It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Hear My Phone Ringing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is so weird!

A lot of my old friends and family keep telling me that they've been trying to call me. But when they call, my phone doesn't even ring!!

GRRR!! :bnghd:

Has this been happening to anyone else? I must be cursed!
:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
This is so weird!

A lot of my old friends and family keep telling me that they've been trying to call me. But when they call, my phone doesn't even ring!!

GRRR!! :bnghd:

Has this been happening to anyone else? I must be cursed!
:bnghd:

Is it a mobile?

Happens with me sometimes too.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yah, it's a mobile.

Arrg, it's really upsetting missing all these phone calls!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Heh! Welcome to my world. (whooooooo! lookit all the new smileys over there --------------> So THAT'S why I was sent to the cornfield briefly -- a new upgrade)

I miss calls all the time. I used to have a good neo-punk song playing on my cell, but I couldn't hear it. Lots of hearing damage from lots of shooting and lots of driving guitar.
Now, I have this really annoying chirping ring, because i MIGHT hear it, but no....... often don't.

It's the most nefarious of conspiracies, IMO.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I wonder if mabye you accidently set it on silence or vibrate. That would certainly explain why you cant hear it ring.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Has this been happening to anyone else?

I dunno, I never talk on the phone, try calling me and we'll see if I have the same problem!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Call your phone and see if the ringer is turned on. I have accidentally set mine to vibrate, or to a very quiet ring tone a couple of times.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
it may have a button on the side that mutes the ringing for those awkward times when your ph rings and you forgot to turn it off or cant answer.

could also be like mine, and have a speaker underneath which leaves you with a decision:

do i put the phone screen up so it doesnt get scratched, but it muffles the speaker underneath
or do i point the speaker up so i can hear it, and risk scratching the screen.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

As phones get smaller, so do their speakers.

My phone is awesome. Best I ever had. But I miss 50% of my calls because I am typically in a place that attracts my attention in different directions. The vibration doesn't even get me most of the time because the phone is so small.

The mind turns similar frequencies into static. Or it combines them to be one tone. So I recommend using a SUPER high-pitched tone. Like the one that annoys you to hear in a normal at-home situation. It will certainly still annoy you at home, but I bet you miss a lot less calls.

new topics

top topics

join