It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War in Iraq is over.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

You really screwed up the stability of oil supply, and hence your economy that Bush was relying on to pay for his (Daddy's) war. I want to see a poll of Republicans in 10 years time, was he good, or a disgrace? The thing is, nepotistically, he has handed his family billions, like some banana state third world dictator. And he did support the family.....

hahaha...poor daddy...he offloaded a real dumb sucker to do his grave digging. daddy is now too old to screw with his loot, *snip*

(removed unneeded vulgarity)

"1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive ..."
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
An aircraft carrier has been re-deployed to support Afghanistan, a second carrier has standing orders to redeploy to the south pacific (pending updated orders which have not been issued).

The war in Iraq is over.

I would like to remind people, that after we defeated Germany in WW2, we faced an inusrgency for 6 years afterwards. It was finally put down, for the most part, in 1951.

The War in Iraq is over. Plans for drawing down are being put in place (which the next president will take credit for). 40,000 troops will be redeployed to Afghanistan, with another 110,000 heading home.

The Navy will continue to remind Iran of consequences.

The war in Iraq is over, it is an American Victory.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by crisko]

America FTW!And her victory comes at a time when she was abandoned by most of her allies except a few.One of them being Israel.Canada deserves shame for not supporting the war as well but what do you expect when theres a LIBERAL govt at the helm?Not to worry though as Canada is rebuilding her armed forces to face the new threat of rogue nations with dreams of world dominance!
Now we need a troop surge for Afganistan and send the Taliban straight to hell where they belong along with Al-quaida,Hamas,Islamic Jihad and Hizbollah.
The West stands united against nuclear armed terrorism!

John Mccain 08!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I laughed at the last sentence. An American victory. What did we win? Stability in Iraq? High gas prices? Don't you get something if you win? What did we win?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by befoiled

befoiled,

So Iraq can be blamed for the subprime loan crisis?

You can provide sources, I can provide sources. Niether of of us will be presuaded.

We managed two wars, for 7 years, on a real time economy with a full voluntary force.

Rome would be proud.

I know that the reply is shallow in terms of content, but it is indeed true.

Look at the headlines, IRAQ is over.

We lost 3,000+ Souls on 9/11 and 5,000 in this war (I will concede it was misguided). Think about that man!! Vietnam was shorter and had 10x the losses.

Afghanistan will be put down, newly indoctrined F22's are enroute from Guam (I watched them take off) and the Navy is reorganizing.

Two days after I made this post, CNN broke the news that we were drawing down but some would go to Afghanistan. The troops will finally get what they need and we will prevail.

Lost more than we gained? Someone needs to open up google earth and look at the bigger picture sometime. Like it or not, we are at war for resources, its them or us.

The Navy is busting out the WW2 uniforms for a very good reason. The war is far from over

It's just begun, and it extends beyond the War on Terror.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by crisko]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I laughed at the last sentence. An American victory. What did we win? Stability in Iraq? High gas prices? Don't you get something if you win? What did we win?

The gas prices were rising before we attacked Iraq, and they would be higher now. How do you think things would be with a Saddam controlled Iraq AND a defiant Iran?

Tell me?

YOU think YOUR gas prices are high? The average cost in Europe is $8 a gallon. Really, open your eyes and realise how easy you have it.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by crisko]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by crisko

We don't have it easy. We also have a collapsing economy and we don't care about gas prices in Europe. Also in Europe you don't use gasoline as much because you don't need to drive in a car as often as we do to get around in the highway system. We have a lot more roads here so we need more gas or some kind of alternative energy source.

May I mention that gas prices before the Iraq war were like around $.99? They've shot up a considerable great deal since the start of the Iraq war. We don't have it easy with gas prices rising every day. Not to mention we don't have great job security here either.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I just looked in an article in the paper today and saw that Bush is planning troop withdrawal. That makes me a little happier. I guess that for it to be a victory we would have to pull out. I doubt that the Iraq war will become another Vietnam.

I still don't consider the war in Iraq a complete victory. It's because Bush should have told us the real reason why he wanted to go to war with Iraq. I don't think it was because of oil or because of 9-11. I think that there was some other national security issue that was the reason for us going to war with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join