It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New AP story on Stephenville radar data!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
"Radar shows large, fast, unexplained object"

By ANGELA K. BROWN
Associated Press Writer

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) An enormous aircraft without transponders traveling up to 2,100 mph at one time zooming toward President Bush's Crawford ranch is similar to the mysterious object dozens reported seeing, according to radar documents examined by a group that studies unidentified flying objects.

This shows ample evidence of UFO activity,'' said Kenneth Cherry, Texas director of the Mutual UFO Network, which has been studying phenomenon earlier this year in Stephenville and Dublin, about 75 miles southwest of Fort Worth. "They were turning at angles not possible by military aircraft.'' His organization, called MUFON, requested documents from the Federal Aviation Administration, nearby military bases and other agencies under the Freedom of Information Act.

FAA spokesman Roland Herwig said Monday that he had not seen the radar information provided to MUFON and could not comment on it or the group's interpretation of the data. MUFON requested reports from the night of Jan. 8, when several dozen people in Texas dairy country including a pilot, county constable, business owners and former air traffic controller reported seeing a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some folks reported seeing military jets chasing it, which also was confirmed in the FAA radar documents.

Source

Mod Note: Please use source and Ex Tags.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

This is the kind of topics we need to start seeing more of in these sections...hard evidence to back up any claim is always beneficial to ANY serious Ufology case...is there a link to the information you put up? Thanks for posting actual serious ufo activity backed up w/ ACTUAL
evidence not fabrications or fantisies

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal

I called the AP this morning and had them email the story to me. They said to read the story on the AP site I needed to be a member. Don't really understand, but I'm thankful that they emailed me the story...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I am new to the site and just started to catch up on all the Stephenville sightings. All I can say is wow. There is soooo much to go through!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I hope it's alright if I ask you a question on this statement,

IT is my understanding that the AP newswires are subscribed and paid for giving news outlets the right to publish the articles, yet you said you emailed the AP to get a copy of the story, if you couldn't access AP to read this article, how would you know to email the AP to get the article?

I think the stephenville story is very intriguing so thanks for providing the story. I was just taken aback by your explanation.

Maybe you could clarify for my inquisitive mind

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheDrama

Because I read the article here www.chron.com...

Then I figured I would call the AP to ask if they would email me a copy which they did.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Very good post. I would be interested to find out how similar this craft was in relation to the one described by onlookers at the Phoenix lights. I keep coming back to this ship decribed as Huge and I wonder where the hell do you park something that big? Mile wide, it makes you wonder why we haven't seen any good pics of this thing. Did you guys finally get some rain?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If your serious about this Ufology hunt (and you seem to be, what with all your out gassing about top level meetings with whom you only remember one name and your no longer advertised internet radio show in your signature or links to your "blog") then paying up a small fee for access to the AP news wire should be a drop in the bucket for you, think? Much cheaper than gas to drive to a base in order to not write down and forget a bunch of names that you took a piece of a crashed flying saucer too? Dunno, maybe I'm calling it as I see it a little to clearly for some.

But concerning this AP story, unfortunately I do not see this investigation going anywhere, and time will prove me correct. The photographic evidence is on the flimsy side, especially considering this was such a "repeatable" sighting and investigated by plenty of folks. If something was there to discuss other than a news story for a slow news day, then it would have been in my opinion. This story is nothing more than people reaching for something that is not there, once you add up the evidence and eye witness "accounts" in my opinion.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If certain facts about life and the universe have been known for quite sometime.......(I'm talking pre Christianity) and you start to add up the mysteries that exist in today's day and age, it makes me wonder, this may be a repeat occurance. Think about it, the idea of UFO's is not a new one. It is only because of the media's initial "hollywood" spin on it that people dismissed them as rediculous without investigating all of the facts and information about them. Believe me we are dealing with something that has enormous religious and spiritual importance regardless of what religion is in question. If this is in fact true and disclosure is at hand, it does not matter which religion people are from. We are all human and thats the important thing, and it is time that we as a society start to look at things that happened in the past and see if there is any tie in to things happening now. If this whole thing is a big cover-up then it would be one of the biggest stories in human history. Now why would governments want to hide that fact from society?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Alright I've about had enough!

