It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sound coming from computer speakers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Sorry about the double post, I left the computer for about an hour while I was typing that message and for unknown reasons it posted twice. Not to make a thread within a thread, but anyone have a clue why that happened?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Asside from the mobile phone or cb interferance theory it can also happen by fluke if there is the correct length of cable on the speakers they can sometimes pick up FM radio stations which you can hear very quietly.

In todays modern world there are litterally thousands of signals all over the place. Broadcasted tv, fm/am radio, wifi, garage door openers, gps signals, mobile phone signals, microwave relays, cell phone towers, radar from local airports. The list is endless so it really is unsurprising that you get some kind of signal comming in through your speakers.

If you wanna try and stop this head to your local radioshack (or maplin electronics not sure where OP is from) and pick up a couple of ferrite rings bang this onto your speaker cable and it should stop the interferance if thats what it is.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by sabre151]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Yea i heard two people talking on my speakers when i was surfing the web before, now i some times get cracking noises in my electronic equipment.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It's not a virus or a bad audio card. The speakers don't even need be plugged into the computer, just powered on.

They are some how picking up a signal I suppose. The shielding idea with ferrite rings makes sense.

But, it would be kind of nice to know what this signal is.

Troy

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I too experienced the same problem. At 4:00am the speakers started blasting out a loud repeating drum like beat. The PC was powered off and I unplugged the speakers from the computer and it still wouldn't stop. It was very loud, and would cycle drumming sound in the left speaker, drumming sound in the right speaker, and a single sound in the subwoofer. It continued like that until I unplugged the speakers. It happened again this past weekend while I was gone (exactly the same) and continued until I got home and unplugged them again. It just keeps repeating and keeps going...doesn't seem like just interference. Very strange. Nothing has changed on my system, setup, or arrangement...and have the exact same system for 4 years.

Twilight Zone?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

hey i had the same issue with my speakers once in a while i will have to re-adjust the antenae on the wireless router i have and then a few days later move them again but yeah that is all i had to do

i hope this helps

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Would these speakers be made in China? If so, I can almost guarantee it is a shielding issue.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have had many experiences with "noises coming from speakers and such.
It is quite commonly occurring really...

Back in the day I had a VCR that had little rotary wheels for fine tuning
and cell phones weren't digital yet. BY fine tuning I could pick up half of cell phone conversations on it.

Involving computers and speakers try putting a AM radio near your computer and then shut down your computer and see what happens...
try different stations...

My speakers start clicking and making strange sounds when my cell phone is near it. cordless phones effect them as well..

its just the effect of the electronic frequency soup that we live in....

nothing more ... don't panic it's not aliens...I hope

[edit on 12-2-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
EMF /// someone has a short band radio or CB base near your speakers...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
With so many devices going wireless on computers I wouldn't doubt if it was a WIFI modem.
On my Moms computer she has the router which has built in WIFI about a foot away from the amplified PC speakers. When it's quiet in the room you can hear a ticking sound in the speakers. Luckly moving the goofy little wifi antenna around got rid of the problem.

There are all kinds of other devices that could do it though. Cordless phones and cellphones (sometimes even when off) are usual suspects.
Most of the time it's from the computer speakers amplifier being designed cheeply. Most good amplifiers will have built in RFI filters so that won't happen.
Be lucky you don't live next to powerful AM radio stations and have the all too common problem of hearing non-stop polka music playing

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yea, I routinely hear my Wifi through my computer speakers ...
tick tick tick dot dot dot dot click click click... \

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I get Dance/Rave music coming out of mine.

Quiet, but definately there...it's like my 5.1 sound system is tuned into a radio station.

OK if I'm listening to something on the PC but I'm not and the speakers are still on I can hear it.

Wierd!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Ok, so my explanation for the sound isn't quite as cool as a conspiracy theory for it would be, but it seems to simply be my wireless router.

I move the router closer to my speakers and it's louder.

I heard it on a computer I was working on. Same effect.

Sorry, I guess I have a boring explanation. "Shrug"

That's not to say there aren't some conspiracies going on somewhere in the world, or some aliens hanging around this planet, just not in this instance.

Troy

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Cell phone, try this. set your cell phone near the speakers and call that number from another line and see if it isn't the same sound.
Lay you odds, its the phone.
I always thought it sounded like a lawn sprinkler, but a chopper works as well.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Man check this wiki page out, some pretty naughty stuff there for computer surveilance, dont mean to fuel the fire of upto no goodness but worth a read:

TEMPEST

Look under external links, you should find one which reads

# Tempest for Eliza -- a program that uses your computer monitor to send out AM radio signals. You can then hear computer generated music in your radio. You can also transmit MP3s using it.

Direct link to external:

www.erikyyy.de...

Grab a radio and see if you can tune, i picked up my next door neighbours cordless handset about 10 years ago on an alarm clock radio that i had change the frequency range on (on the pcb).

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Its badly insulated audio wires if you cam change them if there built in coil up any access wire with electrical tape to at least make it harder for it to recieve a signal. You also mentioned wireless phone move the phone to another room. Normally phones only effect speakers within 5 ft. hope that helps

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Every few days or so, I hear someone speaking on a CB Radio. I live near a fairly busy road and I think I'm picking up those who are driving by. I just now heard a complete sentence about someone having a certain kind of tire. It's a little odd, but now I've gotten used to it and think its sorta fun to hear redneck's conversations.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If your computer is turned off then it is the speakers picking up interference. Try unplugging one item at a time that is plugged in near your computer when the speakera are making the noise. I was having the same issue and found it to be my wireless router that I had set on top of my bass speaker box.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
like another said it could be some sort of malware. I dont think they do anything but make a noise. to weird you out. probably somekind of sleeper virus..(april fools virus)

But to me it sounds like a loose wire in the connection. put pressure on the plastic around the jack. and see if it makes any differance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join