It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The important stuff about myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This is my second post, the first is over in the Shadow People thread in the Mythical Beasts forum, which is what broke the water so to speak and got me posting. Now for the boring rundown.

I am a believer in the deity of Christ. I am also at least as jaded and/or cynical as a good 3/4 of people here. In short terms, if you force your misconceptions and generalizations upon me based on my 'faith', I will roll over you and back up again.

I am a writer (lyrics, poetry, music, semi-professional) and aside from everything that goes with that I like to practice photography. I'm in Florida (is there anyone else here?) so there is a lot of opportunity for that.

I am highly interested in music, art, writing, theology, quantum physics, crypto, angles of the physical and metaphysical, pain and pleasure, philosophy, truth and answers, deep thought, insanity and genius, and so on and so forth.

I am obsessed with music and it is my main interest and/or hobby in a certain context. A small portion of what I am heavily into: Queensrÿche, Labyrinth, Rage, Running Wild, Grave Digger, Darkseed, Freedom Call, Pagan's Mind, Magma, Praying Mantis, Enigma, King Crimson, Camel, Dark, Sirenia, Royal Hunt, Spiral Architect, Cynic, WatchTower, Believer, The Chasm, Herbie Hancock, Stormwitch, Miles Davis, Lengsel, Yes, John Coltrane, KMFDM, Fates Warning, Extol, 16 Horsepower, Keldian, Nile, a lot of things, but mainly, as can be seen, every subgenre of metal, progressive rock, and fusion, that's my main bag.

I am heavy into film, but I thought the music list was more important so I will save movies for another time.

Moon Knight is my favorite comic 'hero'.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Orion Crystal Ice

Welcome aboard. I hope you don't have to do too much rolling over people and back again.

I honestly don't even recognize many of the bands you listed. Silent Lucidity by Queensryche is one of my favorite all time songs. Amazing how much more sense it makes after actually lucid dreaming. KMFDM is pretty good as well.

Anyways, welcome.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, I can;t help but point out the irony that a christian is listening to a band called Pagan's Mind
No worries about the beliefs, its health for humans to believe in something, weather it be science or god(s). Hope to see you posting about

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Welcome.

I'm fairly new as well.

I also enjoy music. My fave band though I'd have to say the Canadian band Rush. hehe I didn't like them when first introduced, but after I got to know the music, it really stuck.

I can also play/read music. Played classical flute for 12 years, tried a bit of piano and now into looking for a nice classical guitar. Anyone have one sitting around they aren't playing? hehe Have played around with hubby's Gibson acoustic but prefer the classical nylon string sound for some reason.

I also believe there was a Jesus character, but the stories are greatly altered, and now most if it is speculation.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, it indeed is a great place, if you have any questions or concerns there are a few people that you can talk to.

The forum moderators are quite friendly people, they are here to make sure you enjoy your time on this site. If you have any questions make sure to shoot off a U2U to any one of them for an answer. Also members like myself or enjoies05 are also very helpful and will be glad to try and answer any questions you may have.

the ATS Handbook can answer a lot of your questions about the site, it's quite informative and helpful if you have questions regarding your Avatar, Signature, or purchasing perks in the ATS Store.

Points are a valuable commodity around ATS and some members want to know how to gain points quickly. There are several ways to do this. One is to podcast, Podcasting if you don't already know is kind of like making your own little radio show about some subject that you’re interested in. Also contributing to TinWiki is a great way to make some points in a big hurry. Also by joining up with Twitter, you can get a lot of points right of the bat. In BTS one can also find fun games and contests that are happening now and also get you those points.

One should also familiarize themselves with the Terms And Conditions Of Use for proper ATS etiquette and site rules, this helps everyone avoid problems.

Again welcome to ATS and I hope you have a great time around the site

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Welcome

I like your avatar.

new topics

top topics

join