It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English Civil War 'ghost' captured on film by paranormal enthusiasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The Northampton Paranormal Group caught the figure on camera during a visit to the site of the Battle of Naseby, a field between the villages of Clipston and Naseby in Northamptonshire, last month.

The visit coincided with the 363rd Anniversary of the Battle of Naseby. Members said they heard clunking noises as well as sounds like cannonball fire.

When the group then looked through pictures they took during the visit, they spotted what appeared to be mysterious figure walking out of the dark carrying something in its hands.

more info on Telegraph link

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Cool.

I found a version of the photo that's a little bit larger:
www.northamptonchron.co.uk...
(edit - I tried to get it to link directly to the photo, but you still have to click on the thumbnail.)

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Pretty neat photo. But I would have really liked to have seen the original. I hate it when they doctor stuff for articles and make it short and sweet.

Is it really a ghost or perhaps some residual energy hanging out there, replaying like a record I wonder.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Looks less like a soldier, and more like some guy playing a guitar to me. But mostly it jut appears to be a random shape.
Wehter or not it's a ghost, I can't tell you. But it doesn't look much like a Civil War soldier, that I can.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

hello i took this photo and i can tell you it certainly isnt doctored, i was just very lucky to have captured this on camera.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I used to be a civil war reenactor and that armour looks just like it, with the armour panels guarding the thighs. The people who would have used these would be pikemen, swordsmen and cavalry, so to an extent, the reports of the image seem to fit well. Just to say i was not allowed into battles themselves because i was 10 at the time (just civil war life i did) so my knowlege can be put to correction, but i learned alot.

good picture!
oh yes, is this the original image? i can understand if it was at night. but it seems blured.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I would say that this is easily debunked, but what really is there to debunk, anyway? Some odd combination of shadows and light that maybe kind of looks like something if you have a good imagination? Duh.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
iv cropped and blew it up a wee bit.
interesting find, the colours are almost orb like, like a few i have seen/taken myself over the years.

top topics

join