It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depleted Uranium weaponry spells world depopulation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Thats why I will keep researching the topic, and sharing what I find. This is something that not only concerns the areas targeted, but each and every one of us, but every living thing on earth. Sooner or later awareness will catch on. In any case thank you for the positive support.

You are most welcome, and deserve support for highlighting this incredible and largely underplayed blight on humanity's future. Is seems to me that the current powers in charge do not give a toss, as it will not directly affect them due to the time scales, and they have no concerns about the future of humanity or the planet. Just short-term profits. It's probably safe to say that this current usuary system will soon collapse and we will all have to start start again from scratch. God help us with all the radiation poison forever about us.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
From the conspiracy point of view, I went to a Muslim article, that links this to deliberate depopulation beginning Kissinger's famous quote. I don't think this is mere short-sightedness, but deliberate as well. And we've already experienced fall out from the nano dust, and this will continue here, in North America, for 4.5 billion years unless cleanup is enforced, something both the US and UK flat out refuse to do. With my country breaking its own laws, as well as international, they should be forced as well, and I hope this reaches a world court in the near future, or our future, our children's future will literally rot away.

look here]Link here[/url]

Dr. Henry Kissinger, who wrote: “Depopulation should be the highest priority of U.S. foreign policy towards the Third World.”

Research on population control, preventing future births, is now being carried out secretly by biotech companies. Dr. Ignacio Chapela, a University of California microbiologist, discovered that wild corn in remote parts of Mexico is contaminated with lab altered DNA. That discovery made him a threat to the biotech industry.

Chapela was denied tenure at UC Berkeley when he reported this to the scientific community, despite the embarrassing discovery that UC Chancellor Berdahl, who was denying him tenure, was getting large cash payments - $40,000 per year - from the LAM Research Corp. in Plano, Texas....

Depopulation policy became the top priority under the NSC agenda, Club of Rome and U.S. policymakers like Gen. Alexander Haig, Cyrus Vance, Ed Muskie and Kissinger. According to an NSC spokesman at the time, the United States shared the view of former World Bank President Robert McNamara that the “population crisis” is a greater threat to U.S. national security interests than nuclear annihilation.In 1975, Henry Kissinger established a policy-planning group in the U.S. State Department’s Office of Population Affairs.

The depopulation “GLOBAL 2000” document for President Jimmy Carter was prepared.

It is no surprise that this policy was established under President Carter with help from Kissinger and Brzezinski - all with ties to David Rockefeller. The Bush family, the Harriman family - the Wall Street business partners of Bush in financing Hitler - and the Rockefeller family are the elite of the American eugenics movement.

Even Prince Philip of Britain, a member of the Bilderberg Group, is in favor of depopulation:

“If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels” (Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh, leader of the World Wildlife Fund, quoted in “Are You Ready for Our New Age Future?” Insiders Report, American Policy Center, December 1995.

Two excellent examples of existing U.S. depopulation policy are, first, the long-term impact on the civilian population from Agent Orange in Vietnam, where the Rockefellers built oil refineries and aluminum plants during the Vietnam War. The second is the permanent contamination of the Middle East and Central Asia with depleted uranium, which, unfortunately, will destroy the genetic future of the populations living in those regions and will also have a global effect already reflected in increases in infant mortality reported in the U.S., Europe, and the UK.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I will make this reply short due to time differences and other commitments. What confuses me is if there is a plan to drastically reduce the world population and leave only the " top dogs " in charge of the resources, who are the actual people who will do the work ?

Back on topic re DU use, without a doubt the worst ever crime inflicted on humanity in general

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Many people have questioned that. The goal of 500 000 is mentioned frequently. The bloodlines themselves are only several thousand so I would imagine many white collared professionals would instantly find themselves untouchables in a new caste system. With DU, my concern is, the damage to our genetic genome could be substantial. Should all their plans go awry, and should there be enough humane insiders to assist the world, this won't go away until it is cleaned up!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So what is the difference between this DU and the radiation of the bombs that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
I note that both cities were rebuilt on the same site, and rather quickly.
The population seemed to recover quickly too,
Why is that?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
DU is missing one of the main isotopes, and is basically the same thing as nuclear waste. It is extremely heavy and makes ammunition penetrate more deeply because of this, but turned into metal, it has a low radiation component. They were even thinking about turning this into stoves, and cars. However, what never ends to surprise me is the incredible, criminally insane bent of all their thoughts. Cars explode. Bullets explode, bombs explode.
The incredible danger is in explosions and release of the fine nano dust particles from DU weaponry. This dust when entering the nose, crosses barriers within the blood that not only enters lungs, brain and organs, but the dna itself. The recent testing has found it far more dangerous to the human genome than the radiation component. Well that stands to reason, as I grew up on the incredible risks of nuclear waste, and the dangers implied to the planet. This is dirty bomb technology that takes over 4 billion years to dissipate, and the fine nano particles blow in the trade winds. What is being used in the middle east circles and falls on all of us. And the ludicrous part is suddenly they have whitewashed decades of concerns over finding suitable storage for our nuclear waste! Suddenly if its turned into weapons, tanks, or metals, its fine. Hardly any damage! Yet, the real research is: au contraire !!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
To be more specific, here is a description of the isotope:

