It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the End of the World...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The World Map isn't the planet's geography. The World Map is the map of the planet's geography broken into boundriens, nations and countries. Let us all assume it is that world that ends comes 2012, and that by 2015 the world's population is at about 10% of what it is now. All we have is people and blank land for everything else has been wiped away. Those of us that survived realize we'd not like to go down the same path of "civilization" as our history showed us it leads to distruction.

Excluding rulership, what are some of the main focuses of rebuilding the "New World"? How do we set up our new communities? How do we get from point A to point B? How do we grow our food? How do we live in accordance with the Fragile Earth?

Any Ideas?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

This is a very good question Micha-El. I've often wondered if our population numbers are correct, so I'm not sure what 10% of the population would come out to. I would think that progress would depend on numbers society wise, but as individuals and family units, what a wonderful new world it will be.

Of course it will be hard, as I'm sure in the beginning people will just be looking for others to band with after such devastation, but I have a feeling that those who are left will be much more helping and compassionate towards one another hopefully realizing that we really are one family after all.

One thing I can think of off the top of my head is that education would once again be the responsibility of the home. People will once again learn to live in harmony with the environment, grow there own food as you said. I believe spirituality will be the main focus of this new age and that we might grow together as a community as never before seen by our present eyes.

Blow the trump and I'm ready if I am spared, but either way I smile to think of that world. Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Excluding rulership, what are some of the main focuses of rebuilding the "New World"?

I feel those of us that were given the opportunity to do so should look back to the way we live now for a good guideline on how not to live.

How do we set up our new communities? How do we get from point A to point B? How do we grow our food? How do we live in accordance with the Fragile Earth?

This kind of thinking, in my opinion, will render our "second chance" totally pointless (No offense intended to you). Farming presents a paradox due to the fact that more crops -> higher population -> more crops -> higher population. What this means is that we will find ourselves having to destroy more and more of our ecosystem in order to provide food to sustain an ever growing population. Also, on that note, when a society develops a large surplus of crops then the excess must be put under lock and key, which gives power to those entrusted with our food...leading to a class hierarchy.

If you want to ask me, people would do best if they lived in small nomadic or semi nomadic tribes. Now before anyone flips out on me, most people have such a negative outlook on tribalism because our culture summons a negative reaction at the mere thought of such a way of life, often bringing to mind some poor shack village in a third-world country. This isn't the case however as it's actually believed by some people that this is how humans are meant to be found in nature and such a lifestyle is actually the only way of living that hasn't failed us as a species and is the least destructive to our planet.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I would have to agree that if we went down the route of building communities and trying to reestablish what we have lost, we will only cycle back and start again. Assumably, just like when the civilization before our own was lost and we came right back to this point.

As soon as somebody remembers weapons, the person/group with the best weapon will take over. Then we will continue on as before.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayTaylor

Excluding rulership, what are some of the main focuses of rebuilding the "New World"?

I feel those of us that were given the opportunity to do so should look back to the way we live now for a good guideline on how not to live.

How do we set up our new communities? How do we get from point A to point B? How do we grow our food? How do we live in accordance with the Fragile Earth?

This kind of thinking, in my opinion, will render our "second chance" totally pointless (No offense intended to you). Farming presents a paradox due to the fact that more crops -> higher population -> more crops -> higher population. What this means is that we will find ourselves having to destroy more and more of our ecosystem in order to provide food to sustain an ever growing population. Also, on that note, when a society develops a large surplus of crops then the excess must be put under lock and key, which gives power to those entrusted with our food...leading to a class hierarchy.

If you want to ask me, people would do best if they lived in small nomadic or semi nomadic tribes. Now before anyone flips out on me, most people have such a negative outlook on tribalism because our culture summons a negative reaction at the mere thought of such a way of life, often bringing to mind some poor shack village in a third-world country. This isn't the case however as it's actually believed by some people that this is how humans are meant to be found in nature and such a lifestyle is actually the only way of living that hasn't failed us as a species and is the least destructive to our planet.

Good point Jay, on the surplus and power struggle that would follow. I don't think we would really have a choice, at least in the beginning, of wither or not we would be nomadic. If only 10% of the world population, spread out over the earth, were left to survive we would be lucky to find others before we ourselves met with fate. I really think it would also depend on what kind of cataclysm happened as well. Would the ground even be healthy enough to produce food in the event of nuclear fall out or if Volcano's start blowing?

I don't believe people would hurt one another unless faced with dangerous behaviors from others, such as being attacked. Immediate need would be uncontaminated food and water to survive and I believe, at least for the first couple of years directly following, people would just be happy to see one another and to know they weren't the "last person on the planet".

I wonder really how fast people would regroup again into substantial communes for there to even be a worry about a power grab? Just the reset for society I believe would change everyone's outlook on what is important and in starting anew, the new generations wouldn't know the "old ways". He will wipe away every tear...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

The Watchers, aka the true working for God "aliens", are alowed to assist in cases of posable extinction. That's to say the least if there isn't a special representitive here on our planet at the time of the self distruction of the echos of evil's waves started long ago and not too far away.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'd find some followers and build a castle. Then once we have the castle in place... we'll bring back chivalry and make a knights of the round table. Then I'll get my Excalibur and conquer whats left of the unorganized Americas.

Feudal age... here we come!

and if the Aliens interfere... I'll just sweet talk my way to becoming a Jedi Knight.

ahhh its good to have a plan.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think what will transpire will be a great deal like "Canticle for Liebowitz".

Those who survive will seek out all of the surviving scientists and elites and kill them all for what they have done to humanity and the earth.

farm4.static.flickr.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What about this??? Following is a quote from the wikipedia webpage on the Georgia Guidestones.

"""""""""""""
A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles is engraved on the Georgia Guidestones in eight different languages, one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages are: English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Ancient Chinese, and Russian. The message in English reads:

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature
Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a one world court
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.
"""""""""""""""
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
What about this??? Following is a quote from the wikipedia webpage on the Georgia Guidestones.

en.wikipedia.org...

That is pretty much the philosophy of the New World Order. To get to that first population goal, they intend to kill us all one way or another.

I think it odd you put your finger on THE touchstone of the New World Order in the United States.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Queen Maeve
That is pretty much the philosophy of the New World Order. To get to that first population goal, they intend to kill us all one way or another.

I think it odd you put your finger on THE touchstone of the New World Order in the United States.

Oh! I'm sorry! I don't know that much about the guidestone, but from what I do understand it has no trade mark or mark that says "Propety of the NWO". You're "NWO" is a boogyman your mind has made up so that evil wins within you. Good luck with all that.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Interesting thread Incarnated (flagged).

I´ve been thinking about this lately and wonder what humanity will do when, for iinstance, electricity, telephone, satellites, etc. Stop working from one day to the other.

Can you imagine what would happen if the sea level increased suddenly? Not only many people would die, but our main infrastructure would have a severe damage...

People who survive such an event (or another one of a similar kind) will have to face hard times, but humankind will only look inside themselves by going through a deep pain... An important catastrophe.

I do not think that this planet can continue for too long on the path that it is now... And I am expecting anything to happen, but it will happen.

Regards,
Ptolomeo

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well in terms of rebuilding, the civilizations would thrive better in higher up areas, more sun rays, less chance of floods, also cliffs are a good defensive position for battles.

Or we could rebuild on the ocean like waterworld and live off seafood till the rest of the worlds animals replenish, hmm... I donno, I think i'll just worry about all that stuff when it comes...

First things first tho im making some homemade armour and a spear, totally

top topics

join