It's people like you who are the reason I have almost left ATS for good several times in the past few days. I think some of you are heartless and borderline evil.

The reason I have taken the advertisement for Need 2 Know Radio out of my signature is because "for now" the show is not going to air. The person Dick and I were working with has backed out for personal reasons and Dick had what might be a "mini stroke" on Sunday and is in the hospital. So don't send that b*ll sh*t my way bud.

I don't remember anyone's name except for Dr. Steven Butler from the meeting because I didn't write down their names (which I should have done perhaps looking back), and I shook each one of their hands as they quickly told me their names. You try remembering 10 names after talking for an hour in a meeting with Lockheed engineers and driving for 4 hours.

Once again I don't owe anyone on this site anything. So if you feel the need to come at me...do it in a more respectful manner from now on.

admin edit: enough with the "or I am out of here" tantrums already... Leave or stay, it's up to you but we don't allow (or care about) threats to "leave ATS" it's just childish.
[edit on 15-7-2008 by ufo reality]

[edit on 7-15-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You try remembering 10 names after talking for an hour and driving for 4 hours.

Uh, not that hard. I do it 3-4 times a week. After driving...flying...getting taxis....no big deal really. I would especially make note of them if I was doing something as substantial as looking into the Ufology subject on such an official level as you have done. All it takes is a notebook and crayon if you want to boil it down to the BASICS. Sorry if I am flabbergasted at the fact that you should know how the UFO community works, how fact oriented the specifics need to be,. and went through all the trouble of setting something up you were unable to handle, making the whole thing a mute point. Not my fault there...ah...er..bud is it?

As far as your friend having a stroke, for what its worth you have my deepest sympathy (as does he). I have a father who had a stroke and had to live the rest of his life twisted and slightly immobile, and I myself have also been dead....twice. So I understand health woes and know full well the stress that they put an individual though along with their friends and family. I can't stress enough how bad I for for him and you, and understand that anything I type here is a drop in the bucket as far as reality goes.

And you should not leave ATS because of someone like me. Someone like me should compel you to keep on your toes, cross your t's and dot your i's. Idiots like me make people like yourself better at what they do. I hope you realize that.

I am too blunt for my own good at times, and the coldness of internet posting takes out any voice inflection and body language that would be picked up over a beer or three...making for the slightest of critical judgment to seem harsher than it would sound if spoken over a beer or three. But, I have to say I honestly give people too much credit around here, and assumed everyone understood that. Maybe ya'll need to get out more, and take that experience into account while reading posts on the internet.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
As far as your friend having a stroke, for what its worth you have my deepest sympathy (as does he). I have a father who had a stroke and had to live the rest of his life twisted and slightly immobile, and I myself have also been dead....twice. So I understand health woes and know full well the stress that they put an individual though along with their friends and family. I can't stress enough how bad I for for him and you, and understand that anything I type here is a drop in the bucket as far as reality goes.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
reply to post by skept!cal

I called the AP this morning and had them email the story to me. They said to read the story on the AP site I needed to be a member. Don't really understand, but I'm thankful that they emailed me the story...

So you are not a member and they emailed it to you because...?

Copy of email...?

We don't really need the email, but something from you, ONE thing from you to substantiate your claims. You never provide anything and just get mad and take your ball and go home and ignore the questions.

We are really trying to help you. it's the fact that almost every thread you start is basically just silly now.

Ok, you say that you've been in contact with Rickey S. for some time. Obviously you are paying attention as to what is going on in Texas. It's also obvious that you are watching the news articles from websites in Texas as well.

Just because you are doing that, it doesn't make it anymore dramatic saying you called the AP. What good is that information to anyone but yourself if you don't post said email for anyone to see.

Quite frankly, I for one am quite exhausted of your claims with nothing, and I mean NOTHING to confirm to anyone else but yourself.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

this is nuts. Its heading for the leader's residence & the gov't remains mum about the whole deal.

Something is definitely happening behind the scenes here and the gov't doesn't want the public in on it. There's no denying it.

This is a huge break. We should force gov't to spill the beans now. Fine keep whatever technology secret for now, just let the world know what's really going on.

What the heck is really going on here?! We need to know. We have the right to know.

new topics

top topics

join