It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Guantanamo video released

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Heh... it's funny because WhatTheory just had a thread of his completely removed because he/she violated the T&C's of ATS in such an egregious manner.

And he/she wants to somehow be an authority on rules? Such as the Geneva Convention? The Constitution? etc?

Hah! Once WhatTheory knows how to follow the ATS rules him/her-self then *maybe* he/she can give a lecture on what rules apply where.

Until then, I'd put WhatTheory on ignore if I were you.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
And he/she wants to somehow be an authority on rules? Such as the Geneva Convention? The Constitution? etc?

So? I've had people here with absolutely zero experience in the Geneva Convention and LOAC try to tell me how it works.

Why, because he got into a pissing match with another poster? I do that on a daily basis here, it seems.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Please Stay On Topic

Obviously this is an issue that can get people quite riled up, so let's avoid the name-calling and confine our comments to the subject at hand.

On ATS it is okay to express your opinions about controversial topics. However, it is not okay to give others grief for doing the same.

Please, be cool.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
They're human are'nt they? I believe they deserve basic human rights.

Then please tell me exactly what basic human rights are the terrorists in Gitmo not receiving? Let's see....they get 3 meals a day, playtime, religious time, sleeptime and probably better healthcare then some U.S. citizens. So please enlighten me on what basic human rights these losers are not receiving.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Heh... it's funny because WhatTheory just had a thread of his completely removed because he/she violated the T&C's of ATS in such an egregious manner.

I did? Where? I think you are confusing me with yourself. Please go look on page 1 and see how your post was censored. Boy, you have got room to talk. Even IF I did, so what? Again, I must say, hello kettle!

What are you babbling about? I never said I was some sort of authority on anything. You just cannot handle my points of view and you want to silence me because I disagree with your elitist position.

However, I can read and comprehend what I am reading so I do know what the Constitution says. It's an easy read and it's meant for the average person to be able to comprehend because it is NOT written in legal jargon. So please, take your faux outrage elsewhere. You don't have to have a legal degree to understand exactly what the Constitution says. Try reading it in full and come to your own conclusions instead of having 'others' tell you what they think is says.

Hah! Once WhatTheory knows how to follow the ATS rules him/her-self then *maybe* he/she can give a lecture on what rules apply where.

Go look on page 1 and then come back here and spew your ludicrous accussations.

Instead of telling others what to do and worrying what I say, why don't you stick to the topic at hand instead of criticizing me. I noticed you did not say anything in this post which has to do with the topic at hand.

I think you have blown a gasket because I have your ridiculous comment in my signature.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
this is laughable, there's not a doubt in my mind that this little punk would open a can of fatwa on every single one of you and your families given the opportunity.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quarantine
this is laughable, there's not a doubt in my mind that this little punk would open a can of fatwa on every single one of you and your families given the opportunity.

well...if he didn't want to before he probably does now

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Yep, Deny everything and Make counter accusations.

Thats the tactic isn't it?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yep, Deny everything and Make counter accusations.

Thats the tactic isn't it?

Typical liberal, again you don't talk about the post at hand.

Deflection is your middle name.

Are you denying your post was not censored on page 1?

Ok, I have had enough fun with you.
Debating or arguing with you is like shooting fish in a barrel. You in no way offer me any competition. Thanks for nothing!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I just wanna say Iraqi and Afghanistan = the new Northern Ireland when I served in the forces the CO used to brag about being the only forces with a live training ground

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
For all those, who think prisoners in Guantanamo are not being tortured and are just having lots of fun and are on holiday in the famous cuban bay, should see this enlightening BBC documentary. All of the volunteers who went to this Guantanamo simulation also belived, that prisoners in Gitmo are not being tortured, but at the end of the ordeal, most of them were crying like babies. And if they you still think, they are not being tortued, would you volunteer for this Not-Torture-Simulation yourself? I think not. Armchair generals are mostly brave and strong from infront of their LCD monitors.

[edit on 17/7/08 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
All of the volunteers who went to this Guantanamo simulation also belived, that prisoners in Gitmo are not being tortured, but at the end of the ordeal, most of them were crying like babies.

I'm sorry, I just had to laugh.

The words from your comment which must be highlighted are 'volunteers' and 'simulation'.
What are you trying to prove with this fake, staged, liberal interpretation of events at Gitmo?
How do the people who made these video's really know what goes on in Gitmo? Where they there? Answer: NO!
Are they getting their info from the prisoners? If so, then it's even more worthless because what do you expect prisoners to say.

