It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy a COP!!! -The "11-99" Foundation Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I don't think it wise that I am writing this thread, as I may find myself on the bad end of a dozen tickets, but I wanted to bring to the attention of ATS, this blatant corruption that exists in our state of California.

11-99 Foundation website

In my line of work, I spend a lot of time with exotic, and high-performance , vehicles. I noticed almost immediately, (two years ago) that there were some cars with a mysterious "11-99" foundation license plate frame. As these cars were often of the faster variety, I obviously asked what it was about. I was informed that the 11-99 foundation was a fund for the families of CHP officers. You got the frame for donating a high amount of money to this fund, annually.

Now seeing as I still might make that jump myself someday, I thought, hey, nice. But then I started to hear some of the stories that often accompanied these tags. Ferraris going 130 m.p.h., Porsches using the carpool lane in rush hour traffic.

The point is, having this tag frame, and the mini badge they give you, is the ticket out of a ticket.

Now I understand the nepotism from one cop to another. Or even to the military from time to time. This is because they might even have better driving skills, at least in my mind.

But some old rich guy in a Mercedes AMG? Sounds like corruption to me. And of the worst kind, bought and paid for.

What do you think ATS? Want to come to Cali and avoid freeway tickets, or D.U.I. checkpoints? DO you feel this is a fair way to prosecute the laws in this country?

-Jason

( I can Add some of the write ups from a couple of years ago, but I don't want to copy and paste other bloggers work from other sites. I googled this subject when I got home, and it is hard to find proof without doing so. Just google 11-99 foundation if you need pics. I just know what I know from my experience. Thanks)

[edit on 15-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

[edit on 15-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Has this been discussed to death or something?

I have to say, it reminds me of my grandfather always making sure that he had a "Support Sheriff so and so" on his truck. But buying one vote in the backwoods only works for tail lights.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Very Interesting, I can't believe no one commented yet.

I knew there was a way out. Maybe I should shove these facts in their face next time they pull me over.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

Why shove the facts, when for $1,800 a year, you can shove a tiny badge!

It's not surprising to me though, this thread will catch fire when people realize that all of their police have these foundations in their states. I'm sure it doesn't work for drug dealers or anything, but if going 90 m.p.h. was safe for you, then shouldn't we all get to do it?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This has been around in Cali for as long as I can remember (at least 15 years). It has just been so long that I do not even look for them and completely forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder!

So it's under 2 grand for this badge? I need to get one immediately.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by astronomine

THat was the price in 2006, the last info I can find. THey apparently aren't giving them out anymore, but thats a lie. It's actually sad in my eyes. I think you shouldn't need that kind of incentive to raise money for fallen heroes.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
how about this? does bumping this thread help?

I think I need to get out more...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Your story is not shocking at all. It's just a new way of playing an old game. For years, people have been given window decals for supporting police-related groups and charities. And if you are lucky enough to be friends with a cop or a relative of one, you can be given a PBA or FOP card (depending on what state your in) with the cop's name and information on it. If and when you are pulled over, you simply hand the card to the police officer along with the requested documentation. But, it is up to the officer whether or not to give you a break.

And I think the same goes for these license plate frames you speak of. They are not automatic "get out of jail free" passes, just as the window decals and the PBA/FOP cards aren't. Of course it would be foolish to think that they don't help in a lot of cases. But it all comes down to the cop that has you pulled over and the severity of your infraction. You can have one of these license plate frames, a window full of decals, and a stack of FOP/PBA cards, but if you committed a horrendous motor vehicle violation or catch a mean cop in a bad mood, then it won't do you any good. It is up to the discretion of the particular officer.

The good thing about window decals, at least where I live, is that they send them to you in the mail without you having to make a donation. They just hope that if you do decide to display it in your vehicle, that you will make a donation. Of course, the cop pulling you over won't know whether you actually did or not.

The ironic thing is that sometimes these "gimmicks", as I call them, can backfire on you. This is especially the case when it comes to a young pothead displaying a D.A.R.E. bumper sticker on his car! That sometimes makes you a target for cops because they think you put it there to avoid getting pulled over because you have something to hide.

Anyway, the reason this thread isn't getting a lot of responses is because, like I said, it's nothing new. It's just a new way of doing an old thing. And to be honest, I have no objection to it. If you don't want to get a ticket, then don't break the law. But if you want to get out of tickets, then make a donation and see if it actually gets you the immunity you think it does. As a person who has/had PBA/FOP cards in the past, I can say that it comes down to humility and how you act towards the ticketing officer. You really need to eat humble pie, be extremely apologetic, extremely respectful, and make it clear that you don't expect to be let off the hook because of your card or license plate holder or sticker.

In my state, the best thing to have is a gold shield in your rear window. I believe they are given to ex police officers. We also have customized police license plates that I think are given to members of the PBA. Now those are as close to a "get out of jail free" card as you can get!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
in nj ,, if you know a cop they may give you a pba card---sounds like the same deal---except no donation needed---just have to know a cop----if you do a huge screw up they take the card from you and keep it---basically revoking you r get out of jail free card

ps.. nj---state police a huge racket writing tickets---also a good job---1st year salary is like 60,000 now

also ,,,i know a state trooper ,,, he was making 100k a year---he got a promotion to be in charge of all state police "boating activities"
anything to do with NJSP boats---he got an $80,000 dollar raise----so he makes 180,000 a year----and he said he basically sits on the back of a boat all day BS-ing and drinking beer...and no real danger

is that a sweet gig or what

as i bust my -ss all day and come home covered in dirt head to toe and barely make ends meet! GEEZ!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

I'm a NJ civilian driver who has some cops as friends. I have a couple of PBA cards but I really haven't needed to use them very often. Maybe once every few years if that. My LEO buddies always told me to pull over immediately when the lights go on, keep both hands in clear sight as the officer approaches the vehicle, be courteous, respectful, polite, and honest. Always admit what you did assuming you know why you were pulled over. I must say that after almost 30 years of driving, I've probably gotten off without a ticket 85-90% of the time. Many of these incidents occurred before I had buddies on the force, but following the things I mentioned gives you your best chances. And remember, police officers are just like all the rst of us. They have good days and bad ones. When they run in to a person who is sincere, honest and respectful...it helps your chances of pulling away smiling. Most officers I've ever met have been very nice when treated nicely. There are some bad apples everywhere as well...but that's life. And of course...having a PBA or FOP card certainly never hurts. May God especially bless the 95% of officers who are truly good people and protecting and serving their communities. Anthony NJ

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've used my Eagle Scout card before when being pulled over.

I just always make sure it's behind my DL when I pull it out so he can see it.

I also work for the State Government and keep my ID visible in my car when I'm driving.

I'm pretty sure that since the DMV (dept. motor vehicles) is a State Agency, and I work for another -- It's noted in my "file" they look up that I am a State Employee.

I've gotten "off the hook" more than a few times...Honestly, I was not sure how the cop could sleep/feel good for letting someone like me "off scott free". The only conclusion is the Eagle Scout card, and somehow knowledge of my position within my State's Government.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

top topics

join