It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sound coming from computer speakers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's not happening now, but here is what was occuring, what is it?

This all started when I was working on a computer and decided to try a sound card in my machine.

It is quite odd now that I think about it.

Anyway, I started hearing this noise that reminds you kind of the rhythm of a helicopter, a ticking like sound. The sound was there when the speakers weren't plugged into the audio jack of the computer. And the computer could be turned off, and the sound was still coming from the speakers even with the computer unplugged. And even when mine and the computer I was working on was turned off, the sound still was coming from the speakers.

The speakers did have to be powered on. I don't even think the volume of the sound changed much no matter how much I turned the knob on the speakers.

Funny thing is when I took the repaired computer back to the owner they had the same sound coming from their speakers, except it wasn't as loud.

I mean the sound card was completely gone from my computer and I was hearing the sound just the other day. And like I said the computer could be turned off, even unplugged and the sound still came from the speakers.

You guys ever hear this sound? What could it be?

Troy

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Didn't have a mobile phone nearby did you?

(Not a single line post)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I had this problem as a teen, actually a friend had it but I was there. The noise was coming thru the speakers even though we had a Pink Floyd album on and it sounded almost like chanting. It freaked him out. He beat a perfectly good Pink Floyd album into pieces cause he thought it was the devil. Chanting and stuff in the back ground. (I'm sure the drugs he was taking didn't help. no comment on my state of mind.)

Turned out is was some folks in the neighborhood who had CB radio's blasting.

The speakers don't have to be plugged in to pick it up. The CB radio's were being picked up and blasted through his speakers.

It was really kind of odd, after he had smashed, "The Wall." and we sat there in the silence.....only to hear "Breaker, breaker..come on back..."

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I used to have a set of speakers that would pick up a radio signal from who-knows-where. I never could figure it out.

It was the same time every night, around 2 am. It sounded like a talk radio show, except it was in a language I didn't understand. It started off with music and then I could hear a woman's voice. I never could really figure out what language it was or what she was saying. It sounded like Charlie Brown's parents in a way. hehe

But no other time did those speakers pick up anything. It would happen even when the computer was turned off. I just got used to it and didn't think it was anything but the wires picking up a signal from somewhere.

So, what you're experiencing is probably nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Two words (or four, depending on how you count): Induced EMF.

EDIT:

It was the same time every night, around 2 am. It sounded like a talk radio show, except it was in a language I didn't understand.

There could be another explanation for that. Do spies still use long range radio?

[edit on 14-7-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
you know when i read this topic it freaked me out. A similar experiance I have here and there:

I was listening to my music almost full power (which is fairly loud, i have surround sound system) when the song was changing I thought i heard someone talking. I turned off my music and turned up my speakers, I heard someone talking for a few seconds then the sound softened the more i turned up my speakers. This has happened about 15 times since the first time i heard it. My own personal theory on this one is simply that its subliminal. Someone brainwashing people through a frequency that sterio speakers pick up.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It is just a radio interference isn't it?
You needed to have the speakers' power on, from what I understand in your post, so it is something perfectly normal.

Scary would be if you heard the sound even with the speakers turned off. It possible to hear things in them but you would have to have your ears very close to the speakers to hear some faint noise. If you hear loud and clear sounds from turned off speakers, then you could worry about it.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I thought maybe it could have been something electronic nearby causing it?

It's like helicopter rhythm, in the form of ticking. We have a cell phone but it's not usually in this room. There are normal cordless phones nearby.

It hasn't come back.

The ladies daughter that I took the computer back to said they have had that sound coming from their speakers. You can't hear it well on their speakers. But it is there.

I'll just have to wait to see if it comes back. Maybe I can narrow it down to something normal.

Troy

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
You're getting a whole lot of interference from somewhere. Could be cell phone, CB, etc. any kind of transmitter really. You also might want to check the speakers' cords. If they aren't properly insulated, electronic signals can 'bleed' from other electronic sources.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I had that problem years ago to with my old speakers. But my new ones dont seem to do it. When turned on you could even hear people talking even when the computer was shut off. And when they were shut off you could here a humming noise from them that was like a copter. I finally thru them away they freaked me out when I started getting woke up at 2 am by hearing strange brrr noises coming from them. We didnt have a cell phone back then so not sure what it was picking up.

Hilda

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
5 years ago i had a weird loud humming sound from the same speakers i have now, it was about 2-3am, but the speakers were OFF, and thats a fact, i always turn my speakers off before my computer or else i get a massive power spike/pop from the speakers which worries me incase it blows my s-card...so therefore my speakers are always off before my pc, i got up to double check they were off and yep they were...however they've never done it since but then again i don't sleep downstairs very often so i wouldn't know, i live right next to a RAF base so i put it down to that.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The sound recently returned. And every time I cut it on now the sound is there. It's quite annoying. You try to watch a video, and you get the ticking sound like that of a helicopter.

The thing is, I don't know what changed to bring the sound back?

Troy

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I have had problems with that in the past. I would use a computer program like itunes, and, then I would hear this thing, and it was like it was coming from a random radio stream or something, whatever it was I found it and disabled it. I remember having those problems on my old computer. They drove me nuts. I thought I was going crazy. I was hearing noises from my headphones and stuff. I have no idea what it is.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
No, this is different. You need to read my other posts. My speakers do not need to be plugged into my computer. The computer does not need to be turned on, but the speakers need to be turned on.

So, right now it is constant every time I turn on my speakers.

The conspiracy side of me would like to say someone is listening in on me or something, or trying to watch me. Or that it is mind control, ELF, EMF, or ET signals.

Not to say that this is the case, because I don't really know right now.

What the heck is it? It's 4:09am. I guess any time I turn on the computer it is there, at least at this point in time.

Troy

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Today I began to clean my room and shut off the pc. I heard a high pitch noise and was like what the hell is that? I circled the room and went into the next and I found out that it was my speakers.

The noise was so high pitched it sounded like the noise when your ear rings.

Of course, I started thinking of conspiracy..And said "No, this times its me".

But now I see this thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
umm if you ahd no sound card then what were they plugged into?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I have the same issue and am assuming it's due to the mess of wires and cables behind my desk that lie in close proximity to my speaker cables...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
They need to be plugged into power.

They have to be powered and turned on.

That's all.

They do not need to be plugged into the sound card.

The computer doesn't need to be plugged into a socket.

I could take the computer totally out of the picture.

Anyway, the sound stopped after last night.

Conspiracy side of me, "Maybe someone knows I am catching on and stops." But perhaps there is a simple explanation. I did heard it faintly on another person's speakers.

I do remember hearing a high pitched sound coming from around the area of my computer before. At least that's where I thought it was coming from at the time. It's in an older post.

Troy

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This is likely a virus or some sort of Malware on your PC. It's also more than a little probable that you're using a faulty sound card. I'm aware of at least a handfull of viruses infecting Windows machines which cause exactly what you're talking about. I had the same problem years ago, mine turned out to be a bad card. Nothing to WORRY about, but if you don't want an endless list of pain in the a** problems, you will probably want to check this out soon.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This is likely a virus or some sort of Malware on your PC. It's also more than a little probable that you're using a faulty sound card. I'm aware of at least a handfull of viruses infecting Windows machines which cause exactly what you're talking about. I had the same problem years ago, mine turned out to be a bad card. Nothing to WORRY about, but if you don't want an endless list of pain in the a** problems, you will probably want to check this out soon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join