It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Christian Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sometimes as Christians we get low in faith. Sometimes we feel all alone with no one to help or help lift up your spirit. We all know that angels direct us. But much like the footprint scriptures we just dont notice the foot steps behind us.

I want this to be a thread that helps us christians remember that God is with us. We all talk about spritual events that God has shown us to prove he is here. Tells us yours. Did you see a angel, did he talk to you. what did he say. tell us your story about when you where low in spirit, and what did God show you to remind you where you are at in his life for you. Did you almost die.

In basic terms how was God their for you when you needed him most. If your like me you got storys that no one would believe but by the spirit. Dont be afraid let God talk for you. I ask this question cause even I need to remember. Cuz sometimes we feel alone and we have no one around us.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Beautiful and so true!
Divide and conquer is a tool of our enemies.
I'll post some more, later!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Before I post I want to listen to what these souls have to say and observe.

peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
look at that 45 reads and only two post and they're not even posting about the topic. I understand Jesusis but calm on even if its a small one. God works everywhere. What happens if a lost soul read and could of been spiritual up lift and you didnt let God use you. Remember God is watching show him your a soldier and a spiritual man.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Listen slybmatt, you sound like a youngster, for I have posted many post and people can know me by them, yet I will share when the time is ready, if nobody shares soon I guess I will.

God does use me when the time is right brother.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Right now I feel dead hearted and numb, It's like God put me in darkness of mind and I just don't feel anything inside, it sucks. Excuse my language. But there are some things I will share with you later.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I haven't been forthcoming.
It's not that God hasn't blown me away with his provisions, but, the ones I can remember most, are so personal, that I can't write about them.

There have been times, when I had no decent clothes.
One time I asked God for some good clothes and a few DAYS later, my sister gave me some clothes and even HIGH priced underwear that still had the tags on it and were un-used! (Thank God! Because I am picky about underwear)
Times that we had no food to give our children(except pop-corn for 3 meals a day) and my neighbor(who didn't know how 'bad off' we were) sent boxes and boxes of food.
That was before son #3.

The dramatic things are really dramatic.

Many times I have felt NO fellowship aside from God!
Those days He just wants to know if He is all you need.
Or are you like the selfish Israelites. "give us meat, we are tired of this manna!"
Jesus is our Manna.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Clearskies]

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Mostly I just lurk on this board to see if people are feeling what I am........but to the story. In the early 80's I had been smoking some weed and suddenly felt something come over me......peace and it was like through telepathy that I was told that everything was going to be OK.....like with the world and our condition. I have never had an experience like that before or sense. I do have a strong idea that something is going on at this time and I am not one to dismiss these feelings. I try to listen to what my body is telling me and act on these feelings. At 54 this has worked for me and does not when I try to go my own way.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
mmm, I havnt had many times yet, but one that I can remember well is one night at youth group when I was like 15. I went up for the alter-call as I had many times befoer and I felt this amazing peace come over me. It was pretty unreal and then all of a sudden the fella who was talking came over and he started praying and he got this word for me from the lord.... I wont go into what he said but it was exactly what I needed to hear and it sticks with me because its one of those moments in my life when God spoke to me through someone and from then on Ive this unreal feeling of him being there with me.

When God talks to someone and then when they have this relisation that God is actualy real and he loves them its a pretty cool thing to see. And right after that the person has such a strong faith and love for God. Its kinda what happened to me on that night, but yea....... its one thing for people to tell you about God but another thing for God to come and talk to you

.....hope that all makes sence lol.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
i'm coming into this thread as a "reformed" atheist/agnostic. I used to ridicule the very notion of any sky pixie. that is,up until about a month or so ago,when I started meditation. I've been "shown" by my own self,that within me is god,the creator of everything. But it's not a god like most mainstream religion would have you know/fear. God (for me at least) is a consiousness,a power,love and kindness unparralelled. And this is really effed up for me to be typing,I've not got my head round it yet. But as a true agnostic,I was willing to be shown,and bugger me,I think I have been shown!!

So,I say to those who loose faith everynow and then,to stop looking out,and look within. The path is in your heart,it's where god is. The phrase "open your heart" has never rung more true in me.

I'm a veratable newb to all of this,but it's there. And I now KNOW this. I don't feel any need to worship this power,as it needs no worship. This power is in need of no recognition,there is no need to devote any given time to it. just know it,and live your life with the respect both it and you deserve. (well,that's the "message" I got)

peace and love.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yea but (it) wants our love. We love our children, our moms, dads, we spend time with them, God wants the same thing. God doesn't want a robotic relationship, he wants a real relationship. So may I ask what changed your mind?

peace.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Listen slybmatt, you sound like a youngster, for I have posted many post and people can know me by them, yet I will share when the time is ready, if nobody shares soon I guess I will.

God does use me when the time is right brother.

I dont sound like nothing all you got is what you read. And you miss understood what I meant. I meant I understood you wanted to wait for others to speak. I was saying to the other 24 at the time that they could of posted a expereince.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Yea but (it) wants our love. We love our children, our moms, dads, we spend time with them, God wants the same thing. God doesn't want a robotic relationship, he wants a real relationship. So may I ask what changed your mind?

peace.
Of course you can ask

Not 100% sure if I know the answer or not. But I'll give it a crack. Basicly,like I said,I started meditation not so long ago.One of the experiences I had,I was laying there,with my eyes closed,on a sofabed in the spare room. Meditating on my soul/spiritual body. And seeing if I could get it to stand up,leave my body. I asked for help,and a couple of seconds later,I could sort of see a beautiful electric blue angel (still with my eyes closed) She held her hand out,and I went to hold out my spiritual hand,which I could also see. But a voice came in,my own voice,but I didn't think it. It just said itself. And it said "I'm sorry,I'm not ready yet" I was absolutly blistering in tingles of bliss and love. And I opened my eyes as I knew my experience had ended. But I was blown away,totally. (I'm kind of welling up as I type this,in a good way,soft bugger!!)

