It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Shuttle Challenger blew up WHEN???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
its very common to remember somthing where your brain has the connections there but for some reason the got stringed together with other memories.

The majority of people will remember things but can not associate truly when and where the learned it. Deja vu is a good example of instantanious memory...or parts of the brain react before others.

For instance 2012 rings in my ears from many sources as sumthing gonna happen. Well could it be a subconcious thought from a futurama epsiode x-mas(aired late 90's) where talkin head conan o'brian(writer for simpsons) quotes the war of 2012 as the end of the world.

truth is stranger than fiction

peace

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think memories are getting confused. I was in grade school from from 1976 -1984 and we had the tv rolled in all the time:

When the Iranian hostages were returned in 1981.

All the space shuttle lift offs, there was one in 1984( which I think is the memory people are confusing)

The innaugation of the presidents.

Even the arrival of Pope John Paul II we watched in school

I was home sick the day the Challenger failed. I remember it being not that early in the day, after lunch central time so I think everone(some of us) are confusing the 1984 memory of watching the successful shuttle launch in grade school, with the memory of watching the replay on the news of the challenger.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ah_Pook
reply to post by Neon Haze

Hell yeah, i'm in the '83 camp, and i had an horrific car crash in 1988, AND came out without a scratch much to the surprise of everyone, even the prosecutor in court who had actually seen the resulting wreck insitu said it was a miracle i survived, never mind get out and walk/run away.

After the experience i kept asking myself why? when reading up on quantum theory in the early 90's i too came to the conclusion of eternal life and alternate realities and figured i must only be able to perceive the reality in which i'm alive to perceive it in.

I never figured to correlate it with this thread though, you could be onto something.

Excuse me for quoting myself but i want to make sure Neon Haze see's this.

The problem i've got with the above explanation, is.....if i switched timelines to one where the shuttle crash happened in '83, then surely everyone and everything must be in the corresponding timeline with me, therefore the media and general consensus should be that it happened in '83....no??, therefore everone in the '86 timeline would of perceived me to of died...so what are they doing in my timeline?
Or am i getting something completely wrong here?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ah_Pook
The problem I’ve got with the above explanation, is.....if i switched timelines to one where the shuttle crash happened in '83, then surely everyone and everything must be in the corresponding timeline with me, therefore the media and general consensus should be that it happened in '83....no??, therefore everyone in the '86 timeline would of perceived me to of died...so what are they doing in my timeline?
Or am i getting something completely wrong here?

I'm realy happy that others have had the same thoughts and feelings.

You didn't move time line where the crash happened in 83, it's the other way round. You remember the shuttle crash occurring in 83 but consequently the potential for your existence within that reality reached Zero...

You then moved to the nearest reality that your potential to exist was higher than Zero. This reality, the reality where the Challenger accident happened in 1986.

The ultimate conclusion is we are eternal. There is no real death. Our consciousness is ever lasting.

Die of old age?? Nope, you keep on going just in a reality where that disease is cured before you die of it.

Multiple realities but we perceive them as a single route.

If you are reading this and am getting what I’m saying then please ad your support, I would like to gauge how many others there are that have become aware of this.

Someone asked me what the maths I was quoted earlier... Well I hope you have your reading heads on...

Finally an answer to EVERYTHING - Quantum Field Gravity - BRAIDS

Power to the People!!

NeoN HaZe

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Neon Haze]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

I'm realy happy that others have had the same thoughts and feelings.

You didn't move time line where the crash happened in 83, it's the other way round. You remember the shuttle crash occurring in 83 but consequently the potential for your existence within that reality reached Zero...

You then moved to the nearest reality that your potential to exist was higher than Zero. This reality, the reality where the Challenger accident happened in 1986.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Neon Haze]

Wow, i never thought about it that way, thats a bit of a mind blower, looks like i got things back to front, thanks for clearing that up, i'll check your link out and ponder this for a while, i'm intrigued

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

So you don't feel like answering my question?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Element-115

So you don't feel like answering my question?

