It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conversion to DTV - Big Brother Is Watching

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
im still waiting to see the thread that claims that DTV is the antichirst.

converter boxes aren't secret spy tools. its funny how you say you dont like being watched but let me ask you this

A) do you have a cell phone?

b)do you have a social security number?

C) do you live in a house?

D) do you use credit cards or bank cards?

then they are capable of watching you or tracking you at this very moment

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The government already does completely control what you see on TV. Quite subtly, but they do. The government is not that farce we see happening in politics and on the news. The government is those people with the wealth at the top. They own it all, and they depend on stupid people to keep their wealth. Stupid is as stupid does, so they own everything under the sun to make us continue doing stupid, including television.

The reason for the switch is not that all these boxes will have cameras and microphones in there. That's way too obvious. The reason is because of the subtle effects that digital transmission has on the brain are much more effective than analog signals. Thus, people who watch TV nowadays as their main means of entertainment are now more subliminally brainwashed than ever before. I've noticed this largely because my brother, my sister, and a few of my friends and other extended family members have HDTV... and the actual quality of the picture is WORSE than standard digital or analog. HDTV's whole illusion of quality is dependent on having a very large screen and sitting across the room to watch it. It's a farce. Every HD I've seen since the beginning has been crap, and the fact that everyone is touting it as some great improvement is completely implanted in their heads. They are hypnotized by suggestion and other more subtle light and audio and electromagnetic frequencies that go along with that suggestion.

So quite simply, digital TV and HD is a cheaper and more effective way of brainwashing, plus the dumbass greedy CEOs and companies that sell the crap after it has been developed by somebody else can charge an arm and a leg for the new technology because the public has been groomed to foam at the mouth for any gadget that's baited to them for a year or two prior to its release. It's really quite easy to make somebody want something bad for them in marketng. Sure maybe it mostly only works for the lowest common denominator of society, but that margin is unsettlingly huge these days... so much so that it infects several denominators higher because of peer and societal pressure to conform.

Blah.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hey All,

With respect to the cable boxes that are soon to become the friend of so many, and their potential to send data, it should be without question that there would be a potential for this to be used to access audio and potentially video from your local residence.

Many of the "internet experts" of today forget that prior to the internet of today there was "ARPnet" ARP is a protocol that has largely been forgotten by the mainstream public, but it was no less effective for point to point data communications.

Your cell is identified by it's DSN, so again another unique identifier that allows your cell to be accessed individually by the FBI or other acronym. Given that cable tv was once touted to NOT BE ABLE TO UPLOAD DATA, as it was meant to be a one way only medium, (this was common knowledge in the 70's) It is my opinion that these cable boxes, will contain some kind of ability to send data to the PTB.

It would seem reasonable that any device that is in your home, turned on 16 hours a day, able to connect to a larger network and manipulate data that has its own unique identifier should be suspect. This reminds me of the arguments my peers and I used to have about there being a "Backdoor" in windows based computers. The argument lasted until we found it.

Thanks for reading
..Ex

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeepin4x4girl
I gaurantee that every single one of these boxes are equipped with microphones, even video cameras. I wouldn't doubt if the majority of the cable boxes already in many american homes have these secret devices attached to them.

your cell phone works SOOO much better than any tech in a converter box could......

It is technically unfeasible, and highly unlikely. WHY would anyone want to be able to watch lazy people sitting around starring at pretty lights? WHY? what could BB possibly have to gain from it?

lets say they ARE watching, now they can see my grandma watching wheel of fortune. maybe if they stare at her long enough she will magically turn into a terrorist?!? come on.

The high majority of stations are still SD!! they take their signal and encoded it into a digital stream, and your fancy little boxes can pick that up over the air and break it BACK DOWN into SD. thats all that is going on here.

Now if BB wanted to watch specific people, like say when a ex-con or someone on a "list" somewhere asks for their government coupons, it would be quite simple for them to barcode that coupon and make sure the box they buy is a two way mirror.

but even that has its fallacy, because there are no BROADCAST CAPABILITIES. If you have a box, its taking the stream your over the air antenna picks up. they can read, but they cant write, meaning they cant send out information, they can only receive. You would need to make some VERY complex mods to your outdoor antenna to make it broadcast capable, and the FCC would knock on your door for breaking a fair amount of their regulations.

The people whom BB is actually concerned about are not the people sitting around watching american idol at night. If they are some sort of revolutionary freedom fighter, i can "garuntee" that they aren't sitting around watching TV all day...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have a knowledge of electronics and circuitry and have seen a converter box disassembled. There was no mic or camera, no transmitting circuits, and no storage device. I could have missed something, but unless you have pictures of a disassembled converter box with one of the above, I'd call this pointless speculation.

and if you are concerned about information being transmitted back to your cabled provider, set up an intermediary firewall. I don't know how this would effect your service (or if it's legal, etc), but it shouldn't be hard to rig with a computer, a modem, and a coax output.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
lmao

this thread is beyond childish and displays some schizophrenic symptoms

you need to go to see a doctor

if the Government is watching us, we are done for. that would mean they have a malicious intent.

the Government, while largely corrupt and inefficient, is not going to risk one smart scientist, popping open one of these boxes, finding the camera, exposing the entire thing

and the government loses all credibility.

u r paranoid and maybe worse, you may be schizophrenic.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by garayn
Someone told me that the Digital Converter Boxes can send as well as receive information. I don't know whether or not this is true.

