It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invasion, do you want the human race to end ?.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
WARNING: DO NOT READ ANYMORE OF THIS IF YOU ARE INTENDING TO WATCH THE MOVIE INVASION, BECAUSE THIS AND ANY FOLLOWING POSTS MAY SPOIL THE FILM FOR YOU.

I have just finished watching the movie Invasion, a remake of invasion of the body snatchers.

Now I expected like all these movies to have an ending with the only survivor who has not been turned into an alien, to be running for their lives and being chased, then the film ends abruptly making an unhappy ending.

But to my suprise this was nothing like that, and ends up being a happy ending, the alien virus has not won Yipee, made me feel better seeing this ending, and also better because it was not predictable for once.

Anyway let me get to the point after watching I went on the internet, and typed in the google search bar, "Invasion Happy Ending." This was to see if anybody else was pleased about how it finished, then I got a shock, people were complaining that the ending was happy, they wanted it like the original movie where the aliens take over the world.

I could not believe the comments that they would rather see an unhappy ending, Why, Why do you not want to see us saved, has the world got in that much of a state that you are dreaming for an alien invasion.

The original author of Invasion of the body snatchers apparently wrote a happy ending to this, but it was changed for the movies.

I can always remember the version with Donald Sutherland in it, the end of this one left me feeling really frustrated.

Can someone who wants the unhappy ending version please explain to my why you feel that way.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Can't help you, but appreciate the post. I've recently been frustrated by a wave of (rental) movies that resolve poorly. A semi-Western comes to mind -- No Country For Old Men, and another -- There Will Be Blood. They just........end. Everybody dies..... yay! Piss me off.

Back on topic -- I like Cloverfield for the snazzy effects and the sorta-kinda ending, but thought it could've rolled a lot more things into it. We (or at least I) had to guess at where the critter came from, what it wanted, how we killed it, are there more, what does it mean etc.

No worries on the spoiling of the movie Invasion (for me)..... no theaters here, and everything has been talked about by the time it gets here as a rental.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Maybe nowadays a movie takes that long to make they start getting fed up by the end of it, so they just rush a quick ending, because they know they have to start on a no2 version of the movie.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I like dark endings, they tend to have more "emotional punch" than the happy endings. It can be kind of sad if one has gotten attached to the characters, but it still makes for good film.

Cloverfield. UGH! I rented it thinking it was some disaster/sci-fi movie and was shocked when I realized it was about a giant lizard that destroys NYC. After 30 minutes I had to turn it off. It was terrible.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Want to see a dark ending? See Stephen King's The Mist. The ending made my mother cry and had me on the brink.

I liked the Invasion. Good film, and I usually can't stand Kidman or Craig.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Art mirrors life.

Every one I know is waiting for something to happen and it ain't good.

And NO, I don't want the human race to end, furthermore I don't know anyone who does. What we want is Peace. Perhaps that's to much to
ask given the environment of greed and corruption that seems so prevalent.

Movies with happy endings seem kind of cheesy somehow.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The Mist was a good film, but then again another sad ending, which left me feeling gut wrenched wondering how I would feel left in that posititon, this is what I dont want I want to feel happy after watching a movie, I know yes they can be cheesy, but I dont care as long as the movie has left me feeling good rather than feeling sad.

I have had a lot of bad years in my life so, have always wished for a happy ending, so I relate I suppose to this whenever I watch a movie.

Maybe people who do not mind a sad ending, have got nothing to worry about and have had a good life, so do not know the true meaning of being sad?.

Can you imagine Independance Day, if the aliens won in the end then, would have left a lot of dark clouds in the minds of the viewers I think.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Maybe people who do not mind a sad ending, have got nothing to worry about and have had a good life, so do not know the true meaning of being sad?.

Or perhaps they have also experienced life's ups and downs just as you; but have a different aesthetic.

Film is a fine art and like painting, dance or music; different people have different tastes and it has little or nothing to do with their past environment, upbringing or for that matter, their current situation.

new topics

top topics

join