It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parole denied for dying Manson follower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Parole denied for dying Manson follower

www.chicagotribune.com

SACRAMENTO (AP) _ The state parole board on Tuesday denied a request for compassionate release to Charles Manson follower Susan Atkins, who stabbed actress Sharon Tate to death nearly 40 years ago and is dying of brain cancer.The California Board of Parole released its unanimous decision hours after a 90-minute hearing, during which it heard impassioned pleas from both sides.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Many of you weren't born and/or won't remember the Manson murders in 1968. At the time they were considered horrific and people were appalled at the savagery of such young people. I'm not surprised Atkins did not get a compassionate release because people's feelings about her are still strong.

www.chicagotribune.com

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I remember the story very well and I agree that she should not be released at all. None of them should. They deserve what they did.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Im am very sorry she is dying of cancer. I would wish this on no one But she deserves the same level of compassion in this matter that she showed the pregnant Sharon Tate whom she stabbed 16 times as she was pleading for her and her babies life just to 'shut her up".

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So she has brain cancer? Well, she was a cancer to society and innocent people, so it's an eye for an eye.

You may not have the blessing of dying in the presence of your loved ones, just like your victims who were robbed of this chance.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Not only does she not deserve to be let out early, she doesn't deserve to even ask to be let out early. She was put into prison to spend the rest of her days in prison. I will not pass judgement and say that she deserves to burn in hell, but it does sound suiting. Anyone that's willing to murder a pregnant women, doesn't deserve to freedom. If there was a worst thing then life in prison, she deserves it. I find it disturbing that people even listened to her plea to be let out.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Vincent Bugliosi, the man who prosecuted the gang, thought after sentencing that Atkins would end up doing eight years or so before being released on parole. I guess we were all a little bit more foregiving back then. But enough alrealdy. I say let Charlie's girls go. I still believe in redemption.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by starviego]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

Many of you weren't born and/or won't remember the Manson murders in 1968. At the time they were considered horrific and people were appalled at the savagery of such young people. I'm not surprised Atkins did not get a compassionate release because people's feelings about her are still strong.

www.chicagotribune.com

I'm think we still consider them to be very gruesome, Charles Manson is insane...I watched an interview with him on MSNBC I believe it was...I don't know how these girls fell victim to him. However, being that brainwashed is no excuse for killing someone in cold blood.

new topics

top topics

join