It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Way To Keep From Posting Duplicate Threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
A lot of time we will see duplicate threads especially in the Breaking Alternative News Section. A way to prevent this is to use the search feature. But, there is a catch. Don't put your whole headline into the search bar. Use only one keyword. Example:

If I see an article about Congress votes to Impeach Bush and I want to post it and I search for: congress impeach Bush and don't get anything. I think it's alright to post.

But, an article is posted that says Impeachment under way for Bush. A good way is just to type Bush, because most likely it was a recent submission and it will show at the top of the search engine.

Also, check in the breaking alternative news section board and not just the recent posts as it could be buried by many posts that just came about.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Good info. Thank you

Some o' us oldetimers still use boolean logic whilst googling and searching

ch-ch-ch-changes.......

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I run into this problem often as my searches are not distinct enough. Thanks for the advice!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Im guilty as charged....
I generally go to the breaking news forum, and search the first page, as I did today.

I like your plan better

Fanx

Mungo

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
No Problem to everyone. In the beginning of my term here, I use to always submit news that was already posted. After that, I was discouraged from posting. But, now I make sure I cover all of my bases before I post. Now, I probably got one submission that was duplicate, and I caught it right after I posted it.

top topics

join