It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Two Gays Only Count as One Parent, Therefore they shouldn't be able to adopt':McCain

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I must say this is the first post that has made me livid. I just want to find a gun and blow my head off now. Seriously. The fact he even said this, just proves to me, this country is not ready, and perhaps will never be ready for true compassion, kindness, equality, and freedom. And for anyone to say they know what a kid of two gay parents would go through? Maybe if these ignorant parents would teach their kids to accept everyone for who they are, then the kids with gay parents wouldn't be ridiculed. There's so much pain in this world as it is, I see it on the faces of everyone... why create more for others? The karma that will come to the homophobic folk posting in this thread will be unparalleled.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Incredible
by the views of many here, we should still be burning witches, stoning prostitutes and any social deviants, that means fornicators, gays and disenters.

Unbelivable.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by marg6043]

Whoa whoa whoa I hope that isnt pointed at me. Like I said above if you want to be gay, straight, or whatever that is your choice who am I to say. If you want to smoke a big fat joint while gambling with 2 prostitutes on each side we should be able to who am I to tell you how you live. Just because I dont feel that being gay is natural does not mean I want to stone them.....

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Ack I really didnt want to because I wanted to get to bed early...with that said just like in real life if Im challenged to something I have to take it...But I get the first shots
So where do we meet?

The Debate Forum.

You can have your exceptions, no prob. The topic, "Gay people are less fit to raise kids than straights". Reword it if you wish. If we agree we have to u2u a Debate forum mod to set it up.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm
“It’s a myth that hard-to-place children would have no other option,” “Groups like Adopt America (1-800-246-1731 or [email protected]) have hundreds of married couples who are willing to take even HIV-positive children.”

Even HIV positive children?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Incredible
by the views of many here, we should still be burning witches, stoning prostitutes and any social deviants, that means fornicators, gays and disenters.

Unbelivable.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by marg6043]
That's a bit of a stretch there Marg.. Nobody said anything about bringing back the good old days.

Just kidding.. before you flame me!

[edit on 7/15/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

No, it was addressed to the aura that has taken over the gay parent issue in this thread, If I wanted to point the post to you I would have addressed you directly.

I guess I hit a soft spot.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I know, I was just pointing out to another age and time on the self righteous humble beginnings of our nation.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

No, it was addressed to the aura that has taken over the gay parent issue in this thread, If I wanted to point the post to you I would have addressed you directly.

I guess I hit a soft spot.

Oh LOL hey when I get into defense mode its ON!!!!!!! Especially when I get ganged up on 2 or 3 against me
Thats just me being edgy.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ugh... against natural law? Other things that promote the violation of natural law: Splenda, clothing, air travel, eye glasses, antibiotics, vegetarianism....

If I were to guess, I think the opposition to adoption really boils down to a) religious programming or b) getting really wigged out by two dudes doing... things.

Natural law advocates have never held protests at the optometrist's office.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Don't be edgy, you know that the beauty of ATS is that we all can post our views and opinions and defend our positions against all odds

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by telefrog
Ugh... against natural law? Other things that promote the violation of natural law: Splenda, clothing, air travel, eye glasses, antibiotics, vegetarianism....

These although good points , do not hold weight for me in 'this' argument because non of those things above directly effect the life of a child that has no choice but to accept their current situation.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think the USA have to chose between two useless candidates ... however I personally think that two men will never be the same as a father and a mother, it is like having two fathers or two mothers ! How will one explain to the child who is the father and who is the mother? What kind of psychological effects will it have on the child, how will the child be able to invite friends to his or her house ? This is Mark, my father and this is John, my mother !?... I think this should not be allowed because children should have the right to have a normal life, they should not be confronted with these sexual issues when they are 6 or 7, and kids at school start making jokes, they will be ashamed and will not be accepted by most other kids.
I do not like McCain or Obama, but on this point McCain is right.

I lived in Amsterdam, The Netherlands for 24 years, so I know what gay life is like. I really do not think children are compatible with gays.

I think we should use our energy to make the world a better place, so that adoption is not necessary !

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Lusitania]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
but think about this in an animal sense. How many gay lions do you see raising cubs to adulthood. There is a female there. Hell you can bring up nearly any animal I think.

Roy and Silo, two chinstrap penguins at the Central Park Zoo in Manhattan, are completely devoted to each other. For nearly six years now, they have been inseparable. They exhibit what in penguin parlance is called "ecstatic behavior": that is, they entwine their necks, they vocalize to each other, they have sex. Silo and Roy are, to anthropomorphize a bit, gay penguins. When offered female companionship, they have adamantly refused it. And the females aren't interested in them, either.

At one time, the two seemed so desperate to incubate an egg together that they put a rock in their nest and sat on it, keeping it warm in the folds of their abdomens, said their chief keeper, Rob Gramzay. Finally, he gave them a fertile egg that needed care to hatch. Things went perfectly. Roy and Silo sat on it for the typical 34 days until a chick, Tango, was born. For the next two and a half months they raised Tango, keeping her warm and feeding her food from their beaks until she could go out into the world on her own. Mr. Gramzay is full of praise for them.

