It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ga. governor says guns should be OK in airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Ga. governor says guns should be OK in airport

www.msnbc.msn.com

ATLANTA - Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue said Monday that guns should be allowed in public areas of the nation's busiest airport.

And he suggested his own wife might want to pack a firearm for long walks between the parking lot and the terminal at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International.

"If my wife wanted to carry a gun, if she was going from the parking lot, walking from one of those far parking lots to pick up a grandchild or something like that, I think that's a good idea, yes,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well I bet the Department of Homeland Security are gonna just love this. Most of these conceal carry laws across the US forbid guns on public transportation and public places that serve alcohol.

Well Georgia just changed that and I'm sure this new law will go all the way up to the supreme court, the same court that seems to be pro gun.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm as pro 2nd amendment as anyone, but this is one case where I can't agree. There's too much potential for mischief, but not only that, airports usually have a sizeable security staff, anyway. I can understand his point about carrying once you get into the parking lot, but I don't like the idea of carrying in the airport terminal itself at all. Of course, those two can't really be separated, either.

I'd have to vote no on this one.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If you have a conceal carry permit, then you should be able to carry in the parking lot. Hell, have you ever been to Atlanta? You should be allowed to carry in every inch of that criminal city.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The law is the law, if it applies to the Airport, then they must comply.

Their only other option is to have the legislation modified. In that respect they are looking for a court battle and thats what they will get.

new topics

top topics

join