It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Guantanamo video released

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalSonicX

It's all sourced in this thread from my opening post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But here's the lot of them if you want to go through and read them.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Each of these is a page in the article.

www.rollingstone.com...

www.rollingstone.com...

www.thestar.com...

www.cbc.ca...

Thats some of them.

The rest are in the thread linked. Sorry 'bout highjacking the thread budski.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

No apologies necessary - the material you've provided is great

Now if only more people would read ALL the info, we could have a more reasonable discussion

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Kid throws grenades in a war zone and people have sympathy on ATS.
How is this even revealing or newsworthy? He is lucky to be alive and not blasted on the battlefield, dieing in his own feces and slowly eaten away by maggots and worms.
Just another newspiece to plaster the antiwar erection arousing word "Guantanimo".

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

Funny...you can rake the above member over the coals and call him names, yet a kid makes a decision to FLY TO A WAR ZONE...Parents allow said kid to fly to a WAR ZONE to fight in a WAR...said kid knowingly and ON PURPOSE kills people....now little baby is in a cell crying...and u think there is an excuse to free him, or feel bad for him?? What logic..

No, I made a completely off topic post about my opinion of WhatTheory's history. The Mods removed it, as it should have been. I however cannot edit your quote of me. I stand by what I said, not as a defense of this 15 year old, but as a critique on WhatTheory.

I apologize to all for making a completely off topic post.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by budski
It may have escaped your notice, but our troops are subject to he geneva convention and other international treaties prohobiting the use of torture.

The geneva convention does not apply to terrorists or anyone who has not signed the geneva conventions. Why is this so hard to understand?

Because the spirit of the Geneva Conventions was to PROTECT our selves from our enemies.

Your inability to grasp this concept is EXACTLY why the Geneva Conventions were even agreed upon.

The Japanese performed torture to the exact same degree as we have performed it and we used that to justify dropping a bomb on a couple large populated cities.

So now the shoe is on the other foot. Are we somehow expecting our enemies to react differently to our torturing than we did to the Japanese? Will THEY use it to justify the use of nuclear weapons on large populations just as WE did when we dropped nuclear bombs on the Japanese?

I don't believe you understand the ramifications of a nations actions.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
How is this even revealing or newsworthy? He is lucky to be alive and not blasted on the battlefield, dieing in his own feces and slowly eaten away by maggots and worms.
Just another newspiece to plaster the antiwar erection arousing word "Guantanimo".

GOSH you guys are sooooooooooo ignorant, that is a so with 11 o's, count it I'm not lying

Any ways don't forget that he has not been trialed at all. The point made by another ATS member which states that, blaming an enocent person for child molestation just because he is seen around children still stands. Once he is given a fair trial than you all can blaber about him being a terrorist or what ever.

Fire breathing terrorists lol

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

OK, some will argue that if he's old enough to throw a grenade, then he's old enough to come in for a little rough treatment - but let's not forget that this is a 15 year old kid at the time of his arrest, and that if ALL video's were released, this would seem like a walk in the park in comparison to some of the treatment meted out.

Laughably, despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary, some US officials in this report still insist that all prisoners are treated humanely.

I guess it depends on the persons definition of humane really...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Ive been hassled worse than that by local cops. If thats what you consider torture, theres soemthing wrong with you.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm sure most of you think that being deprived of sleep, food, and water is not torture. Guess what? It is a form of interrogation, torture and should not be allowed for every prisoner.

US private contractors massacred innocent civilians and I do not see you guys locking them up in this type of jail, heck they did not even get a slap on the wrist. This is what fuels the anger of every single Iraqi, Afghani and anyone from the Middle East.

You let your crooks get a way with anything they do, yet take extreme measures for someone from the other side. It is wrong and it will catch up.

He should not be released. I agree that he made a huge mistake, however they shouldn't be treating him as an adult because kids are influenced more easily then adults.

If you want allow your state to torture kids than that means you would not take it to heart if your kid is jailed and treated the same way. Imagine if he was an American child, would you stand by and let these guards treat him/her the same way? I do not think so.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Oh please, cry me a river.

This little punk should 'man-up' and stop his crying. If you can't do the time then don't do the crime. Now that he is crying, I am supposed to feel sorry for him and forget how he killed in A-stan by throwing a grenade? Pfft...he deserves whatever he gets!

Hmm...I guess the Canadian 15 year old boy was just on vacation in A-stan seeing the sights during wartime right? BTW, where were his parents? How could they let a 15 year old go to A-stan by himself? What sort of parenting is this? Anyway, he was probably one of these brainwashed liberals who thinks America is evil and wanted to teach them a lesson. So he flew over to A-stan to make a point and now that he has been caught throwing a grenade and killing people, I'm supposed to feel sorry for him? Don't think so!!

I agree with WT! You liberal terrorist lovers are the real problem! We think this problem should be wiped of the face of the earth once and for all. But you pinks won't allow us to press the bottom already

Just think about no more terror, just a cuple hundred bulldosers and a few thowsand troops to work and problem solved! The big amount that the middle east can be rebuilt for people who deserve to live their!
What Theory / Bush 08

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
SO that was torture? WOW...he kills people with a grenade, a PAINFUL death for some I'm sure...families torn apart because this punk killed their fathers, mothers, sisters or brothers...and we think THIS (crying at a table with a guy barely raising his voice and offering food) is torture. HAHA...

At 15 he killed people....so what...he's to get a free pass because liberals and people who never went through anything violent or tramatic find crying so horrible? I understand the fact that he is young..but young people in this era are NOT as young as they were 20 years ago. Teens have kids, murder, rob, rape, fight, etc these days....the cartoon age and riding the bike are over...