www.peace.ca...

d like to talk about a little known factor in this war and that is the kind of ammunition which is being used. It's called Depleted Uranium [DU] but don't let that fool you - it doesn't mean it's harmless. Depleted Uranium is basically radioactive waste. It's the waste from uranium enrichment. When the uranium is taken out of the ground most of it is Uranium 238 but they like the fissioning of 235 which is less than 1 percent of the whole - so when they do uranium enrichment they basically try to increase the proportion of the uranium 235 that fissions and the rest of the uranium, and a lot of it, is considered waste.

And here is what was said about using it for stoves and cars, from the same post:

For a long time in 70's there was an effort to declare this waste - scrap metal and use it in our refrigerators and stoves and bicycles and automobiles and many of us were out there protesting this and we actually won and they stopped talking about that but very quietly on the side they gave this uranium free of charge to weapons manufacturers.

This actually got me worried. I really don't trust these guys in any capacity. I am now searching for any leak that they may have declared it scrap metal and could be using it in appliances, or even children's toys.
I did find this, and intend to do a lot more researching, as this was a 97 date I believe:

www.mindfully.org...

The March 25th [1997] New York Times article by Matthew Wald on Depleted Uranium (DU) is more than informational. It puts us on notice. It is an early warning that the U.S. Department of Energy plans to recycle massive quantities of radioactive waste -- 1,250,000,000 pounds of DU -- into the commercial marketplace for reuse in consumer goods.

In addition to fabricating its DU into shielding blocks for use at remaining nuclear weapons sites, as Wald reports, the DOE hopes to be able to dump its surplus DU onto the open market to be smelted, refabricated, and then reused in a wide array of consumer products. "Slightly radioactive" buildings materials, cars, furniture, cooking utensils and other items, as well as bullets and tanks, will be produced and sold, with no warning labels.

They better not have done this in stealth.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The New York Times article greatly negates the effects and dangers of DU weaponry and even the metal, in comparison to many other studies that paint a much more frightening picture and which is why the UN has delcared it a weapon of mass destruction. Kind of a case of the wolves policing themselves. But this article is dated 2004, so I'm wondering if we are going to need to by geiger counters to scan our toys, appliances and automobiles now.

www.nytimes.com...
The first page of this thread gives links to many studies done, some pdf downloads, that deal with the real dangers.
Edit to add: imagine a future with toys, and appliances being built with our nuclear waste. Think of how great it will be to recycle all that scrap metal!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
One thing I'll never get are folks who want to legislate war. This is really dumb. War is a horror to mankind and a great crime, but there is very simply one purpose of it: to kill. And at the end of the day, he who kills the most wins the fastest. You can't fight a war with love and kisses and flower shooting guns. If you're going to fight, you're going to fight the most disgusting and horrid way you can. History as proven that nations who do that win. There is not alternative.

It's sad, but that's the horror of war. You can't legislate crime. You can't tell a murderer to use a bullet instead of agonizing poison. If you are going to fight, you must do the worst. It is the point of war. If you're not intending to deliver more-than needed damage, then you don't declare war. You use diplomacy instead. It's really that simple.

This is why I favor the Russian way of war. They truly are "punishing the enemy/aggressor". Romans salting North Africa? I would have done it too. Bombing German cities? Damn right.

I am no fan of "war crime" allegations. War IS a crime. So how can you legislate the morals or humanity of war?

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Oh my, look at this:

www.nuclearpolicy.info...
Depleted uranium, small sealed radioactive sources and metals contaminated through use in nuclear industries, are increasingly escaping regulatory control and, either unwittingly or deliberately, finding their way into the feed stock for the metals recycling industry. This is coinciding with an increasing amount of feed stock being imported into the EU from Russia and the states of the former Soviet Union ...