You asked me what were the maths I was quoted earlier... Well I hope you have your reading heads on...

Finally an answer to EVERYTHING - Quantum Field Gravity - BRAIDS

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Ahh heavy reading I hope...

thanks.

The link to the PDF isn't working anymore.. .

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Element-115]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I know what you're talking about, Neon Haze. I believe the name for that theory is Quantum Suicide (you can wiki it). There is math and science behind it...it's basically a logical extension of the Shroedinger's Cat though experiment, and Everett's many worlds theory.

It's an interesting theory, but I'm not sure it holds up to everyday logic. For instance, how are people born in 1300 AD going to live past the normal human lifetime? They don't have the technology we do now (or will in the future). Also, just because you escape death, doesn't mean you're fine. Lots of people survive horrific things only to be left a vegetable, or like that guy in that Metallica video.
So is quantum immortality going to eventually stop trying and just leave us all barely alive from one timeline to the next?

I'm honestly curious how those questions fit into the theory, and if you could answer them, that would be awesome. Because I really do like the theory, in theory!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hello, this is my first post on ATS. I joined just to respond to this thread. I already tried to post anonymously, but I know it takes the Mods a few to get to those. But, I couln't wait. So, I joined to post. This is what I tried to post before (if it shows up twice, sorry):

Yes! I too have been confused by the 86 date. I clearly remember the day because I was in Jr. High (in 1986, I would have been in High School). Here’s how I remember the accident. I was in science class, and my teacher gave us busy work. She left the room. I went to my locker to get a notebook. Here’s the key info that makes my memory so real and, in a way, validates for me the year. My parents were teachers at the Jr. High. I had free rein! I could pretty much come and go as I pleased without anyone stopping me or getting in trouble for being in the hallway during class. I never had that freedom in High School. So, I was in the hallway going to my locker (located across from the library), and I noticed that they had wheeled out the TV cart and adults, including my teacher, were watching something. I noticed that my teacher was crying. Just seeing my teacher cry, made me feel unsafe. So, I stood near the library quietly and watched the TV long enough to figure out that the challenger had crashed. This, of course, had been a big deal for my teacher. I didn’t say anything and went back to class. I sat there, unable to do the busy work, and waited for her to come back. It took awhile and the students were getting restless. I felt sad/strange knowing what had happened and what was really going on. When she came back, she wrapped up class (she looked shaken) and said NOTHING! I couldn’t believe it! But as an adult, I think I understand her not wanting to upset a group of kids. Anyway, I swear that’s what happened! I always remembered it that way, and I don’t know why I wouldn’t remember the year as 86. In 1983, I would have been 13 going on 14 in October. The next year would have been High School, and I no longer had the freedom to come and go around the school like that. Also, my locker was no where near the library in 86. Totally different library, anyway. So, what did I see in 83? I’ve always been confused by this but figured it was my own memory failure. Thanks for listening.

So, after reading through others' posts, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this out-of-place 83 date.

Thanks guys.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Interesting that there are this many people who either can't remember clearly or maybe have merged with our universe from another.

From my perspective as that of the written reports the shuttle tank exploded in 1986, but the shuttle crew compartment itself was not completely destroyed immediately. I know this because I was on board - remotely.

It happened over and over for me more than once a day starting about 2 weeks prior to the shuttle being destroyed and ceasing within a day.

I didn't know it at the time what I was experiencing, but I was having dreams and my perspective was on board the shuttle. I was inside a cockpit of what I thought was an airplane, I saw a wing painted white, I felt a jolt and then there was only silence and I felt myself falling - then I would awaken.

I was upset at the time & not communicating with a family member who was a pilot and I mis-interpreted the dream as that family member was going to have an air crash. I remember debating whether or not to contact him and tell him, but I didn't.

After I saw the shuttle tank explode on television I knew that my more than a dozen repeated dreams were not an airplane with a white wing, but it was the Challenger disaster.