Roy and Silo are hardly unusual. Milou and Squawk, two young males, are also beginning to exhibit courtship behavior, hanging out with each other, billing and bowing. Before them, the Central Park Zoo had Georgey and Mickey, two female Gentoo penguins who tried to incubate eggs together. And Wendell and Cass, a devoted male African penguin pair, live at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island. Indeed, scientists have found homosexual behavior throughout the animal world.

Then in 1999, Bruce Bagemihl published "Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity" (St. Martin's Press), one of the first books of its kind to provide an overview of scholarly studies of same-sex behavior in animals. Mr. Bagemihl said homosexual behavior had been documented in some 450 species. (Homosexuality, he says, refers to any of these behaviors between members of the same sex: long-term bonding, sexual contact, courtship displays or the rearing of young.) Last summer the book was cited by the American Psychiatric Association and other groups in a "friend of the court" brief submitted to the Supreme Court in Lawrence v. Texas, a case challenging a Texas anti-sodomy law. The court struck down the law.

www.sensualism.com...

But, do we really want to compare ourselves to animals when it comes to rearing young?

Pictures of an elephant calf being rescued after his mother appeared to try to crush him made headlines. So, do elephants intentionally kill their young?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Many animals kill the young of others. Should we be doing this instead of giving them a "gay" home?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Intresting....

I didnt think McCain would do something like this...

It might aliennate the people he is trying to pander too...

This is intresting... and im not sure i agree with it...

IMHO, if a gay couple wants to raise a kid, good for them.

But, this is definatly the stragnest 'theroy' ive ever seen in this area...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I really am getting agitated at some of these posts, because really everyone has gone through bullying one way or another, victim or causer, but whatever, I will not rant like I would like to. Listen, parents are parents, no matter what the sexuality, and if there is 2 of them, there is 2, not 0.5, everyone is capable of being a bad parent, and everyone is capable of being a good parent, that's the shortest way I can put it. Some children are going to be made fun of, they might have been brought up Catholic or whatever religious background, thus their ideals given down to them from their parents, will end up making fun of these same-sex adopted kids, but you know, it can easily be the same way the other way around. I think everyone needs to grow up just a little bit, this is a matter of who is a more suitable parent, and not leave their children on a tree tied up all night, not who is going to get bullied.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Everyone has the right to have an opinion. Every time someones says something that could be against gay ideals, it must be because there is a Catholic or other religious influence, this is not fair or true.

I have worked with lots of gays, I even accept gay marriages in a city council (not in a church), but as far as I am concerned that is the limit. Adoptions NO !

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Lusitania]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
All I want to say is I completely oppose gay marriage, its a sin against nature and a crime against humanity and to allow gay couples to adopt a child is just wrong in so many ways... do you really think that kid is gonna turn out right?

I don't like McCain mainly because I know he wants to keep us in Iraq but I can't criticize him for saying this.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Research Overview of Lesbian and Gay Parenting

Research to date has reached an unequivocal conclusion about gay parenting: the children of lesbian and gay parents grow up as successfully as the children of heterosexual parents. In fact, not a single study has found the children of lesbian or gay parents to be disadvantaged because of their parents’ sexual orientation. Other key findings include:

There is no evidence to suggest that lesbians and gay men are unfit to be parents. Home environments with lesbian and gay parents are as likely to successfully support a child’s development as those with heterosexual parents.

Good parenting is not influenced by sexual orientation. Rather, it is influenced most profoundly by a parent’s ability to create a loving and nurturing home -- an ability that does not depend on whether a parent is gay or straight.

There is no evidence to suggest that the children of lesbian and gay parents are less intelligent, suffer from more problems, are less popular, or have lower self-esteem than children of heterosexual parents.

The children of lesbian and gay parents grow up as happy, healthy and well-adjusted as the children of heterosexual parents.

www.acluutah.org...

All that needs saying.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yeah so which adviosr cooked up that little theroy for him?

He didnt know what the heck to say before...he must be happy he's got some lame excuse to stick by now.

Smoke and mirrrors.....Hey everyone, here have some Brittany Spears and Baseball and McCains pointless topics of discussion ------------- while we rape you of all your money and hog all this mind boggling technology for our fat old selves.

How do all these dinosaurs care about so much of their stupid lives and stuff when they are so darn old. I mean...D. Rockefeller is like 93...dude come on your gonna croak anytime now. I guess it never gets old for them. Probably gotta keep the dastractions going so they dont start thinking about death and what might happen after ........muhuhahaha.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

I agree, and I think the hole just keeps getting deeper for McCain. What ever happened to skirting the question better? he just lost out on a large base of voters.

That's ok,, he could act like obama and say a bunch of sugar coated crap he knows a "large base of voters" wants to hear and make me sick from diabetes. He was asked a straight forward, cut to the chase question.

He answered it just like all of them should and that's one thing I have always liked about McCain,,

You always know where ya stand

- Con

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join