Can We Keep Control?
Because of the above experience it is not surprising that controversy surrounds the release from regulatory controls (clearance) of lightly radioactively contaminated metals for reuse in consumer goods or for engineering or industrial purposes. Consequences are unforeseeable and it is impossible to quantifying the cumulative health detriment from all the additional small radiation doses which people could receive from lightly contaminated consumer products if these became widespread.

I should have realized that even bringing this up in passing meant it was actually happening right under our very noses. What a joke.

As to the war being fought out in the most brutal way possible as a reality, it might be the way these psychotic criminals behave, but there are most definitely international laws designed to protect civilians, and in the case of DU weaponry, the entire world. These weapons contaminate regions for 4.5 billion years and slowly make them uninhabitable, which is complete genocide! More, they blow in the world trade winds! This isn't fighting a war, its destroying the planet, and all life on it!
And now its being slowly deregulated and creeping into our scrap metals for consumer consumption.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I hate to say it, but complete destruction until surrender is the only way to fight. Every war IS genocide. The numbers of death make no difference. War = crime & genocide.

You can't legislate something that is inheritable bad. As I said, either fight brutal or don't fight at all. It's not hard to understand war.

Also, I consider this: the Earth compensates, and it always has. More than likely the baddy chemicals will go into the earth and go away. Mutations wil continue, and this creates the illusion of continued poison. That's because mutations simply do not go away in one generation. The only way to get rid of mutation is to breed with non-mutated humans hundreds of generations until the mutations are run out. (as seen in Japan)

It's sad but true. War leaves permanent damages to life, but temporary to the environment.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
First of all, the contamination to the planet, its food chain, its water supply does not dissipate harmlessly. Unless cleaned up, it will multiply and continue to be deposited for over 4 billion years, the problem growing larger with passing time. As far as the right to employ it, it is classified as a weapon of mass destruction and is illegal by the UN, and Bush, along with certain UK and Canadian politicians should be taken to international court and tried. In addition, this crime is being perpetrated against our own soldiers. I don't know if that is classified as treason, but it is a crime of the highest order. This video examines this issue with vets, and in the testing done to them, the results were positive to DU contamination:
Edit to add: the video is an ABC news report.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This violates the law of conservation of mass. How can it increase in radioactivity if it's already breaking down?

And yes, it does dissipate. Mutated creatures die, their matter breaks down into other forms, bacteria eat it, they die, and then they sink into the ground. Over time water and other forces sink it into the ground.

In terms of many eons, it will eventually find itself into magma, superheat and break down further, and then come back up in some future eruption as a poisonus gas. but that gas is poisons to begin with... so... hmm.

Also, the UN is a joke. It took them decades to help an obvious genocide in the Sudan.

All they are is a bunch of old ladies and gentlemen bickering about things they can't do.

We need a new UN.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The nano dust, which is so fine as to be invisible, continues to blow around the world. The danger is in breathing this stuff as it penetrates into our dna.

members.shaw.ca...

Since the the radioactive nano-sized particles of uranium behave like a gas, they are easily carried with the air currents over long distances. The larger particles, of course, get eventually rained out or settle locally onto the ground where they become a part of the environment in which people live and work. They also get into the water, and become a part of the food that people eat. We really don't know for how long the minuscule particles remain suspended and in the air and the environment before they become washed out into the oceans.

The small particles that remain suspended in the air become a part of the air and are inhaled with the air (typically a minimum of 50,000 particles a day). Once inside a person the minuscule particles, in some cases, become absorbed into the cells of the human body or become trapped otherwise, where they do their damage. ...

In fact, the trapped particles can cause enormous damage. They act like miniature cannons that fire off high energy particles at a rate of 12,000 shots per second that can wreck the DNA chains by blasting links out of them or damage links, etc, or they can cause chemical changes in cells, or injure the human cells in many other ways. Scientist and radiation expert Dr. Rosalie Bertell testified, “DU is a very powerful alpha particle emitter, with each particle carrying a force of about 4.2 MeV (million electron volts). It requires only 6 to 10 eV (electron volts) to break the DNA or other large molecules in the body.” ...

