It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Reading this will be empowered!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

Ghandi had it right by preaching, "don't buy anything and the merchants will leave you alone." Applying the same principle to our system you would follow Ghandi by becoming debt free from the system and payoff all debt without taking on any new loans. Without debt the system will cease to have any power over us because debt is what gives it it's power.

So what am I advocating? The same as Jesus and Ghandi, make do with less, don't go into debt over anything at all, don't buy a house or expensive clothes IF you don't have the money. Cancel all credit cards and if you have to, file bankruptcy to escape! Even if you lose your home, even if you lose some creature comforts, even if you have to file bankruptcy because the only way out IS OUT!

I used to be upset that our founding fathers didn't give us a way out of a bad system that we find ourselves in today, but I was wrong, they did! Our guaranteed constitutional right to file bankruptcy that if exercised, can replace a faulty and failed system.

All you advocates out there for Change, start with yourself. Sneer at people that live in a life of indebtedness, encourage them get out of debt, one way or another. That debt is a plague. Keep all of your savings in Gold and Silver, keep only enough in the bank to provide a cushion to pay your bills. My cushion is $2000.00. (You may need a larger cushion)

There was a time I trusted in credit cards and debt. I trusted that they would keep me a float in times of need, but in the end I got so far in the tank I could barely breath and almost was forced into bankruptcy. Now just 6 months later I am on clearly on my way out of debt. I live in a 20,000 valued home in a poorer side of town and I have almost completely cornered the rest of my debt into one payment that I will mercilessly payoff within another year or two, this smaller payment will be what I need during times of need as it is soo low I could beg for change and have enough to pay for it!

If everyone did this, our chains would fall off and we would be free. Even if only 5-20 percent of the population would follow this we would ultimately be free without any hard work, without any revolution at all but rather a change in each of our hearts to no longer love the world and the materialism found in it. Turn instead to the Love of God and he will set you free from this Materialism and you will be FREE!

We are in the last throws of the collapse now, when the music stops playing don't be caught without the chair of debt freedom. Take hold of it with both hands by your lifestyle and financial choices and you will be free and in time WE WILL ALL BE FREE!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch the following to get you the POWER you need to overcome our invisible chains of indebtedness!! It will lead to ultimate personal Empowerment. If just a handful of the total population would say no to materialism we would overcome these debt chains all together!

Next time you get some freebies from those in power, realize they are just trying their best to keep the music playing in the financial game of musical chairs. The entire debt base recycles every 30 years and without ever increasing debt being built the system cannot and will not survive! We are nearly there, lets put the icing on the cake. Make debt free choices for your future!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I get this resonance in my body when I read posts like these man. We are on the right track. Lets keep it up and use our brains.

lets break the cycle and choose a new path.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Same here, I'm with you on this. I am low on the wage spectrum and yet I've never owned a credit card and the only debt I had was for a car and I mercilessly made principal payments on it till it was gone. This can be done and this is something everyone can strive for. It's not just that is is more financially sound, but it takes a bit out of the lock and chains that our society is in.

I don't know many who share these views, but I have met a few who are starting to see the chains of materialism, and at least breaking away from that. This gives them more time to enjoy life and enjoy their family. They are out there and we are all waking up! Slowly, but yes.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I don't necessarily like the phrase "knowledge is power."

I prefer to use "Knowledge Protects."

Well, one probably sounds synonymous with the other, but "power" seems to have the energy of control attached to it. For example, if you have power, then someone else doesn't.

I hope that makes sense.

But nonetheless, knowledge is important. What's sad is many people are too attached to being a consumer and buy buy buy. However, that's changing a bit because not everyone has a good job these days. And with prices going higher and higher for staples, people have less to spend.

But it's too late for many, who might be in credit debt up to $50k, in addition to a mortgage and bank loans on two vehicles. On top of that, health insurance in the USA.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I agree with you, brickhouse32. For myself, I have never had a credit card of any kind, I always payed cash, and until recenty that woerked fine for me. I have bough only one car on credit, from GMAC, and payed it all back on time. Guess what? I have "bad" credit.

This credit card cult has to stop. People are so addicted to those cards, and thay all live way above their means. It's all a trap, folks, a ploy to eventually make you into a slave, if you were not already. We all are, to some point or another, slaves to the economy, to the FED.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Agreed, that debt free it the way to go. However the looming threat of the collapse of the financial system will clear those debts for us, one way or the other. Not all ways resulting in our having our properties when it is over.

I wonder, will hundreds of millions be turned from their homes by corporations, for the homes to be boarded up and left empty?

Our problem right now is not debt. It is adaptation to the shock of going from global to local in our consumption in a very short span.

We are no longer equipped to survive without international distribution channels for fresh food in winter. There are no provisions for long term storage. What was a 90 day supply of food in the channel a few years ago has gone to 45 days supply.