We don't need TV anyway.

Of course digital cable boxes send data both ways. How do you think you order a pay to view movie?

That said I doubt there is an huge plan to spy on us through our tv's. If there was then we would see a huge increase in suicide as those paid to watch would be bored out of their minds watching most Americans.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am not a scientist or paranoid. I found this site while looking up dtv conspiracy. What made me search this? Simply because of the time and money being spent pushing this isssue. We've all seen the commerical where the woman says something like, 'dtv is so much better congress passed a law' .....BTW, I think Congress has more important issues to deal with, There is a whole lotta money going into this campaign.
The air time, the celebrities, the commerical productiion cost, the government rebates. No gross amount of money would be spent if this was simply to help those few that use rabbit ears not lose their TV watching abilities.
So I decided to check and see if others have an opinion.
Thanks for your insites.
Researching the mind control theories now.
Good Day

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yes, a law? All the advertising? If its so great the marketplace would naturally "buy it". However, we the people are always treated like sheep so will remain so...unless...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm with Time Warner and my cable boxs hard drive starts up automatically and turns off automatically...even when the power is off.

I left my cell phone on the cable box 2 nights ago and it turned the cell phone off. It wasnt a battery issue because when I turned it on the next morning it fired up with a full bar on the battery meter and stayed that way the whole day.

I usually never turn the phone off unless Im planning to sleep late

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity

Of course digital cable boxes send data both ways. How do you think you order a pay to view movie?

a converter box and a cable box are two different things. cable boxes covert so you can watch subscription tv, converter boxes just pick up local over the air broadcast channels.

Yes, cable boxes are two way, but converter boxes are only one way.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

You aren't the most knowledgeable when it comes to technology. You are like the so called audiophile who insists the 1940's based thermionic tube amplifiers, and vinyl grammaphone records are better than modern solid state amplifiers and 24-bit quantization based CDs. Many audiophiles believe that true audiophile equipment is (1) based on old technology (2) is phenomenally expensive and (3) it has to be heavy, very heavy.

All you have to do is look at a modern HDTV, with a true HDTV source and compare it to a regular SD TV signal. The quality is night and day. You can see every blade of grass or strand of hair. You can't achieve this with a standard 480x640 signal all you see is low resolution. No, your grandparent's old Fleetwood console television is not better than today's HDTV sets.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I thought this was appropriate to add in here..

Watch an advertisement on a video screen in a mall, health club or grocery store and there's a slim — but growing — chance the ad is watching you too.

rest of the article

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by dunwichwitch

You aren't the most knowledgeable when it comes to technology. You are like the so called audiophile who insists the 1940's based thermionic tube amplifiers, and vinyl grammaphone records are better than modern solid state amplifiers and 24-bit quantization based CDs. Many audiophiles believe that true audiophile equipment is (1) based on old technology (2) is phenomenally expensive and (3) it has to be heavy, very heavy.

All you have to do is look at a modern HDTV, with a true HDTV source and compare it to a regular SD TV signal. The quality is night and day. You can see every blade of grass or strand of hair. You can't achieve this with a standard 480x640 signal all you see is low resolution. No, your grandparent's old Fleetwood console television is not better than today's HDTV sets.

You are like a disinfo agent doing her job to try and feign superior knowledge while dissing on others. You must not know very much about what you claim to be expert on.

Get a clue! Your opinion does not equate to fact.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't think anybody will be watching us, my concern is if they got their subliminal messaging perfected and it works better on digital television. Why would they want to help people pay for the switch-over? They don't want us to miss our programs? Or they don't want us to miss being programed?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by korath

You are all ignorant.

There is no uplink involved with converter boxes. This is possible only with satellite internet and cable television, both of which have easily decryptable streams. I could do it, I have the hardware to.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
newteevee.com...

At the Digital Living Room conference today, Gerard Kunkel, Comcast’s senior VP of user experience, told me the cable company is experimenting with different camera technologies built into devices so it can know who’s in your living room.

www.prisonplanet.com... (with video)

On January 21, former National Security Agency analyst Russell Tice appeared Keith Olbermann’s MSNBC show. Tice, who helped expose the NSA’s warrantless wiretapping in December 2005, told Olbermann government programs designed to spy on the American people are more extensive and far reaching than previously admitted. “The National Security Agency had access to all Americans’ communications — faxes, phone calls, and their computer communications,” Tice said. “It didn’t matter whether you were in Kansas, in the middle of the country, and you never made foreign communications at all. They monitored all communications.”

The first thing people will say is along the lines of "Who's going to be listening to/watching all of that?" And that's just retarded.

Monitored doesn't strictly mean someone's sitting there staring at the information as it happens. Things can be, are, and will continue to be recorded, and then if you do something that alerts them or sends up a red flag, they have all that information to search through for something to use against you.

People that say it's nothing to worry about are brainless sheep.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The Government will be able to watch us on our new HDTV's the signal will come from a satellite to the TV. if your using a box then the signal will go to the box then to your TV so they can hear and see you

top topics

<< 1   >>

join