I think I might have had one more dream about it after that and I wondered if some of the astronauts were alive after the initial explosion or maybe I was just seeing it from their perspective during and after they lost attachment of their physical bodies.

It was the first time in my life I had a recognizable premonition of a large event.

I don't know why I saw it or why I see other events - maybe they're just big ripples in the river of time.

I don't think I could of known enough to prevent it, I often wonder if in another time line I was physically on board.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I read this thread this morning and asked my wife this evening if she remembers the shuttle disaster (I can't place the date). I asked her if she could recall where, when, what she was doing, etc, without leading her on toward any particular date (I didn't ask her "was it in '86, or '83, etc).

She said she remembers being in 7th grade. I asked how she remembers being in 7th grade, and she said she remembers it was her 7th grade teacher making the announcement about the disaster to the class and bringing in a TV to watch.

Turns out my wife was in 7th grade in 1983!

(BTW - After pointing out this thread we found that the challenger maiden voyage was in '83 so she thinks maybe that was the announcement. But I wondered why that was news-worthy enough to make an announcement).

[edit on 16-7-2008 by mecheng]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here is the odd part to me.....it's in increments of 3. 1983, 1986, 1989. There definately seems to be some strange form of "slippage" going on here. I think we "all" feel it at some point or another, the celebrities who died years ago, or should have died, or are still alive. 25 year old buildings popping up that we've never seen in familiar places, but these things are easily overlooked or shrugged off, but as another poster put it, there are certain things you DON'T forget or mix up. Kennedy's asassination., The Challenger disaster, 9/11, Pearl Harbor. I'm almost afraid to think of the past now to try and detect other differences with this where/when. I kind of just want to stop reading this thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

I caught that too. Like it happened in '86 but somehow time 'slipped' forward or back 3 years for certain people. Tomorrow I'm going to ask a few people what year they remember it happening.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I without a doubt remember it being in 86, but what I'm seeing on this thread is fascinating. I notice that some of the people that remember it in the 86 timeline
stayed home from school that day. My wife remembers it in 86, but she stayed home that day as well (did not know her then). Who else may have stayed home that day and why?

[edit on 16-7-2008 by shai hulud]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I clearly remember it happening in 1986.

I was just leaving a morning class at the college I was attending, and there was a tv out in the hallway with people standing around watching. I wanted to get back to my dorm room, so I remember being annoyed at trying to get through the crowded hall.

When I got back to the dorm, there was a common area with the TV on in there and people gathered around watching it. It was then that I realized something must have happened and I stayed there to watch the news reports.

I was only at that college for 1 year, so I know it was 1986.

Good posts everyone - I have noticed the #3 in here as well... at the beginning of this thread in the first 5 or so pages, there are several references to things in 3 hour increments.

[edit on 7/16/2008 by Tadarida]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
My memories of this event have not changed. That was my freshman year in college, and I remember watching the news updates all day after it happened.

So interesting how others' memories have changed with regards to the date.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I read this thread as I too have had feelings of "change", one of them being that the Queen mum is dead, there is a part of me which says she should be alive.

Anyway regarding Challenger, I decided to conduct a survey up town yesterday, I stood on the street corner and asked the happy shoppers what their recollection of the date was, results were:

Date No of people

1981- 7
1982 1
1983 27
1984 9
1985 5
1986 63
1987 0
1988 4
1989 18
1990+ 2

So it would appear the majority of people go for the correct date of 1986.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Those who recall 1986 are still within the same time line. Those claiming otherwise are being put into ours for a very good reason. But I also like how they brought with them some minor changes. Say for instance "Day Of The Dead" there are more zombies (then before) and I don't recall a Chemist kit in the background near Bub the zombie. Same goes with a few other movies.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I was in the 4th grade we watched it at school.So if I remember watching in school in 4th grade then it would have been in 1986.I remember we watched it live because one of the astronauts was a teacher and was going to be the first US women in space.The weird thing is the first US woman in space was in 1983( Sally Kristen Ride)

[edit on 17-7-2008 by icybluebeing]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join