It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I didn't know where else to put this.

My question is: Does anyone know of any good books that offer and explain an alternative look to religion? Such as, alternative explanations to how or why religion began; connections between religion and astronomy; parallels between religious figures, such as the ones between Jesus Christ and Horus, the Egyptian God?

I would like to learn more about it. There are plenty of web sites on it, but frankly, I would rather take the book approach. Seems more credible. But the problem is, I do not know of any book titles, or even authors to look for in my library's catalog, and the keywords I can think of to put in are far too general or turn up no results.

I'm not interested in a religious debate. I would simply like to know if anyone has read any good books on the topic, and what the author and title was.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I am uncertain if this is what you are looking for, but these are the books that came to mind which are in my library and I have read, or am in the process of reading.

The Secret Teachings of All Ages by - Manly P. Hall

This book is the mother load. It can lead in many directions, and has certainly given much inspiration.

Gnosticism: New Light on the Ancient Tradition of Inner Knowing by - Stephen A. Hoeller

This is an introduction into something I found very interesting. It certainly expanded my worldview.

Super natural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind by - Graham Hancock

This book greatly enhanced my worldview. I do not know if you are familiar with Graham Hancock, but he is reputable.

Ur iel's Machine: Uncovering the Secrets of Stonehenge, Noah's Flood and the Dawn of Civilization by - Christopher Knight , Robert Lomas

I have barely started this boo, however I have found it very intriguing, perhaps you will as well.

Lord of Light & Shadow: The Many Faces of the God by - D.J. Conway

I read this one about 5 years, it opened my mind to new things.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thank you very much, EOD

This is a great help

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The Two Babylons

A Great book that really opened my eyes.
Osiris, mithra, krishna.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You are welcome. I like to share books, so it is my honor to do so.

top topics

join