It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florence woman accused of killing unborn child

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
FLORENCE - A local woman has been arrested and accused of killing her unborn child, authorities said today.

Florence police said 30-year-old Jennifer Darlene Johnson, of 1796 Lauderdale 7, Florence, was charged with manslaughter this morning.

Florence police investigator Capt. Ron Tyler said Johnson, who was seven months into her pregnancy, was taken to Helen Keller Hospital in Sheffield on Friday night where her baby was delivered. Tyler said the baby was deceased.

He said medical personnel at Keller Hospital determined that the umbilical chord had previously been severed while still inside Johnson’s uterus.

“Investigators believe the evidence demonstrates that the death of the infant is directly related to the intentional severing of the umbilical chord,” Tyler said.

Police say the act of severing the umbilical cord occurred at a friend’s house at Cherry Hill Homes in Florence.

He said the case was discussed with the district attorney’s office and a decision was made to charge Johnson with manslaughter.

Johnson is being held in the Lauderdale County Detention Center on bail totaling $50,000.
www.timesdaily.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well this opens up a can of worms doesn't it?

My biggest question is..HOW could she sever the umbilical cord herself even with the help of a friend or whatever while the baby was still inside her?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Severing the umbilical cord while the baby is still inside....Yeah! that would be real tricky. Wow!
hmm stretching the opening of the Uterus,
inserting scissors or knife ...,
finding cord,
cutting it and not damaging anything else along the way or in the process.
With precision like that she or her friend should be a brain sugeon.

She is being charged with manslaughter, but had she gone to an abortion clinic it would have been OK.

Personally I do not understand what business it is of the government or anyone else anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm guessing perhaps that it was the attempt at severing the cord that put her into labor prematurely?
Very stupid.
She could have lost her own life as well, and hopefully the "friend" is also being charged.
I can't stop shaking my head at this.

new topics

top topics

join