It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Are you taking any action because of the banking sector crisis?

Lets review our history

The Panic of 1907, also known as the 1907 Bankers' Panic, was a financial crisis in the United States. The stock market fell nearly 50% from its peak in 1906, the economy was in recession, and there were numerous runs on banks and trust companies. Its primary cause was a retraction of loans by some banks that began in New York and soon spread across the nation, leading to the closings of banks and businesses. The 1907 panic was the fourth panic in 34 years.

If its in the encyclopedia

Just in case you don't know what I'm talking about

At the same time, Bernanke, testifying before the Senate Banking Committee, sounded another warning that rising prices for energy and food are elevating inflation risks. This problem looms even as officials try to cope with persistent strains in financial markets, rising joblessness and housing problems.

WDF is going on?

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Solo954]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If a bank does close and you have a safety deposit with them. You are able to get everything out right.Since what is in the safety deposit is actual stuff right. I live on Oahu and i just hope BofH doesnt go under.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by isa75

No. If a bank choose to close and lock it door nobody but the police, the lock smith and the bankers are getting in...The bank shuts down you lose your stuff and you file with the FDIC to get upto 100,000 from them not from the bank...

Never trust your stuff in other peoples hands. You never know when said other people will change their minds.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by isa75

Negative. If you bank with an institute and the institute is FDIC insured, and that institute happens to close down, the Federal deposit insurance protects the first $100000 of deposits that are payable in the United States. But if many banks close down my worry is the economy would plunge because not only do we now have an issue with increase of food price, oil, unemployment and war, but we would be more in debt for settling FDIC claims for those people who might lose their money if they don't withdraw the money. But then again if we do withdraw our money. Banks would lose investments the stock would probably fall as well and the economy would still plunge. Eventually other international bankers would buy out the little banks to gain more profit and customers (Like Bank Of America has) then slowly the economy would fix itself again like it has 4 times already. We might be looking at another panic here guys. Just remember after every panic there is a depression. Which blows

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Solo954]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This Banking crisis is all part of the plan to force the Amero on us,guys TPTB are gonna manufacture crisis after crisis until they get thier one world gov and we are all serfs.Welcome to the 21'st century.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

But all 3 countries would first have to unite and the people would have to turn in there current currency it being the American Dollar, the Canadian Dollar and the Peso before we could see the Amero. What I do believe would first happend would be corporate dominance over all of North America and the Vchip. But you maybe on the right path

top topics

join