All I can say is if THIS video is to be used to show the torture and horrible conditions people say detainees go through...hahah...guess who is getting the last laugh...

Once again this is a true patriot

You liberals care for these animals? This kid came here, helped Osama and blow up things! What don't you understand - Its you liberals that are the problem - all we have to dew is drop twenty nukes on the middle east, ten in afganestanz, twenty in North koreea and the world will be safe! We will have hundreds left for threat protection. Hopefully Mccane stops being such a liberal and puts all options on the table!

BOO WOO
I'm a LIBERAL TERRORIST LOVER

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Good points

What makes you think these people shold be alive???
They waste spase and are all evil.I think we should see how they like maggots and worms cause thats all they deserve!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by winged patriot

Good points

What makes you think these people shold be alive???
They waste spase and are all evil.I think we should see how they like maggots and worms cause thats all they deserve!

Two can play at this game Parrot!

I am starting to think you are a bad joke

Do you and the others really think nuking the entire middle east will solve the worlds problems?

If you are not a joke then I am seriously worried for your family and co workers!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It sure is nice to see that everyone has so many judgements to make and do very little research into the incident before drawing conclussions.

Where was this kid's parents? I don't know about mom, maybe she was back in Canada, but Dad was in Afghanastan with his son and fled. The main parts of his defense were that he had no real choice and his father forced him to participate. Does anyone think it is a coincidence that this child was the ONLY one taken in alive after the firefight?

Arrested at 15, he is now 21. He has had no trial, and very little legal representation. Is that Justice? Is that right? Truth is...child molesters get better treatment in the US than this kid got.

From what I saw the video itself doesn't show him being tortured... so for those who said, "He is crying and someone is talking to him in a low voice and offering him food, and you call that torture?" No I do not call that torture, but the marks left on this kid were from being tortured after he first came to Gitmo. Am I the only person who sees a problem with Torturing a 15 or 16 year old kid? I don't care if he threw a gernade into my living room and killed members of my own family. He doesnt deserve to be tortured. What he deserves is a fair trial and adequate punishment if convicted.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I really do wish some members would read all the thread, and especially the excellent material provided by GAOTU789, which gives a very good insight into the facts of the case.

I bear no grudge towards the usual crop of flag waving, tub thumping "patriots" who want to see all supposed enemies of the US tortured and abused - but by the same token, I'd appreciate opinions more if they had a basis in fact rather than emotion.

I've said it before in this thread - what is happening at gitmo and prisons in iraq as well as other rendition centres, is MAKING terrorists rather than getting rid of them, as a majority of those captured and tortured are later released because they are totally innocent.
Of course if a person has been abused and tortured they are going to want revenge - that's only human nature - and that's how we are creating more terrorists.

Of course it may equally be said that more "terrorists" suits the administrations agenda, and that they can bring in ever more restrictive laws supposedly to target terror activities but which are increasingly used to target their own citizens - there's a thread which shows the extent to which innocent people are targetted here

This is something that is not going to go away - governments are using the "threat" of terror attacks to take away more and more civil liberties.

Just think, one day it could be one of us being videoed in gitmo or somewhere similar, without trial, without proper legal representation and without due process - that's what the reality is, so before banging the bush drum too hard, please have a think about it, and please try and read all the evidence presented in this thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Budski.I'm really glad you posted this as I saw the footage on Channel Four news last night and I was utterly appauled and outraged.What kind of barbarians treat a child like this and that's what he is a child.He has'nt been seen by his parents for six years.That means he was picked up when he was ten.Testimony from a British detainee stated he was emaciated when he entered Gitmo.He's been waterboarded and all the usual horrors.Completely disgusting and heartbreaking-he's sixteen for god's sake.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by candyfloss

Read the article more carefully. He was arrested at 15 and he is now 21 yers old. he was not arretsed at the age of 10. He is no longer a cild..he is now a man. At the time of his arrest however is a different story altogether.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hey reds... I have tried to relate to you on may occasions, I have tried to understand what it is you understand that I do not. I now suspect that you will condone anything if it is your party line.

For gods sake you have a fellow ( Republican???) here who thinks nuclear annihilation would be a good way to stop terrorism? What in the hell is Rush feeding your
minds? Have you guys gone absolutely bloodthirsty?

I've made an attempt time and time again but, your whole philosophy has gone terribly wrong!

I think your bad will and sadistic brand of patriotism will be a deciding factor and deliver an OBAMA presidency.

I am very tired of it, you call me unpatriotic, terrorist lover and "LIBERAL like you". You effectively refuse to discuss anything by pissing people off with you sociopathy. America is sick from it!!!

I am going to make it my mission to get my 30 or so family members to VOTE YOU OUT
!!!
AZ, NC and PENN are going to get more "BARRY O" votes. My family is a loyal one
and I will email them all with some of your crazy comments. I will call and pester each one until I succeed!

If your political ideology grows any more I fear for world security! Now you actually sound like nazi's speaking english very seriously. Make fun of me all you want -- I will have the last laugh.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by candyfloss

Read the article more carefully. He was arrested at 15 and he is now 21 yers old. he was not arretsed at the age of 10. He is no longer a cild..he is now a man. At the time of his arrest however is a different story altogether.

He's stll there?That's even worse.What difference does it make if he 's a man now (and probably suffering major PTSD)He was still a child when he was tortured.Here's where I got my info as broadcast last nightwww.channel4.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
To the hang em and flog em brigade on this thread-watch the video (previous post) and imagine that's your sixteen year old son.Warning the video contains distressing images,do not watch if your upset by cruety to children

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
They should just have killed him. If he threw the grenade and killed one of our soldiers than why are we wasting immense sums of money on this little terrorist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join