It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Canyon's Tunnel to The Underworld

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here is a link that I think is interesting. There is an article from the The Phoenix Gazette of April 1909.
"Explorations in Grand Canyon," It is towards the botom of the page. The hole article talks more about the Smithsonian involvement and a coverup. The article mentions that the north side of the Grand Canyon has Egyptian names. And that, that area is off limits to hikers and park personnel, "beacuse of dangerous caves." True or not, I thought it was a good reading.

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by earthmagick12]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
heres the link, www.onelight.com...

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by earthmagick12]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well I am now quite spooked. I saw a phot of a giant skelliton of a human its head was the size of the arecheologists stood next to it. I can't remember where i saw it now maybe a brittish newspaper a few months back.

I was horrified! It was too weired.

Then it was said to be a hoax and the bones really belong to a mamouth but with computer technology it was made to look human as a hoax.

Well a great cover up excusse don't you think? I think the more i read the more truth there is. It was mentioned in the bible giants where presant on earth!

It is quite sickening what is being hidden from us

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If people are serious about a "field trip" count me in. However for those of you who have never been to the area, let me tell you it is no walk in the park. The last time I was at the Grand Canyon I hiked for 10 hours straight (well one break) and covered around seven miles (not a typo). I also drank 2 gallons of water (not quite enough). That was just a day hike.

And I have a superior ability to any non-desert native I have ever met to tolerate the desert environment.

I have to say, if there is someplace on earth that could still hold a mystery, the American Southwest is up there. It is vast mysterious, and holds an almost magnetic fascination for some of us...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I remember seeing some thread on ATS mentioning some kind of weird creatures in the caves in the grand canyon, I couldn't find it again tho
anyone remember this?

[edit on 5/31/2005 by I Am Lost In My Mind]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This the Hopi have from their 'mother' tribe the Anasazi. Read the rest about the underworld and the rise at

www.cultures.com...

These 'roads' or straight lines reminds me of the socalled 'leylines' found across europe (and america?). Because of the anasazi and hopi legends talks about the beginning of the leyline traditions the origin of these lines most likely is these tribes and then spread to others over time. Only speculation at the moment but it seems like a very good possible explanation.

loq

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
very interesting.
if a field trip does come up plese let me know.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthmagick12
heres the link, www.onelight.com...

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by earthmagick12]

I enjoyed the article, and was glad to see the author was D. H. Childress, as I admire his work. I once read a readers digest article about how the shuttle astronauts noticed ancient roadbeds in the deserts of Oman, which led to the discovery of an ancient lost city. I chuckled, since I had read about that same city years earlier in a Childress book. Thought it was worth sharing.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Here is some more interesting reading. This guy did some research on the Grand canyon and its caves. Strange stuff. I have not finished reading it yet. But it looks good.

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The view of the emergence of humans through a hole from 'elsewhere', puts me in mind of one of the theories behind the [ritually representative] purpose of Fogou found in Kernow, in England (... sorry tho - that's probably straying off topic a bit).

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If it does exist I will tie some rope around a videocamera and start recording to see whatI would pickup. I won't be cursed because I haven't gone down there!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Anyone's rich who could finance the trip?? Please!! If we find something, it will be the greatest discovery since a long time!!

And we may brought with us journalists because if the secret government is on this...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
dont you think at one point there will be a disclosure? i mean these cant be the only secrets hidden if true

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm a writer if you need one let me know, I'm still very interested in this expedition

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Resurrecting an interesting old thread, I am still very interested in this place, and also interested in what others have posted regarding the old "Pheonix Gazette" article about the "Egyptian" remains in the Grand Canyon. My response may be a bit delayed, but oh well...

If there is one "conspiracy theory" that truly has a lot of motive behind covering it up, it is our own human origins. It wasn't even until the last couple centuries that people finally would admit we came out of the African forests, as white europeans certainly don't want to be associated with Africa. We also certainly don't want to admit that the New World could have been explored by Africans or Asians long before Columbus, and that some of these people could have even settled in the Americas. There have been some interesting similarities between artifacts found in mesoamerica and Egypt, or even other African people...works of art depicting people who are very African and not what we would associate with native american. Also the idea that the Chinese could have arrived in the West many years before Columbus, and I think I read somewhere of an old Chinese ship off the coast of California that would have predated that expedition.

I forwarded the phoenix article to my anthropology professor, and have also discussed some of these things with my history professor, will let you know if they have anything to say, of course the Phoenix Gazette article could very well be a hoax, if there is no other real evidence of the supposed "find" that occured. Nevertheless, I have been planning an extended outing in the pacific northwest for quite some time, now I may have to change the location to the Grand Canyon/Colorado River and see what there is to find.