The govt no longer keeps a reserve. No free cheese and butter. With the flooding in the midwest this spring the shock will be felt globally in just another month or two, because crops take 60 to 90 days to come in. When those crops are not there. The channel will have less to distribute, some items will become scarce. When that happens people will hoard what they can and empty the shelves in panic.

A reasonable argument could be made that now is the perfect time to take on debt, It will either be forgiven, the property taken back, or the money will deflate like a balloon and be paid back cheaply. It is a good philosophy and to be remembered. But far too late in the game.

If you have food, please remember to feed the neighborhood children! Children first, their requirements are so important. They are so needful.

My Grand Mother and Grand Father were old Italian immigrants, they lived through the depression, Grandpa was a bear of a man and delivered sides of beef to butcher shops. They say he could carry an entire side by himself. They had an income and a supply of food and never turned anyone away from their door hungry. We should all remember what makes us human, what makes us different from animals. Feed the children first.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
GREAT FEEDBACK ALL!!

Iiinvision – Power to you brother, thanks for the support.
Novise – You are indeed blessed, to have never gone very far into debt in the first place is ideal. I am just finally catching up with you!
Ceara – Knowledge is power, unfortunately those with knowledge generally can use it to their benefit. Peoples lack of understanding about debt causes them to easily fall into the trap. In the current system who has the power? The consumer or the lender? Excellent point on the insurance needs, those can be large. For me I used to be in the military and now have free health care for myself. I do have a family but I just have a catastrophic policy on them in case of big things happening. So far it has been seriously to my advantage, I am saving over $600 a month in not paying insurance for the complete insurance package that is geared to pay for most all health care expenses. In my post I feel bankruptcy, granted to us in the constitution, is our way out of this failed system, but enough people would have to exercise it and then not get enslaved again later.
Autowrench – obviously my post just confirmed your already mounting evidence about debt bondage, for you I merely preached to the choir.
– Why do you expect people to just write off our debt? Instead of thinking debt will go bye bye how about considering that we will be forced into physical slavery and the more debt you have the more slavery you will be required to serve. The power elite repossess our homes and our lands because we owe them money and with no economy to obtain money cannot pay them back. Seems to me that the next course of action would be to round up the slaves and to move in other cultures or peoples that can pay, at least for a while. I am sure China would love all the extra space of our country and they would probably be willing to pay. Or perhaps this whole system was meant simply to steal our lands, perhaps they will simply demolish structures and make most of the country a nature preserve as the central banks have plans for the rest of the world in an effort to depopulate to earth. I totally agree with after a collapse debt will be able to be repaid cheaply, BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE FUNDS. I doubt in a fallen economy would you ever be able to make very much money at all, everything would cost outrageous sums of cash while you would keep getting paid about the same or probably much less if there were jobs at all. It seems a much better option to live debt free as you agreed with, save up plenty of funds in true money, silver and gold, then after the devaluation you could be the master.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Getting a little more out of debt everyday, how about you.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Anyone still being emplowered?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Any takers, anyone anyone.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Jack be nible, Jack be quick.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by brickhouse32

I am suprised that there are not more stars and flags to this thread. You are exactly right. Less honestly IS more!! Thanks for posting your thoughts and the information!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Thanks for the support, justamomma.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread, you so perfectly summed up what I have been feeling for the last few years. I have encouraged my family and friends to pay off whatever they can, to cut back on expenses and become indebted to no one. This credit nightmare is our downfall. I cannot believe some young couples I know who are in debt to their eyeballs. They want everything and they want it now. But if they missed one paycheck it could all be gone.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
hahaha right after I posted a second ago, a Bank of America ad popped up!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

Seriously, my mother has said two or three times now that we all need to buy a 100 lb. sack of rice and one of beans. You can live on these foods if you have too. I'm going to do it. I have a fireplace in my little condo and plenty of wood. And I have already started storing water. If things get bad I can cook in the fireplace and have heat for winter. I have stocked up on candles too, whenever I see them on clearance I buy them, probably have 25 saved up. We had a depression not all that long ago, people who think it couldn't happen again are fooling themselves.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Great post

ROn Paul
Why Did Americans fail to support the Constitution and bill of rights

I can not understand how he failed to garner the popular support of Americans
what did he do?
Could an American answer this
What Did Ron Paul do that Americans would not support him?
he has a stellar voting record
he made all the right arguments
he had the plan to save America
What happened?
Star and flag
I dont do stars too much and its my first flag
So I must have really like this thread to go all hog like that hehe

[edit on 30-7-2008 by solo1]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by solo1

Someone told me that we can write in a person when voting for president. Does anyone know about this? Can we write in the name of Ron Paul even though he isn't on a ticket?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Ron Paul gave you what you need to know
as do these short videos

American can only be the land of the free if Americans make it the home of the Brave

cast off your shackles of oppression
your debts are your chains
if you dont like the fed sink it
stop the mortgages
declare bankruptcy

this is the message and the means
to be free
The revolution will not be televised

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Time to revive this old post

top topics