It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Guantanamo video released

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

First Guantanamo video released

news.bbc.co.uk

A videotape of a detainee being questioned at the US prison camp in Guantanamo Bay has been released for the first time.

It shows 16-year-old Omar Khadr being asked by Canadian officials in 2003 about events leading up to his capture by US forces, Canadian media have said.

The Canadian citizen is accused of throwing a grenade that killed a US soldier in Afghanistan in 2002.

He is seen in a distressed state and complaining about the medical care.

The footage was made public by Mr Khadr's lawyers following a Supreme Court ruling in May that the Canadian authorities had to hand over key evidence against him to allow a full defence of the charges he is facing.

One of those lawyers, Dennis Edney, told the BBC his client was seen in a distressed state because he had been "abused" by his American guards.

"He was deprived of sleep by being removed from his cell and to another cell every three hours on a 24-hour basis for three weeks solid, followed by three weeks of deep solitary confinement," Mr Edney told the BBC.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
OK, some will argue that if he's old enough to throw a grenade, then he's old enough to come in for a little rough treatment - but let's not forget that this is a 15 year old kid at the time of his arrest, and that if ALL video's were released, this would seem like a walk in the park in comparison to some of the treatment meted out.

Laughably, despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary, some US officials in this report still insist that all prisoners are treated humanely.

I guess it depends on the persons definition of humane really...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Oh please, cry me a river.

This little punk should 'man-up' and stop his crying. If you can't do the time then don't do the crime. Now that he is crying, I am supposed to feel sorry for him and forget how he killed in A-stan by throwing a grenade? Pfft...he deserves whatever he gets!

Hmm...I guess the Canadian 15 year old boy was just on vacation in A-stan seeing the sights during wartime right? BTW, where were his parents? How could they let a 15 year old go to A-stan by himself? What sort of parenting is this? Anyway, he was probably one of these brainwashed liberals who thinks America is evil and wanted to teach them a lesson. So he flew over to A-stan to make a point and now that he has been caught throwing a grenade and killing people, I'm supposed to feel sorry for him? Don't think so!!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Personally it makes me sick treating at CHILD like this, I doubt he was aware of his actions. He should of been put to trial in a Canadian Court and not held and treated like a ****ing animal.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
SO that was torture? WOW...he kills people with a grenade, a PAINFUL death for some I'm sure...families torn apart because this punk killed their fathers, mothers, sisters or brothers...and we think THIS (crying at a table with a guy barely raising his voice and offering food) is torture. HAHA...

At 15 he killed people....so what...he's to get a free pass because liberals and people who never went through anything violent or tramatic find crying so horrible? I understand the fact that he is young..but young people in this era are NOT as young as they were 20 years ago. Teens have kids, murder, rob, rape, fight, etc these days....the cartoon age and riding the bike are over...

All I can say is if THIS video is to be used to show the torture and horrible conditions people say detainees go through...hahah...guess who is getting the last laugh...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Intrepretation : "Blame Blame Blame Because I'm Perfect!"

WhatTheory has got to be *the* biggest victim blamer ever.

If you look at his/her posts throughout ATS, you will find that never has WhatTheory ever shown the first bit of empathy for anyone regardless of the circumstances.

Do you know what that means? Yep, WhatTheory exhibits sociopathic tendencies. Not saying he/she *is* sociopathic, just that the tendencies are there.

For whatever reason, WhatTheory just doesn't respond well to hearts which are suffering.

Funny...you can rake the above member over the coals and call him names, yet a kid makes a decision to FLY TO A WAR ZONE...Parents allow said kid to fly to a WAR ZONE to fight in a WAR...said kid knowingly and ON PURPOSE kills people....now little baby is in a cell crying...and u think there is an excuse to free him, or feel bad for him?? What logic..

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Intrepretation : "Blame Blame Blame Because I'm Perfect!"

WhatTheory has got to be *the* biggest victim blamer ever.

If you look at his/her posts throughout ATS, you will find that never has WhatTheory ever shown the first bit of empathy for anyone regardless of the circumstances.

Do you know what that means? Yep, WhatTheory exhibits sociopathic tendencies. Not saying he/she *is* sociopathic, just that the tendencies are there.

For whatever reason, WhatTheory just doesn't respond well to hearts which are suffering.

Please stop, you are making my sides hurt.

How on Earth do you get 'I'm perfect' from my post?

How am I a victim blamer when the kid threw a grenade.
Are you saying this punk kid who killed people by throwing a grenade is the victim? Is this what you are saying?

Why should I show empathy for this loser?
Sorry, but you are the one who appears to be living on the planet utopia, in the country of utopian and in the city of utopatropolis.
You need a reality check and you also need to get your head of the sand because you are really embarrassing yourself.

You say I have sociopathic tendacies yet you believe this punk who killed people by tossing a grenade is a victim. Hello kettle!

Are you a comedian?

BTW, I am going to add your socipoathic comment to my signature because it's just so darn funny.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do yourself a favour and read it. All your ignorant questions are answered.

By the way, since I have my doubts about you taking the time to actually peruse the thread I linked, I'll offer just a quick bit of info, just for you.

There is alot of evidence that says that someone else threw the grenade, not Khadr.

There is also much evidence that one of the SF on site killed the person that threw the grenade but that wasn't enough.

Oh and the infamous SGT. C, you know, the one that was convicted of killing a POW at Bagram, was his chief interrogator. Not much chance he beat up and tortured a kid though. :shk:

At least try to know something about what your talking about before you make accusations.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Do yourself a favour and read it. All your ignorant questions are answered.

Well with that attitude I am not going to read it. I'm sure it just more dribble. You call my questions ignorant yet you have to link to a different thread to supposedly answer them. We are talking about this current article in this current thread so take your faux outrage elsewhere please.