Any more thoughts?

shoktek

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Regarding the article about Egyptians in the Grand Canyon, there are some small references to similar things in John Wesley Powell's writings. Powell famously led the first expedition through the grand canyon in 1867, and wrote a book about the experiences.

"This beautiful valley has been the home of a people of a higher grade of
civilization than the present Utes. Evidences of this are quite
abundant; on our way here yesterday we discovered fragments
of pottery in many places along the trail; and, wandering about the
little farms to-day, I find the foundations of ancient houses, and
mealing-stones that were not used by nomadic people, as they are too
heavy to be transported by such tribes, and are deeply worn. The
Indians, seeing that I am interested in these matters, take pains to
show me several other places where these evidences remain, and tell me
that they know nothing about the people who formerly dwelt here. They
further tell me that up in the canyon the rocks are covered with
pictures."

"I return to camp about three o'clock and find that some of the men have
discovered ruins and many fragments of pottery; also etchings and
hieroglyphics on the rocks."

This doesn't prove anything, but it is interesting he used the word "hieroglyphics" in that one phrase, as for other parts he uses "painting" to describe art found...surely Powell knew alot about Egypt being a man of his position, and it seems that he wouldn't have used that term if he didn't make a connection to the Egyptian hieroglyphics. Just some food for thought...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I had done a decent bit of reading about the grand canyon expidition that allegedly found a man-made cavern with egyptian-type artifacts. I believe the guy the Phoenix Gazette wrote about was said to not exist by the Smithsonian. Some people had done some digging and they found an issue of a magazine the Smithsonian was putting out a couple years prior, and they talked about bringing this guy over from england or something like that (somewhere in that area, been a while now), so he apparently did exist. My question at the time was, even if there wasn't anything there, why the denial?

Supposedly the section of land where that is has been bought by the government as native american land, but no one can go near it, even the natives in the area. The cavern was said to be sealed off. From what I read it was also a no-fly zone.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I have read a few reports of backpackers going through and seeing caves that were sealed up recently...I'm pretty sure the whole grand canyon is a no-fly zone just because of all the plane accidents that have happened there. I don't think there is anything illegal about hiking through, it is just that it is very dangerous and requires a lot of experience.

I have thought about taking a trip through the entire grand canyon over the summer and just exploring, as it would be quite interesting regardless of whether or not anything "hidden" is actually there. But the river is incredibly hazardous, which would rule out rafting unless you are an expert and know the river...you could backpack along the river I would think, or perhaps mountain bike, but it would be quite far and probably difficult. The problem with the caves is that some are several hundred feet up a sheer rock face, and you would have to be a damn good climber most likely to get to a lot of the sites. Plus the documented reports of lots of strange "incidents" resulting in injury or death in the grand canyon (falling off cliffs, being hit by rocks, etc), maybe it's just a place that isn't supposed to be explored. Perhaps the spirits wouldn't harm a group that is just going along out of interest in the area, and not to collect treasures.

This is just from what I've read, but it would be interesting to check it out. If I happen to come across the sipapu on the way though, I would probably just leave that alone...don't need to mess with the tunnel to the underworld.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Shoktek]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
One explanation comes from a Hopi story about the "sipapu' - a gateway through which the souls of people come out of the underworld and eventually return to it. The legend goes that the souls of all humans were shut up in the Earth until the animals, learning of the imprisonment, began digging. First Coyote and finally a badger dug a cavelike hole deep enough to release the souls. When the Earth is done with them, the souls must return through the archlike gateway, leading to speculation that natural bridges may represent to American Indians the doorway between life and death.

The description of the archlike gateway reminds me of another thread here. Which you may have read about a mysterious place in the mountains.

John himself has been to the site on many occasions. The only time he witnessed anything strange was around 1948. A big storm had blown in, and the sky was filled with dark clouds in all directions. As he rode past the archway, he noticed the sky through its opening was blue--no clouds were visible. Dismounting, he walked cautiously toward the formation and peered through. The mountains on the other side hadn't changed, but the sky was clear. Looking around the corner of the structure, the sky was once again covered with dark clouds. Fear gripped him and he rode off.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
this is laughable
the Hopi reservation is in Arizona and at no time in their existence have they been anywhere near Colorado where the grand canyon is situated
as a result they have no myths or legends about it whatsoever
in fact the Hopi emergence story centers around their travel to their present location from South america where they claimed to have been part of the Aztec nation via the Anasazi

so unless they took a really big detour on their way to Arizona (which the God Masaw directed them specifically straight to) this whole thread doesn't hold water
very much like their present home on the Arizona reservation

sounds like someones been reading crystal links if you ask me
claims that the Hopi came from the Pleaides and are in contact with Alien grays are also erroneous

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join