It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

quitting smoking.. easy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I like smoking cigarettes. I only started like two years ago. before I started smoking I would walk around with a cigarette all the time. It helped curb my appatite. I just wish it did not have all the health problems associated with it.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Congrats on deciding to quit and I wish you the best of luck.

I smoked 2 packs a day for roughly 15 years. Got a bad case of the flu and couldn't stand cigs or taco bell since that's all that came outta me that week. lol I tried to smoke afterwards and it just didn't taste as good so I decided to permanently quit. Been smoke free for 6 years. Best choice I ever made. No more yearly bronchitis, no more cigarette headaches, no more yellow walls, furnishings etc. and extra spending money in the pocket. Pretty good deal if you ask me! Luckily for me I didn't really have any cravings and it didn't hurt that none of my family members or friends smoked.

To be honest this year was the first time I ever had a really bad craving. Work has been hellacious and my stress level was through the roof. I took a break and was just staring outside and there it was..... the outdoor smokers lounge in all it glory!! Old memorys from smoking days past flooded my mind and I thought maybe if I have just one I can calm down. I talked myself out of it for almost a week and finally caved. I bummed one from a co-worker, smuck downstairs, lit it up and took a deep draw. *Cough cough bleeccck* It tasted horrible, I got light headed and couldn't wash the small off my hands. lol I am happy to say I have not had another one and do not plan to either.

So just stick with it, think of all the positive benefits and you can do!! It doesn't hurt to reward yourself either. Use the money you saved and treat yourself to something nice!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiigurl
Especially smoking after sex!

I've never understood: had a bud in the service, he didn't smoke, unless we went to a pub, then he would smoke as heavy as I, but after drinking, he doesn't smoke again !!

Originally posted by Maybach Hanson
I like smoking cigarettes.

You'll change that thought ......... someday ....... oh boy will you ever change it !

Misfit

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SuprDupr

:shk:

[edit on 16-7-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by SuprDupr

I knew you would comment (or lack of a comment) Be disappointed if you are but I had to do what seemed best for me at the time. With food they teach you if you have a urge just eat the food you are craving or else you will eat twice as much of something else just trying to avoid the "bad" food in the first place. I thought that theory might apply to my ciggy situation as well. I just wanted one to get it out of my system and I was done. No harm done.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So how is your quitting smoking going?

Are you still smoke free? And I agree with you. Even if you have smoked one or two cigarettes since you quit, its still better than a pack a day and you are doing very well to only smoke a few every couple days. So how is it coming?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Thx for asking man !.. It's still going well.. I smoked half a cigarette last night, in a weak moment, wich tasted great, but I changed my mind fast enough..
I was surprised that I didn't feel like smoking at ALL..when waking up today, even after coffee and some food.
I always smoked when waking up, so a big improvement there.

Im pretty sure im going to pull this off, but i can't promise myself I will never smoke again in my life. See how I think about that in a week or so.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BcnDiamond

It might help you to change your avatar? The power of suggestion has incredible strength when trying to change aspects of life. Every time you make/read/see your post, you're looking at a cig.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I decided to quit while I was deployed to Iraq. I reached down for my smokes after a long day and discovered my smokes were covered in blood (only partially mine). Seeing that made me realize that there were 1000 was to die in that country why add another.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Congratulations for quiting smoking. My best wishes to you.

I've quit several times. I get so nervous and hateful that usually a family member will sneak a pack in my house and I find them and start smoking again.

Next time I try to quit I'm going out of town, lock myself in a motel room and stay there for a few days.

Been smoking since 1960 "cough" and it "cough" hasn't hurt "cough" me yet. I would probably be just fine without the inhalers and the nebulizer. Don't know why I "cough" have a disabled tag "cough".

My drug bill is close to a thousand dollars a month.

Please do yourself a big favor and don't ever smoke again.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Congrats on the wise decision to quit smoking. I've been smoking since I was about 14years old; 6 years now.

I would love to quit but I honestly don't want to. It sounds crazy to non-smokers, but I love a good smoke. For example, after I came off stage earlier tonight, I went outside for a smoke and my God, it was a thing of beauty!
On the other hand, when I smoke too much, I feel really sick.

In the future, I see myself as a non-smoker but I guess right now it's not my time to quit.

I'm going to start running again tomorrow morning, I may change my mind about smoking then after I realise how much damage my lungs have taken!

Ironically, I'm sat reading this thread whilst smoking a cig.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

How's the habit kicking project going?

I am still rooting for you

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Going great, ty!
Ill be on a short trip to berlin next week, if I can hold myself those 6 days, I believe I can officially say, I quit smoking.

Originally posted by xeroxed88
I would love to quit but I honestly don't want to. It sounds crazy to non-smokers, but I love a good smoke.

This is exactly how I thought last year, still agree on the last part.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I went from smoking just over a packet a day to 4 or 5 day all because I decided to stop smoking at my computer clogging it up with dust and junk from the smoke and decided to start smoking outdoors.

I could quit right now if I wanted to but smoking is something I enjoy, sure it has health implications and can kill me but the propaganda that anti smoker campaigners is the numbers blown out of proportion and manipulated to look worse than they actually are. Besides I've only got one life so may as well live it doing the things I enjoy and if smoking is one of those things then I'll smoke

[edit on 22/7/08 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hey there Bcn....well done!

And just think of all that extra fresh air you're gonna get when you go to the bottle bank everyday!
:w:

Just kidding, good luck and may the force be with you.

Tell us if you notice things changing like taste and mood.

You can do it

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Sweet! Hang in there you have some back up here should that monkey try and climb back on your back,

he's evil...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join