Alexander the great's alien encounters!!!

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
In 329 B.C. Alexander tried to cross the Indus river when he was intercepted by flying, gleaming silver shields as described by his historians. These flying shields swooped down on his cavalry several times, making both his soldiers and the enemy soldiers disperse in wild retreat. Seven years later, while trying to invade the city of Tyre, another flying shield hovering over the battlefield, shot a beam of light at the fortified wall of the city, destroying a section of it, thus facillitating Alexander's conquest of the city.This event was recorded by both sides of this epic battle, making this event all the more credible. My hunch, is that Alexander was in league with these alien allies, as all great empires seem to have accounts of gods from the skies interacting with their leaders. Maybe this was not necessarily known by his generals or historians as this arrangement may have been made in secrecy. Perhaps the first event when the crafts swooped down on the armies was used to prepare the soldiers for the reality of this type of interaction on behalf of their great general, which would eventually become even more dramatic as we see in the second written account. I first heard of these accounts on the history channel's "ufo files", I believe on the episode titled "ufo's, then and now", but I could be slightly off on the tiltle of the episode. I also did a simple google search on this event and it was very easy to find.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
They (the ETs) must have thought we were some crazy folks down here. I'm sure, upon reflection, that they have watched us spiral in much the same fashion with hardly an improvement since the savage days of yonder.

I'm sure they were amused by our horses and chariots and spears

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I’m going to say it’s possible, if both sides recorded the same event it seems quite impossible to say both sides were making it up. Although if Alexander did make some sort of deal with aliens why would he keep it a secret? – You’d think he would glorify he’s contact with the ‘gods’ in his records if he really did make contact with them. If the aliens told him not to then why even record that strange event?

[edit on 14-7-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
do you have a source for both sides mentioning the "hover shields"? i'm not doubting you, i've just never heard of this before...interesting thought though

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I remember hearing this a while back. It's on one of the UFO Files on the History channel. It's very intriguing. I do hold with what Andre said though, if both sides recorded it...well Alexander conquered the city and most likely the historical perspective is from HIS side.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I haven't heard about this. I googled and the sites that come up are mostly all UFO related sites with the same copied info. Haven't found any Macedonian Historical sites mentioning it. Do you have a link OP?
Interesting though, thanks.

EDIT: apparantly some of Alexanders elite army were called "Silver Sheilds" or "Argyraspides", a Macedonian veteran crack infantry; 3,000 strong ...

[edit on 15-7-2008 by violet]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Im trying to find an image of a painting made by an artist in Alexander's entourage. Its depicted an encounter Alexander had with humanoid-like creatures that was certainly thought provoking. The creatures Alexander was greeting were naked, had no head, a face in thier chest, and long pubic hair that touched the ground. Beyond this they looked human. Sounds crazy I know. I have only seen a quick glimps of it before on television and would like to see it again.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
EDIT: apparantly some of Alexanders elite army were called "Silver Sheilds" or "Argyraspides", a Macedonian veteran crack infantry; 3,000 strong ...

[edit on 15-7-2008 by violet]

Maybe they were named after the flying discs that were seen?

I've heard of these "events" from Alexanders travels and there are others too from other historical periods and events, including the Bible.. It does depend on a bit of personal interpretation though.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I remember hearing about this, it was either on the history channel or on a video from youtube. Very interesting and if anyone can get hold of that pic of the painting of the humaniods that alexander met mentioned in the thread then that would be excellent to see.

[edited for a spelling mistake]

[edit on 15-12-2008 by justjoemusic]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Alexander the Great besieged and took Tyre in 332 B.C., years before he went into India. (Remember, the larger the number a "B.C." date is, the OLDER the date is. "B.C." dates sort of work like "negative numbers" on a number line.) If the info is wrong in the original article, it makes one wonder about the reliability of the rest of the story.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Alexander was a man who thought it was to shamefull to make a night attack... Do you really think he would ask otherworldly beings to help him?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hey just wondered if anyone has come across that painting of Alexanda the great with the humanoids yet or not? Iv searched but came up with nothing so its leading me to believe this is untrue.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by justjoemusic
Hey just wondered if anyone has come across that painting of Alexanda the great with the humanoids yet or not? Iv searched but came up with nothing so its leading me to believe this is untrue.

I beieve I know what painting the Anonymous poster refer to, actually. But if we are thinking of the same painting, it was not portraying Aliens per say, but one of the various types of "people" that was believed to inhabit certain areas in the World during the older days.

It is true though that flying discs is described several times in ancient texts, and the Romans also described something that reminded of big "ships" in the sky.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I saw a History Channel show on USO's and they said that Alexander had seen them flying in and out of some body of water ( I don't recall) and that he had spent his later years diving searching for them or Atlantis.

Interesting post, I want to see this picture.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
For old 20th century source try clipeology and italian researcher Alberto Fenoglio..and also the books of W.Raymond Drake.
I don't have an ancient source though and Alexander's primary historian, Lucius Flavius Arrianus doesn't refer to any such or similar extraordinary story.

It is probably a ufologist myth. Alexander the Great and his mechanized army were capable enough to conquer Tyre's walls and advance to Asia/India. No ufo help needed whatsoever.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by skeptical2012]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hey ! Be carefull there

My fathers name is Alexander, he's great too!
It also just so happens that i am Greek

I could go that there were encounters acting for or against Alexander the Great.
However i have studied all his life both in and after school.
I just cannot jastify that such a conspiracy could be left unharmed at all.
Its against tha nature of people in that past era.
The world then was not perfect but not as bad as today either.

So alien encounters? Propably yes.
God - Man conspiracy? Most propably not.

new topics
top topics

join