It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students: Want Lunch? Use Your Finger.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Students: Want Lunch? Use Your Finger.

www.ktvb.com

School officials in Nampa say they intend to use a new scanning machine to identify students buying school lunches.

The machine should be ready for secondary schools this fall and will replace the more traditional identification cards.

Nampa School District Spokeswoman Allison Westfall says the biometric scanner assigns a unique identification to each student's fingerprint.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Didn't nature already assign a "unique identification" to each and every one of our fingerprints? This is beyond messed up. The last line of the story is utter bullcrap, too. Obviously common sense would tell anyone reading this that somewhere, linked to this scanner's computer system, is a database of every participating child's fingerprint... otherwise how does the machine work?

www.ktvb.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
this scares me a lot. luckily I'm out of high school but that sort of thing is very sinister. the database of fingerprints could easily be just handed over to whoever wants them (be it the police or federal government) and then that opens up all sorts of problems. and what if someone hacked the database?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I hate those monsters. MY highschool started using our ID cards as debit cards. There were many stories of how the amount of money in students accounts would slowly shrink. The fingerprint scanner is such a bad idea.

It's the gov't getting kids used to it so they don't question this invasion of provacy when they get older - they just blindly go along with any new rules passed on them.

And interestign solution would be : brign your lunch. I did once they started using the debit card system. I never set foot in the cafeteria for a year & a half.

new topics

top topics

join