It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shifted Time? Need Help Understanding.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I have had little luck in understanding a particular event that happened to me about 4 years ago, and have yet to find anyone who has had a similar experice. Hopefully some of you fellow members can point me in the right direction. I will do my best to describe it exactly as it happened:

Me and my girlfriend were living in an apartment at the time, about two hours away from where we live now. It was winter and we had taken a walk to the video store to return a movie. On our way back I noticed that there was a large ring around the moon and that I have never seen this before. I do not believe that this had anything to do with what actually happened but figured I would mention it anyways, I understand that this is a fairly common atmospheric effect.

Once we returned to the apartment, I remember dreading the fact that that there was a massive pile of dishes waiting for me so I was looking for any excuse to procrastinate, even for just 30 mins or so. I turned to my girlfriend and asked her if she wanted to just chill on the couch for a bit. She suggested that we play the Sims together instead (A video game she was into at the time) but I refused since I absolutely HATED (And still hate) that particular game.

So we just ended up laying down together on the couch and here's where things take a sudden twist:

I slowly phase into consiousness (as though waking up) to find myself standing beside my girlfriend. I'm looking over her shoulders at the computer screen and I'm watching her play the Sims. We were both participating together having fun with it. It's as though there was some timelapse or shift and we ended up doing what she suggested rather than relaxing on the couch, but I clearly remember laying on the couch with her and I definately remember not wanting to play the Sims.

Why was I suddenly (acting?) interested in the game? This part freaks me out the most. It's as though I was not in control of myself whatsoever, as though something else was directing my actions and thoughts for that short period.

I didn't even realize what had happened until a few minutes into the "shift" when I got bored and started to question why I was playing the game with her. All memories between my head resting on the couch pillow to "waking up" playing the Sims with my girlfriend were non-existent, a blank. It still makes no sense to this day.

The part that really gives me the chills (and the part that really makes me question life's "truth") is when I asked my girlfriend if she remembered our resting on the couch at all, in which she replied "yeah". She seemed unphased until I asked her how we ended up playing the Sims. Her eyes grew wide and she failed to give me an answer!

At the time she concluded that the situation was something we both "just forgot". But today she confessess that it was the weirdest thing that ever happened to her and tries not to think about it.

I have yet to find someone who has had a similar experience. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping some answers may surface on ATS.

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment on this post!

~ Equos

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That is an interesting experience, I don't think anything like that has happened to me (that I can remember anyway
)...Welcome btw!

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Rumrunner]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That is very interesting, Did you notice if there was loss time? I know you said you wanted to procrastinate, so did you happen to look at a clock before the shift?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Look up ATS member "Vanitas" and that persons thread-list. Loads of info there. Or invite Vanitas to participate in your thread.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hi and Welcome to ATS...

Hope you have fun here and find the answers you seek. I have a few questions if thats ok.

How much time did you lose?

What were the weather conditions like? i know it was winter but how was the weather?

Any problems with electrics? computers, clocks, microwaves, etc

Any sounds before / after this started?

Any strange lights?

Any other strange events happening at the same time?

Any strange dreams?

Thanks in advance, look forward to reading the answers.

Cheers,

JQ.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I appreciate the questions and I'll do my best to answer all of them.

That is very interesting, Did you notice if there was loss time? I know you said you wanted to procrastinate, so did you happen to look at a clock before the shift?

Unfortunately we didn't measure the time before or after the incident. As soon as the whole incident was over, I experienced a small panic attack because I kept failing to understand what had just happened to us. I tried to force myself to remember the details during the "blackout" but I couldn't. My girlfiend at the time just turned a switch off and tried to forget it even happened.

I was pretty scared at the time but am kind of interested over the whole thing now to be honest. All I remember is that it was dark outside and we had already eaten supper before going to drop off the movie.

Look up ATS member "Vanitas" and that persons thread-list. Loads of info there. Or invite Vanitas to participate in your thread.

Thanks, will do!

What were the weather conditions like? i know it was winter but how was the weather?

Very calm conditions outside, not a cloud in sight. I remember the moon being particularily bright, though I'm not sure if it was full or not.

Any problems with electrics? computers, clocks, microwaves, etc

Not that I remember no

Any sounds before / after this started?

Nope

Any strange lights?

No, simply the phasing in and out of consciousness.

Any other strange events happening at the same time?

I called a few nearby friends later that night to see if anything weird had happened to them but everything seemed fine from their end. Nothing unusual other than that atmospheric ring around the moon and the calm weather.

Any strange dreams?

I recall one strange dream while living there, though I think we shouldn't neccessarily try to link it to what happened, since as far as I know the incident and the dream are both independant events that happened at different times. If you have a good explanation linking the two I'm willing to hear but I still believe this was just a dream:

I was in a very small tunnel or cubby hole surrounded with square illuminated walls. I remember laying on my side since it was too low to stand or sit up high and I suddenly heard this weird noise that kept intensifying so I covered my ears (think the THX sound at the beginning of a movie but stranger and way more intense). It got so loud and my ears hurt so much that I thought I was literally going to die. I woke up and still felt the pain in my ears but it went away fairly quickly. Unfortunately I can't remember if this dream was before of after the incident but keep in mind, as I stand, I don't believe it has anything to do with what happened to us.

Another thing worth mentioning is that my girlfriend doesn't remember it as slowly phasing in and out of consciousness like I did. From her point of view it all happened in an instant, as though she was on the couch then suddenly on the computer. But she doesn't understand why she didn't realize the shift until I mentioned it.

Looking forward to more comments. So far it seems that this incident has't happened too often.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I've had a somewhat similar experience before.

It's probably more closely related to loss of time, though.