Double down thumbs for obvious liberal propaganda SIMULATION which does not have a solid base in reality or fact.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I see you have a problem with BBC. Sorry to say this to you, but this news network is far from being liberal. As I noticed, the second you do not like something you see or read you label that as liberal propaganda. If you would have watched this documentary, you would notice that they actually did not test 100% of all techniques used in Gitmo, but only a sample and yet some of these volunteers were very much broken at the end of this ordeal. I would also love to see you there and watch how many days or hours you would hang in there without cracking into tiny little pieces and begin crying like a baby, as if you were a Canadian caught in Afganistan.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I see you have a problem with BBC.[

No, not really. I have a problem with this 'simulation' because it is not a accurate representation. It's all made up bull crap.

Sorry to say this to you, but this news network is far from being liberal.

Not true, but believe what you want.

As I noticed, the second you do not like something you see or read you label that as liberal propaganda.

No, I call a spade a spade and this garbage is OBVIOUS propaganda with no base in fact.

If you would have watched this documentary, you would notice that they actually did not test 100% of all techniques used in Gitmo, but only a sample and yet some of these volunteers were very much broken at the end of this ordeal.

You missed my point totally. Right over your head.

The point is that this is a total fabrication.
How do the people who made this crap actually know what is going on inside Gitmo? Answer: They don't. Hence it's all a guess and made-up garbage.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
The point is that this is a total fabrication.
How do the people who made this crap actually know what is going on inside Gitmo? Answer: They don't. Hence it's all a guess and made-up garbage.

They used the interrogation technique guidelines - sponsored by Donald Rumsfeld - and the Dungeon Keepers are also members of military police and are actual interrogators in real life. So they were pretty accurate in this simulation. But I still have a feeling you did not even watch this documentary from start to the end. In any case, of course you have your own opinion about this. I would really like to see you be there and play the little test bunny in the orange jumper suit and claim, that you are not being tortured and everything is fine and dandy.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
For everyone who posted saying this guy deserved this punishment because of the crime he is accused of, and there are far too many to quote them all, what is your personal opinion on the concept of "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY"

Even if you agree with tormenting a convicted terrorist, it is important to note that this guy has not been convicted of anything.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I have to say I do not agree with the majority of your opinions and thoughts, but you do make a good argument from start to finish. You also use words in your arguments like 'probably' and 'maybe' and then when other people use their own opinions or they state something they cant actually prove you a very quick to make that point.

Personally I think that if you become a soldier you have to expect to shot at, attacked and probably killed. Especially if you are not in your own country. If you are in a war situation then you must either kill or be killed.

Granted saying that statement im saying that the boy should of probably been shot. But holding someone without charge or evidence is wrong.

Really 'enjoying' the debate, some very good points on either side.

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallMeMaury
what is your personal opinion on the concept of "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY"

You do realize this is a right granted to U.S. citizens by the U.S. Constitution and is NOT a right granted by all other countries right?
Also, this does not apply to people caught on the battlefield.
You are confusing multiple issues which has nothing to do with one another.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Clearly, we do our own rights a disservice and more speedily ensure their dissolution by not affording them to our enemies.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

And if they you still think, they are not being tortued, would you volunteer for this Not-Torture-Simulation yourself? I think not. Armchair generals are mostly brave and strong from infront of their LCD monitors.

I will gladly volunteer for this sissy crap! I went through SERE school back in 1999 and the conditions I was put through in a 21 day "training course" would make these goofballs seem spoiled. So no armchair general here slick...so the ONLY person sitting behind their LCD acting as if they KNOW what the truth is and have some kind of experiance...is YOU!

Since most of you have ZERO experiance from the other side of the coin (i.e. having actually been in the military, in war time, and knowing the value of interrogation to gather intel) it makes me wonder how your all experts on how to gather information, and what is, should be, and isn't the proper way of obtaining information????

EDIT TO ADD: WHAT is correct...people somehow think the US CONSTITUTION is the WORLD CONSTITUTION!!! It is for US CITIZENS only!! Written by US citizens, for US Citizens, fought for by US CITIZENS and upheld (until recently) by US CITIZENS....of course now that some of you want to allow NON US CITIZENS to be covered by OUR rights and OUR laws....what good is it anymore...

[edit on 7/17/2008 by rcwj75]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join