It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Larry King ask Obama about disclosure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Normally it can be difficult to get an interviewer to ask a politician about disclosure. Barack Obama will be on Larry King tomorrow. We all know how interested Larry has been in UFO's lately. Maybe it's just for ratings, who knows, but maybe this could be a good time to try to get somebody to ask a presidential candidate about disclosure.

The email link is on Larry's page:
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Great idea. I see no reason why the public shouldn’t push for major politicians to be asked about disclosure. Especially now that some influential people are coming forward concerning disclosure. Disclosure IS a political issue. It should be on the political agenda.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hes just the candidate though he wouldn't know any of the top secrete stuff until he was sworn in.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
And we all know how far Jimmy Carter got...not very far at all !!!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Obama can't even commit to voting "yes" or "no" on most things (just choosing "present"), so I seriously doubt he'd commit to Disclosure....

Even most UFOlogists believe that after JFK, the President was taken out of the loop on the Alien issue. Reagan likely knew due to Bush, Sr., and Bush Sr. likely knew (as head of the CIA), but I'll wager even George, Sr. was bright enough not to tell Jr. Besides, we've had presidents promise disclosure before (i.e. Carter), only to later find out that wasn't going to happen...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Does anyone know what Obama's stance is on UFO's?...just curious...but as for the OP's question...i highly doubt it...as Garzok has said i believe the President is kept out of the loop

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I get the feeling that NO PRESIDENT. Not Obama, Not Clinton, not any president would ever disclose. Obama and Hillary both whipped up a southern accent in seconds to appease their southern crowds.That means they are pretty much tools to me. Dont get me started on McCain. Not gunna happen.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Does anyone know what Obama's stance is on UFO's?...

In the October debates, he was asked about his belief in life beyond Earth, his answer, "I don't presume to know. What I know is there is life here on Earth, and — and that we're not attending to life here on Earth."

www.foxnews.com...

I have little doubt that he'd take a similar line on King, and simply steer it into what we should be doing on this planet, etc., etc.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Obama much like Jimmy Carter is I believe a good man, he however doesn't have the clout to be that powerful of a president. You wanted clout in the White House you should have voted for Clinton.

Obama, if elected will owe favors to everyone his first 4 years so don't think he'll get anything done that's productive, unless your states congressperson loaned him money or called in favors for him during the campaine.

This is how our political system works, you do something for me and I'll do something for you. Obama won't be able to buck the powers that be to disclose anything.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Your chance for this kinda question was if they asked Hillary Clinton. Forget about Obama, he has his mind made up. His fight is for another cause, and the ET topic is nowhere near his agenda. Simply, Obama is no good for disclosure. He does not seem to care about the topic, and figures that there are more important topics such as equality, unity, and "coming together", whatever that means? In my opinion, America blew their chance at any presidential UFO questions, and any presidential UFO interest when they decided to vote for Obama. We are back in the sixties again with the civil rights, and black vs. white issue. The ET issue has just been pulled back from the white house main character until further notice!

Here, this is what Obama is about when talked about ETs. See video here

[edit on 15-7-2008 by The Coward]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yeah, I assumed he was out of the loop when it came to anything on UFO's. I was just hoping that he would answer a question about whether he would seek disclosure from those in the know. You guys are probably right about how he would answer it, though. It would most likely be a repeat of the last time he was asked.

I think it's too late now, anyway. I know the show is called Larry King "Live", but I think they record it earlier in the day. Or do they just do that sometimes? I'm not sure how Larry works. Oh well, I figured it was worth a try.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If and when larry asks obama about the 'big question' im guessing that obama will turn it into a mystery by saying something completely innocent

ex: "its a huge universe out there, it would be foolish to assume we are alone in the universe"

ex: "i personally have never seen a ufo and there cannot really determine if they are real or not"

in my perfect world, the response by obama would be..."yeah larry, what in the world is going on here, we have mass sightings in pheonix, stephenville, and the UK recently. So many ex military and pilots and even an astronoaut or two are coming forward with testimony! Surely,this needs to be addressed once and for all. it could benefit humanity if approached properly"

just my two cents.

Poor Larry doesnt have too many years left in him, who will be the next man/woman (taken seriously) to truely have a sit down talk show?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Political "promises" are shady at best, and this is one thing I wouldn't hold my breath for.

He could be asked, like countless others have been asked, but it really means nothing in the end.

I would like to know his personal belief on alien life though. Has that been mentioned? Has he ever seen anything?

Asking anything about any form of disclosure or what the government really knows is a lost cause.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
All questions are agreed upon prior to the interview. Considering what happened to Kucinich when asked about UFOs I highly doubt that powers that be would ever allow anybody ask such a question and ruin Obama's chances of being elected.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
People should keep pushing the disclosure issue with their political representatives.

top topics

join