It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars-style laser technology to reach battlefield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Star Wars-style laser technology to reach battlefield

www.telegraph.co.uk

Laser beam technology is being rushed into service to combat the threat of insurgent missiles and mortars raining down on British and American military bases in Iraq and Afghanistan.

After decades of delay and billions of pounds spent, it will be simple commercial lasers rather than the hugely expensive US Department of Defence technology that could be used to save hundreds of troops' lives.

In just 18 months the American defence firm Raytheon has turned a laser used in the car manufacturing industry into a weapon that can hit incoming rounds at the speed of light, melting the outer casing and detonating the explosive inside.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
decades of delay and huge costs for the eventual realisation that they can do the same jon with less..
typical..

But never mind the real costs to the people.

Never mind that money, time and effort going into other more peaceful parts of society. Never mind the deaths of others (where this technology is suggested to have been used)

Oh, and funnily enough...just in time for Iran too..and in line with a few other items of interest as posted on ATS...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is just incredible. I always wondered when we would see it, this is just the peak of the iceberg of the technology that is hidden.

You are really on top of this Extralien. There is no denying the source...

I'm gonna check out the video you posted in you're previous thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I found this to be very interesting, I hope it will work. But more to the point I found this paragraph the most intreaging.

This is not just restricted to US airspace because any terrorist with a shoulder-launched missile can use them," said Mike Booen. "If a commercial aircraft got shot at tomorrow we would have an order for 10 of these immediately."

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It's clearly obvious to me that this is a planned media release..

They must surely have bigger versions capable of killing one person from a space based platform.

To have 'spent and wasted' billions seems a bit futile to me and may just be a cover story for where that money has really gone.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is awesome. I always wanted to have my own phaser. Of course, I would only ever set it to stun.

Something like this could make missiles obsolete.

CX

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

In just 18 months the American defence firm Raytheon has turned a laser used in the car manufacturing industry into a weapon that can hit incoming rounds at the speed of light

Is this new laser any different than this thing which (if my hearing is right) the video reports has been in use since 2000?

Skyguard laser defence

Seems to be a few vids on YouTube about these weapons.

CX.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
LOL its not a phaser its just a lazer dude, they have phaser tech though.
You can send an electric charge thru a lazer beam.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
LOL its not a phaser its just a lazer dude, they have phaser tech though.
You can send an electric charge thru a lazer beam.

Ya, I know they're different. But, phasers are waaaay better than Star Wars lasers. Do you not agree?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So according to that video from you're previous thread the tech has been around since the Panama Deception of 1992. So if that is true then that means that this headline you posted up by the telegraph are pretty much lying about the fact that we've invented this tech in 1 year
The whole idea of that is really laughable, we are just showing the bottom line imo. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have a friend who has worked on US defense systems for many years. He is loyal to his country and has never revealed anything to me that is secret or classified. However, on one occasion we were talking about North Korea and their nuclear weapons and missiles. I said I thought it was scary that they might be able to someday hit the US directly with an ICBM. My friend smiled at me and said, "I don't lose any sleep over that possibility and you shouldn't either." He never offered any further explanation about his comment and I never really asked - but I don't worry about North Korean ICBMs any more.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

The repoirt is a little contradictory to be honest.

First they say it's taken decades(40 years), then they say 18 months.

The only way to explain this is that the government/military had been trying to do this for decades but contracted this company to do it instead, roughly 18 months ago.

And the excuse of taking a car manufacturing device is a bit lame. Does the medical profession use lasers for surgery also?

Yes, this laser technology appears to have been around since before 1992, believed to have been used in Panama in 1989. It has also been shared with Israel. It would seem that China may also have the same technology. In this short video which I posted in one of the other threads, you'll learn how these weapons were to be made ready for use by 2008, High tech lasers in use
You are clearly shown fully built and installed laser weaponry devices from around 1996 onwards.

reply to post by CX
Exactly that CX, nice find. Thanks for adding it to this discussion. It clearly shows how this weaponry can be used as a defensive item against incoming attacks.

All we're lacking now is a direct attack using some form of laser/high energy weapon.

There is this little bit of video though, which has been around for quite a while now. It's supposedly filmed from a space shuttle mission (can't recall which)

Make of it what you will, but I know on what side of the fence I'm standing when i see this footage.

Here, we can see how airborne laser weapons can be used to destroy missiles too, and note that they mention that a target on the ground can also be attacked.

This video touches on the subject of the vehicles being destroyed at 9/11 in the same manner as those in Panama. It also suggests a few other ideas and possibilities that are really interesting, especially the possible use of this weapon on a singular soldier.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Extralien]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Without doubt, red, they already got these things stacked up and in storage to bbe sold right from the word 'go'.

You dont spend all this time developing stuff, testing it and giving it to only a few troops if you're not in business to make profit. O fcourse you'll sell to where you can get a real good price ..

All in the name of cooking people to death rather than destroying the envirnment and buildings by blowing it all up..

Lasers are 100% more selective than any ICBM, or other device with large destructive potential.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
There is quite a lot of data on ATS about these laser/high energy weapons and one thread interested me quite a bit,
This thread 9/11 the smoking gun provides some interesting points and ifnormation combined with video/phots and suggests the possible use of ABL.

Then this 3 part video on youtube expands on this. Part 2 I've already posted above but I'll add it here as well so you can see the complete set.
This mayvery well be one of those 'high ranking' conspiracy theories, yet it does make you wonder about sevral things when you've heard what's being said along with the evidence provided. IMO, these weapons have been in use for a long time. Anyone remember the laser guided missiles that were 'introduced' during the first Iraq war? The idea was to minimis casualties yet maximise targetting and destruction of laser tagged targets.

A couple of very interesting points are made in this video in the fact that we can see the top of the tower toppling over, and in theory, should have continued to crash down onto the ground outside of the footprint area of the building, yet it crumbles to dust before it is even half way into its fall. How?

Another point is made as to how the nose of the 2nd aircraft is seen to come through the building and out of the other side.
In relation to the above posted ATS link, this may be due to the possibility that the steel structure was severely weakened by a high energy weapon to ensure the aircraft completely entered the building.

Very thought provoking.

new topics

top topics

join