It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State troopers rebuke students for singing national anthem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

State troopers rebuke students for singing national anthem

www.worldnetdaily.com

School students attending a youth leadership conference have been scolded by armed security officers in the California Capitol in Sacramento for singing the "Star-Spangled Banner" and "God Bless America" in the rotunda, according to organizers of the conference.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.crosswalk.com

[edit on 7/14/08 by rezial666]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I was shocked and amazed that this happened in our California state capitol. These young adults took time out of their summer vacation to attend a course designed to introduce young adults to the legislative process.

They were told by that “singing” was against the “Rules Committee” without a “permit”. Apparently “Free Speech” does not extend to “singing” and “singing” requires a “permit”. I am wondering where “free speech” is so defined. I am wondering still why any one person within our legislature would be so abhorred by a Patriotic Display that the need to call in armed force to disperse a group of benign young adults would be necessary.

I suspect, there is no truth but that which truth that is paid for. With that knowledge, I will these young adults to seek the permit to “sing” Saturday and suggest only two songs: Amazing Grace or Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I was shocked this is not on any news network so I sent a cable to Fox. We Report, You Decide. We will see...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
World Nut Daily?

Sorry I don't read fiction.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarkazmon

I listened to the radio broadcast live local Sac. Yes it did happen. World NUT - yeah sometimes the truth is hard to accept.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rezial666

If this really happened it's just another example of tyranny.

I would say that it's because any reference to the US constitution or anything that makes people think about their rights is now treated as illegal or potential terrorism.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarkazmon

If you still have on your screen my 2nd post, I somehow deleted it, please copy and re-post. I am new at posting info.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I suspect the song that keeps coming forth is fairly accurate: The Lion Sleeps Tonight..

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here is another interview from an Eastern source:

newsgroups.derkeiler.com...

and here:

www....#france.com/topic/3129630/1/USA/State-troopers-rebuke-students-for-singing-national-anthem.html&replies=15

Freedom and Patriotism in America appear to have been limited to "permit required". In contrast the murder of another can be relegated to 15 to life. Gamble and show remorse. I would expect one would be released in 7-10 if compliant.

In the search for Freedom, Democracy, Truth we all struggle. But to struggle as if the hunter and not be allowed the rallying words, then are we not at ends with that basic tyranny that despondently crushes us?

So I say "Tally-Ho"... But before you set your hounds loose to recover your precious prize, do remember, your gait is but that which you have allowed. Your hounds are the fore runners, they wait for you to capture the prize.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I would say "Mission Accomplished!" They got the civics lesson of a lifetime.

Your voice is not wanted in these halls! Be silent you have no voice here.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
freeedom is not a choice. Freedom is but a voice.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If they allow those kids to sing, then they will have to allow those red Indians to sing their heathen chants, the Christians praise the Lord with their Hymns, the voodoo priests to chant their incantations to bring up demons, and let those godless rock and rollers "sing" their filth. I don't even want get started on RAP. You could open the very flood gates of hell.

freedom for some should mean freedom for everybody. That cannot be allowed!!!

[edit on 14-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Situation normal in the PRC - Peoples Republic of California.

That's why my family and I escaped over the border to Nevada and freedom one hot summer night almost 3 years ago.

[edit on 7/14/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The problem was that they didn't sing it in Spanish!

Consider this: A State Government that allows speeches given by both local and international politicians in Spanish?

A State Government infiltrated by members of a terrorist organization called Mecha that calls for the end of the United States and the removal of everyone that isn't of Mexican descent from the southwestern United States?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Sorry...A post originally meant for a different thread. I really gotta stop using multiple Tabs in my browser.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

top topics

join