I remember hanging out in my car with my best friend at the time, and we were talking about music and guitarists like we usually did, and it was like around 9:30. Suddenly, time seamlessly skipped, and we were still talking about the same thing, but Jesse stopped me and told me to look at the clock. We had lost two hours. It was now 11:30. He freaked out a whole # ton and was having a panic attack and yelling "WTF, MAN!?!?". It didn't really affect me at the time. I just figured we'd misperceived something, but he insisted that he kept staring at the clock (he had a habit of doing that, I guess), and all of the sudden it was two hours later....he said it happened almost in an instant.

It didn't really freak me out until the memory of the incident came back to me after I suddenly became interested in UFOs and aliens and stumbled upon the "lost time" phenomenon.

What's strange is that I called my friend up, who had moved away, and asked him if he remembered it. He said he didn't.

I called him up a while later because really crazy stuff started happening to me and I thought the UFO stuff had gotten to my head, so I asked him again if he remembered the event, and at first he said no again... but I was like "Come on, man! You have to remember! You were freaked out and you wouldn't stop talking about it until I took you home!" and after a bit of pushing, he seemed to very reluctantly say "Ohhh yyyeah, I seem to sort of remember something like that happening.... but don't worry about it."

Don't WORRY about it??? Look who's talking!!!

Anyway, it remains a mystery.

I am a bit suspicious of that guy now, for a bunch of other reasons on top of this. Sometimes, you start to wonder who your friends REALLY are when they aren't around, especially when your life takes a strange turn into unknown terrirtory and you begin questioning everything, even your closest relationships. Why have they befriended you, why have they betrayed you when you've done nothing to them, why the mind games, why the attempted murder (hahaha I'm serious. My life got really weird within the past couple of years), just why in general... Why do I seem so important to ruin?

I am NOT any more important than anyone else. I often wonder if there are people purposely implanted into all of our lives in order to manipulate our thoughts and our reactions, keep us in line, keep us feeling powerless, whatever method stifles your path of achieving your heart's ambition or keeps secret truths about your life and reality hidden from you.

I'm not accusing your girlfriend of anything, but that sounds mighty suspicious. Have you questioned her at length about it? Is she very closed and withdrawn about the event?

Remember... question EVERYthing.

Peace.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

[edit on 15-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There are a few stray suggestions floating around that a form of time travel might be accomplished by assuming or taking over somebody else's consciousness in a different place and time than your own. Kind of like a demon possession, I suppose, except the time traveler is the demon. They get to experience life for a while in your body, in your spacetime. While they can't physically move anything either direction in time, they can do research, communicate, etc. They can even do things to affect the timeline.

I have a pet notion that the guy who killed Governor Huey Long was inhabited by such a time traveler when he did it.

Maybe that's what happened to you.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hi, thanks for the answers..

Just a few more questions, sorry.

Did you feel thirsty after the event? more than usual?

If you didnt see a clock before it happened can you be sure you actually lost time? please be honest, thank you.

The sound in your dream, have you heard it before either awake or whilst sleeping? (anytime in your life)

Ok, no more questions. I dont think the dream is related but it is interesting. I have some ideas about what happened but its strange that two people had the same experience.

Cheers,

JQ.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I had something similar happen to me just last night ironically.

I was at a friends house and we were watching tv until midnight. At 12:30 a.m. I get up and go out to my car and leave to go home, saying goodbye to my friend.

The next morning (this morning) I woke up sitting in the chair I was watching tv in last night, and my friend is asleep on the couch. I wake him up (it was 9 a.m. now) and he asks me what I'm doing here this early in the morning. We both remember me leaving but neither of us remember me coming back, and he said that he locked all the doors after I left.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Alexander_Supertramp]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
WOW! And I thought strange things happened to me. This is indeed strange. Something recently happened to me that involved a peanut butter sandwich I was eating. I don't know if there was time lossed and I did it and can't remember(which I doubt), or if something else did it.

I was watching TV, eating 3 sandwiches, I was on my 3rd and last one. I took a sip of some mauby I was drinking, placed the cup back on the floor beside the couch I was sitting on, took up the plate and tore piece of the bread off. I popped the piece I tore off into my mouth and then proceeded to get the last piece...but when I picked back up the plate, the piece that was left looked weird. Not only did it look weird, it was smaller than how I left it. The piece remaining looked as if some sort of small animal had been chewing on the ends all around the sandwich, which was not possible, as I had the sandwich right next to me, and no animal could do that much damage in the space of 1 second.

I found that very strange and it did bother me for quite some time. I know I didn't tear the bread that way either. The piece I tore didn't look "harmed" for lack of a better word. Not only that, but the piece remaining looked nothing like torn bread. I've been tearing and eating bread since I was a child and no way in hell does bread look like the way it looked when it's torn.

It's maybe not as big an incident, but still very strange to me.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Equos

Very interesting.

It sounds like a "classic" case of time/dimension distortion.
For more such cases see the thread "Time slips, anyone?", among others. (Just go through my posts and/or threads and you'll find almost every single ATS thread on this...
)

I wish I'd know what exactly causes them - but I have no idea (although I do have some vague thoughts).

It's a good idea to record as accurately as possible any sources of magnetic and/or electric activity, including appliances, power lines, geological features etc., and a very precise account of the weather conditions at the time (including air pressure and such). Recording a subjective assessment of one's state of mind, overall health, use of any substances (OT and other) is a given.

In any case recording such events seems like a good idea. Such reports are bound to cause a certain number of "copycat" (often hysteria-induced) accounts, but there will also be genuine gems among them.

Oh, and another thing: do not be afraid of such events. Keep your cool.
(And remember: "normality" is a very overrated commodity.
)

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Vanitas]

top topics

join