looked to be less than 5 feet in size all the same scale. About five minutes later a fighter jet flew the right over the same spot in the same direction.
They were metallic in color, and the tetrahedron and the square tumbled through the air. I thought they might be some kind of exotic weather balloon, it was a still hot summer day on the ground, but they were moving at a good clip like a slow aircraft speed. About fifty feet up.
No sound.
I almost died of shock when the jet blew right over my head at that same elevation a couple of minutes later. The trees there are only about 15 feet high in the barrens.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lusitania

Hi Lusitania

The wind direction at a certain altitude may be very different from the wind on the surface: what you are describing seems to match the description of a mylar balloon, maybe one of those that presently are being used in Europe for GIS measurements: i am working with some of them, but their appearance is NOT metallic, and besides i work just on the software so i don't know many technical details. I would ignore the direction of the wind anyway: it's a false data, because what you perceive is NOT what is blowing at some altitudes: more important would be to determine if the object ever did some purposal manouvres, or if it looked like driven by some inertia. Please, try to share more details that you recall.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
I saw one just like that outside McGuire AFB in the pine barrens of NJ once.
There was a sphere a square and a tetrahedron all in a row, they looked to be less than 5 feet in size all the same scale. About five minutes later a fighter jet flew the right over the same spot in the same direction.
They were metallic in color, and the tetrahedron and the square tumbled through the air. I thought they might be some kind of exotic weather balloon, it was a still hot summer day on the ground, but they were moving at a good clip like a slow aircraft speed. About fifty feet up.
No sound.
I almost died of shock when the jet blew right over my head at that same elevation a couple of minutes later. The trees there are only about 15 feet high in the barrens.

Wow, the jets are not suppose to fly that low. I bet you crapped your pants!
LOUD!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Optix

It was a rush, a definate rush! We are not designed for that particular experience!

I forgot to mention the objects were all equidistant from one another in a straight line maybe 20 feet from one another. I thought it was strange they would use different shaped balloons and that they be grouped like that. I wondered if they were not some kind of remote control drone, used for tracking practice. But why three shapes?
I did not see any connection between them and frankly the tumbling would not have allowed it.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

new topics

top topics

join