Half of the particles, by volume, are so fine that they are smaller in size than the wavelength of light, and more than 30% are said to be substantially smaller than that (smaller than 0.18 microns - see table of particle sizes). They are so small that they disperse in the air like a gas. Being smaller than the wavelength of light, the vaporized DU-gas particles literally vanish from sight. Nevertheless they remain radioactive with a half-life of 4.5 billion years.

Thats a shelf life of environmental impact for 4.5 billion years, even if there is some absorption. Cleanup is costly, but imperative.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
And the same radioactive rock that killed the dinosaurs is still floating around. Fact is that one radioactive particle you breath in is not going to do much. Every time we go outside we're bathed in photon radiation. Ratio matters. And as things spread out, there's less of them. Or rather, the same amount spread out to a point of not mattering.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Furthermore, I found the article stating that DU has found its way either accidentally or deliberately into the world scrap metals. Now I'm not niave enough to not understand what is happening here. As soon as I first read that it was being considered for consumer products, I should have immediately clued into the reality that it was being put into consumer products. I am going to buy a geiger counter and ensure that nothing I own has this kind of additive.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

We have alot of poison. In fact, that screen you're staring at right now is poisoning you. Those gizmos of computer parts are radiating you.

The human body has evolved to counter such things. We can heal to some extent. But that fact is that genetic break down is part of life. It's why you grow older. YOu don't have the same dna at birth as when you die.

As a matter of fact, right now every time your cells split, they're creating mutations.

I live knowing I'm going to die eventually, so why bother protecting yourself against every danger?

And yes, the major danger's should be protected, but small tiny things are of no use.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The M1 Main battle tank uses DU in its armor plating as well as DU in their Sabot rounds. The biggest use of DU was in the Warthog. They used 30mm DU shells and dumped about 100 tons of them on Iraq in the first Gulf war.

They used many more tons than that in the current engagement. They used them on Kosovo and Afghanistan as well. We are not talking about a few pounds of poison on one spot we are talking about 100's of tons of poison covering areas the size of about Texas when they are all added together.

DU is the heaviest material you can put in a round so it delivers a lot of kinetic energy to the target. With a tungsten penetrator and mild steel jacket it will enter into a tank punching a hole through several inches of rolled homogeneous steel armor. Reactive armor like on T-82s works well to defeat it but the older T-62s and T-72s it cuts right through unless they have a reactive armor upgrade package installed. When the round enters into the vehicle it sprays burning DU all over the inside instantly killing the occupants.

There are other rounds that are just as effective but the cost per round is far higher than that of a DU round. These experimental rounds use a kind of metal glass called Liquid Metal that delivers more kinetic energy than DU even, and has the same kill effect spraying molten metal glass inside the vehicle upon impact and penetration of the armor. 30mm DU rounds cost about $5 each while these new Liquid Metal rounds are in the area of $24 each. There are no toxic heavy metals in the Liquid Metal but the cost is the major factor in the DOD decision on their deployment. They are a good bit lighter than the DU rounds so the loaded weight of the delivery system is lower meaning that their fuel would last longer and with the price of fuel it might not be a bad trade off now days but hey I do not get to make that decision.

If it were up to me US war planners would switch to the experimental Liquid Metal round and save some gas to make up the difference in the cost. I would also start cleaning up the DU everywhere I could before the insurgents figure out how to turn them around on us as I indicated in my last post.

If just that potential use for DU in a dirty bomb is not enough reason for the US to clean up this mess perhaps war planners should consider the fact that DU can with certain technology be stimulated to alpha decay to U-237 and then it will spontaneously decay all the way down to U235 fissile material within a few weeks so in a way the US just delivered into their enemies hands the raw material needed for a bunch of potential WMDs. Talk about the chickens coming home to roost with that potential outcome. Karma is a bitch. The situation will get a lot worse if the US does nothing. Of course their answer would likely be for contractors to pay Iraqi kids a quarter each for them or some such cynical thing.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

The war's basically won at this point. The bombs are at an all time low. The iraqi military is doing alot of the work now, and the police are doing a decent job.

We're done.

Also, the DU is dust, so it just blows all over the place eventually spreading away into a ratio with the environment that it can't do any harm anymore.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Its the DU dust blowing in the wind that is harming everyone, and Scientists around the world, do not concur with that downplaying of a situation that will only get worse if it isn't cleaned up, because it actually builds in the body. The UN isn't listening to the shoddy mocked up studies done by US. Page one of this thread shows the studies that US was aware of since the 40s, and the true dangers and damage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join