It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange noise at night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
hi all
anybody else experience a kind off very low hum at night time,

usually after about 10 mins of me going to bed, it starts, not sure if this is the right forum, feel free to move it mods if you like.

and when i move around my bedroom it seems to cut in and out, almost as if it were targeting me, its really anoying, stops me from getting to sleep,

any ideas anyone

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I have in certain places ive slept it seems to be near high voltage power lines.
I once had a beeeeeppp in my right ear only, of the tone like a b flat.
I went to an ear doctor he said its just sinus pressures and it will go away.
And low and behold 5 days later no more beep.
Now when I stick my fingers in my ears I can hear an extremely high pitched beep but its very very faint.
Once when camping once the critters shutup at night I remember dead silence no beep no ring just nothing.So I think alot of hums and beeps are to do with rf communications and electricity.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm with the previous poster; there's a good chance these sounds have an electrical source. And they are probably present all day, but with all the other noises and distractions of the day (i.e. tv, computer, conversations), you're just not tuned in to hear them. After being in bed for several minutes, you're able to really LISTEN. Perhaps you could drown them out if you had a fan or a noise machine running? That's what I do, although sometimes that "white noise" sets the stage for hearing disembodied voices! I guess you have to weigh the pros and cons...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
why would it dissapear when i move around then, and returen when im back in the same position

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It could be your or your neighbor's air conditioner. Or a boat. Sometimes I hear this late at night, too when everythign is quiet. I htink in my instance, it's a big boat on the river.

And as far as it fading i nand out as you move, it's probably something electrical in your room?? or close by. There are nodes in rooms where soundwaves cancel themselves out or other waves combining do it.

My room lights have a terrible high pitched noise that is audible in most areas of my room, but if I move to a certain spot and have my head a certain way, I can't hear it.

[edit on 7/15/2008 by madhatter3113]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I think its there to help. Just focus on the sound for a while and relax.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by trekker

Google Taos Hum, or Hum. There are forums for this phenomena as well.

It is estimated 1 to 10 percent of the population are affected by it. It is an anomalous sound with no known source and not an ordinary low frequency.
There are reports of the Hum in the United Kingdom since the early 1970s.

The first time I experienced it I was on the coast just before a hurricane. And I was drawn into it while sleeping. I was drawn beneath the pillow, beneath the bed, beneath the house, down deep in the earth where I could feel the waves as a vibration throughout my body.

Sometimes it is agitating making you jittery; other times it is quite comforting.

Very strange but very real phenomena.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This is actually an event I have experienced myself. And at the time it scared me. At night, at an ex girlfriends house, it started at nighttime. Sometimes it was a very deep humming going up and down like a sinus curve combined with a beep. There was NO source for the sounds and it was far from any power lines. I have never experienced that sound before, and it was bothering me every night.

It's kind of irritating since I didn't find the source of it.

Edit:

Thanks to Garyo, found this .. en.wikipedia.org...

Stared and flagged

[edit on 16-7-2008 by tep200377]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
funny you mentiond about being drawn into it, about 3 weeks ago jus as i was about to drift off to sleep, this starnge thing happened, it was like my whole body started to vibrate, then it was like i was being pulled down to the bottom of my bed and across the floor, i wasent of course, but that what it felt like, then i just came to and it seemed to be a bit later, about an hour it felt like. ill look into that link thanks
trekker

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Or it could be you have an electrical appliance in a socket somewhere nearby.
Phone chargers for example, makes a high pitch noise when the phone is not in the charger. Because they want you to take it out. Could be such a thing.

Peace and Love

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
nope nothing plugged in anywhere.
i have a batery powered alarm clock, thats it and they are no wires in any of the walls of my bedroom, and the power box is on the other side of the house, niebhers dont have airconditioning, and no power lines where i live, they are all under ground.

its still happening, it seems to have trouble starting up, sort of hesitates, then its just a constant, very low pitch hum, quite noticable, one minutes its quite then the next its there.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I've done my fare share of meditating in monestaries and meditation centers usually on silent retreats. The sound you are describing is called "The Universal Hum." You are hearing the energy and pulse of the planet.

It's nothing to be afraid of, maybe something to explore. I bet you live in a particularly quiet part of the world. The sound will come and go depending upon your state of mind and body. You will be more receptive on some days more than others.

I suggest locating a meditation center and asking to speak with the head teacher.

Peace and Love,

Dean

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hi All ..

I find this very interesting .. i know someone mentioned a neighbours AC ..
do you have AC in your room or anywhere in your house ??
I have recently had voice and sound experiences when i go to bed ..
i go to bed and sometimes i hear people talking .. like its
another room away .. the direction its coming from is an
external wall where the AC is located .. i hear music sometimes
and singing .. i can never understand what is being said but its
weird .. when i mentioned this to my girlfriend she
immediately said its the AC unit, she hears it too but its
just the fan in the AC .. i thought it was a weird explanation
but i could find no other answer so i was happy that was
what i was hearing .. we do have people living below
us in the next apartment but i've heard them before ..
this was not them, we're very secluded and on the
top floor apartment so we seldom hear people outside
but again i knew it wasn't that but it still freaks
me out.
sometimes.. i hear like a woman yelling like she's fighting with
someone or a flute and i heard like a church organ the
other night .. There must be a lot of energy in those
AC units being used and created .. don't "ghosts" or
"spirits" require lots of energy in order to manifest
or make themselves known .. ??? just a thought ..

Regards

Satellite1

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hi all,

I just want to be totally clear about something thats been happening to me for maybe 5 or 6 years (maybe more). I can't seem to find anyone else talking about the exact same thing so I'm posting for the first time now. Can I just start by saying I am perfectly sane, I hold down a good job and I generally read this site to pass the boredom at work. I've never seen a UFO or a ghost or whatever, this is all new to me. Anyway, for the last 5 or 6 years I have noticed that in intervals of a couple of months or so I get a very faint, very quiet but extremely clear set of beeps that sound like they are being generated inside my ear. Now, I want to be clear because some of the other posts I've read are ambigous or in my opinion a different thing/phenomena, however this is NOT tinittus. It is a very precise sequence of beeps (normally in sets of three every couple of seconds) that sound like the beep of a mobile phone or something like that. What really started me thinking it was weird was that I've heard them while I've been out walking late at night - but without having ANY electrical devices on or near me. The proximity is always very close as if it was just inside my ear and very faint (It has often happened when I've been away from anything electrical, including being out in the coutryside). Last night I got up to go to the toilet about 4 and while stood there (I'm a guy .hehehehe) I could hear them louder and clearer and more regularly. I'm no nutcase, I'm a rational, cynical, intelligent person but this phenomena is very strange. It's almost like the beep is either being received inside my head or it's being generated there. Sounds weird but its been bugging me for years. Does anyone else get this kind of phenomena? It is not a high pitched squeal or a low rumble. Hope this is clear enough.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Duderood]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I always heard a weird noise exactly 10 minutes after I went to bed.
Had it for a couple months and didn't bother me. Then I realized it was a lamp shutting down or making a noise after cooling down 10 minutes after I turned it off. ;p

top topics

join