There is alot of evidence that says that someone else threw the grenade, not Khadr.

Yeah, I'm sure there is.

This is why he will get a trial. What's the problem?

At least try to know something about what your talking about before you make accusations.

Umm.....I am not the one making accusations. I am going by the article in this thread. Am I supposed to do extensive research and googling on every thread on ATS before I reply?
The punk kid deserves what he gets.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Answer me one...JUST ONE...question. WHY WAS HE IN AFGHANISTAN to fight in the war AGAINST American troops??????? Yeah he's so innocent...

And a rolling stones article..that magazine has as much useful stuff in it as my used toilet paper.

And torture...ha...name one thing that has been done to him thats torture? Just one?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Quazga's attacking of someones point of view is the act of a coward afraid of debate.
.this 15 yr old is a prisoner of war , he attacked and killed a us soldier while part of the tailban in Afghanistan...he's lucky he's not dead..

[edit on 15-7-2008 by fatdad]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Personally it makes me sick treating at CHILD like this,

"do you want a hamburger or something?" says the 'interrogater'

Yeah .. that's mistreating a murderer alright!

That's what he did. He murdered with a grenade.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

How about you people that think this kid is already guilty, without a trial, tell me why it has taken 6 YEARS to give him a trial?

Come on this is the almight america where truth and justice is suppose to be top priority.

This kid was found in the rubble of a bombed out building. He was NOT see throwing the grenade.

So what is the justification for holding the people in the Cuban prison for YEARS without even charges being brought?

Has the all powerful usa become so scared that the lock up people for just suspicions now?
The usa's greed and fear is what is bringing their own country down.
I'm sitting back and loving every minute of the usa's FALL.
Jobs being lost, homes being lost. I love it!!

You lock up teenagers without charges and without a trial.
Your own millitary is guilty of torture, rape and brutal murders.

How can the usa say they are better than any terrorist country when you are now doing the EXACT SAME THING AS THE TERRORIST COUNTRIES!?!?!?!?!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

First, thanks for the extra info.

Second, all these people jumping on the hardline bushwagon aren't nearly so quick to condemn when it comes to the actions of coalition troops, and the slaughter of innocents, the indiscriminate bombing, the use of DU in civilian area's, and the abuse and torture of many innocent civilians in what are basically torture camps.

When they are prepared to "fess up" to the war crimes committed by troops, who are GROWN MEN ACTING UNDER ORDERS, then I'll be a little more ageeable about the crimes committed by these child combatants.

Sadly those who wear khaki blinkers will always see troops as whiter than white who can do no wrong, and all others as simply the "enemy", no matter what their justification or how they have been moulded by others.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This kid has never had a trial or even a military tribunal trial convicting him of anything. He was accused. Yet in the mind of some of you he is guilty.

By your logic, I can convict you of pedophilia and child molestation because you have been around children. I wouldn't be surprised if my accusations are true. You disgust me!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
hmmmm then why not release the "LEAKED" "SECRET" video of the kid denying his actions and NOT throwing the grenade???? Oh I know why..because he did..instead we release him crying, being offered food, not saying anything but "noone likes me" and this video has somehow proven torture, and abuse, etc....call me what you want but your no better...just coming from the other end...thats the only difference!

Release the ENTIRE video....from start to finish...or would that dampen the US haters when the poor innocent kid tells them his killed a few people...

as to the member asking about US troops...umm if i recall, all but 5 of the troops captured over there have been executed in some form or fashion...and other beheaded for the world to see...this kid hasnt had a lawyer, got yelled at and fed hamburgers...so whats your problem again!

[edit on 7/15/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
the child claims torture because he was forced to move from cell to cell for a couple of weeks frequently and because he was put in solitary confinement? please.

those actions sound like security measures to me, not some sort of torture just for fun. it would be torture if they stripped him naked and beat him, amongst other things. he's not being treated like a prince, so what? the charges here are very serious and he should be treated as though he is potentially dangerous and/or part of a dangerous organization.

that being said, he is still innocent until proven guilty and he still deserves a fair and speedy trial (the speedy part might be ignored by authorities which I think is wrong). this doesn't mean that he gets to be treated like royalty until the trial. it also does not mean he should be treated like dirt. and from what I can see I don't see anyone treating him like dirt. he was being treated very fairly in the video, even offered a hamburger to eat! so until we see some video footage of him being tortured, I don't believe him.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
By your logic, I can convict you of pedophilia and child molestation because you have been around children. I wouldn't be surprised if my accusations are true. You disgust me!!!

Oh yeah, that's the same thing as capturing someone on the battlefield throwing a grenade and killing U.S. troops and allied forces during a time of war.
Pathetic analogy.

BTW, calling another poster a pediophile because he disagrees with your opinion is not very nice and only further degrades the point you were trying to make. And yes, you did call him that because you said your accussations are probably true.
Double thumbs down for calling another poster a pediophile instead of trying to debate the issue.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

It may have escaped your notice, but our troops are subject to he geneva convention and other international treaties prohobiting the use of torture.

There have been many cases of people being tortured at abu ghraib and gitmo who were later released, because they were innocent.

It's pretty typical that instead of trying to address the issue in a civil manner, all you have so far done is be very rude.

I'll say this AGAIN for your benefit - I don't hate the US. I DO dislike shrub and the massive damage he has done to the US image amongst the international community.

Here's some info - please take the time to read it, and then you might understand why people are so against these wars of economic imperialism, and why US policy has only succeeded in making more "terrorists":

www.globalpolicy.org...

www.globalpolicy.org...

I don't really expect this to be read - but no-one can say I didn't try.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join