Kind of got me hooked,I wanted to know more. So I read,and the more I read about meditation and the spiritual body,the more I began to see the god links. I could see them before,but I just sort of skimmed over that bit,probably my fear holding me back. Reading about angels,and how lots of people see angels and have godly experiences,I dunno,I sort of felt like Iwas supposed to be reading it.

Then,during a meditation,I was visualising my heart chakra,and all the stuff you sort of do there. And I saw my heart,kind of like one of those plasma balls you get and put your hands on. Only it kind of opened for a flash,just a small dot right at the front,and there was pure white light coming out. Just for a split second,that's all I could see it for. But I knew,that it was god. I don't know how,but I did,it's like something I'd always known,but had forgotten. It sounds crazy (well,it does to me) but there it is. I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest,I know that it's changed me inside,and that's permanent. But where to take it,that's what I've got to figure out. For myself,and I will.I will let me,when i'm ready. If that makes sense.

I've been reading/watching some stuff by a guy called Drunvalo Melchizedek,and he speaks of finding god in your heart through a secret passage,of angels,higher self,lower self,psychic abilites. And alot of it is ringing bells in me,so I guess that's the path I'm chosing for now. I know I need to get out into nature more,get back into touch with father earth and mother sky.

Anyway,that's my story. (first time I've written it down,kind of a load off.)

and peace back at you

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

The Bible is always a good source for relief

these have always helped me

Psalm 89

20 I have found David, my servant; (here I replace David with Camilo, maybe you should do it with your name.)
with my holy oil I have anointed him,
21 so that my hand shall be established with him;
my arm also shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not outwit him;
the wicked shall not humble him.
23 I will crush his foes before him
and strike down those who hate him.
24 My faithfulness and my steadfast love shall be with him,
and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
25 I will set his hand on the sea
and his right hand on the rivers.
26 He shall cry to me, ‘You are my Father,
my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’
27 And I will make him the firstborn,
the highest of the kings of the earth.
28 My steadfast love I will keep for him forever,
and my covenant will stand firm [4] for him.
29 I will establish his offspring forever
and his throne as the days of the heavens.
30 If his children forsake my law
and do not walk according to my rules, [5]
31 if they violate my statutes
and do not keep my commandments,
32 then I will punish their transgression with the rod
and their iniquity with stripes,
33 but I will not remove from him my steadfast love
or be false to my faithfulness.
34 I will not violate my covenant
or alter the word that went forth from my lips.
35 Once for all I have sworn by my holiness;
I will not lie to David.
36 His offspring shall endure forever,
his throne as long as the sun before me.
37 Like the moon it shall be established forever,
a faithful witness in the skies.

Zephania 3

19 Behold, at that time I will deal
with all your oppressors.
And I will save the lame
and gather the outcast,
and I will change their shame into praise
and renown in all the earth.
20 At that time I will bring you in,
at the time when I gather you together;
for I will make you renowned and praised
among all the peoples of the earth,
when I restore your fortunes
before your eyes,” says the Lord.

Hope this helps

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I was hopeing more people would put their personal experience on the board. I know God has work in my life he has in yours share God will in your life.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
hello there

God works everyday, unless we prevent him

too often we allow God to take control and guide us, only for us to snatch the reigns back again when all is going smoothly

Hether, my wife, is due to give birth and this is a true gift of God. we have been married for 7 yrs and we thought it would never happen.

whilst i know the skeptic will shout coincidence i could offer more testimony about this, but it is far too personal here. you can u2u me though

david

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

If you don't mind me asking when you refer to Angels do you mean people that help restore confidence in your faith or actually Angels ?

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I was hopeing more people would put their personal experience on the board. I know God has work in my life he has in yours share God will in your life.

Ok Brother... I am not christian and I do not believe in "God" as the fundamentalists do. However I will share, for you seek inspiration, and inspiration I can do. So here we go.

I was living in Alaska, and even though I was following my heart... my temptations got the best of me. I wanted to hurt myself, and I wanted to escape. So I got my nose dirty, and I numbed my senses with drink frequently.

I was living with an older brother at this time, whom I felt needed someone there to show trust, and for camaraderie. Yet, he had recently gotten out of jail. I thought he had changed. He started to manipulate from the get go, and I allowed his tactics to get to me. I was ground down, and I was out.

There came a time where I was so down that I was hollow, empty, void of any loving feeling. Things were bleak and I saw no escape. Suicide was not an option, no escape. He was threatening, and I can't explain it all... just know I was stuck by my love for my brother.

One day when things were real bad I sung a song learned in church as a youth. I felt a choir of children about me singing this song with me. It chased the shadows away a bit, and gave me room to breathe. Soon after things got bad, he ripped me off for some money. Even though I though i had no place to go, an opening revealed it self and I left.

Nose is clean now and so are the senses... not everything is hunky dory, however I am alive.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Once when I was feeling really down, I asked God to help me and to show me He was there. I was just crying and feeling really empty and then I felt His presence and it felt like He was holding me and comforting me. It felt amazing, because I knew He was there. To me, there was no doubt about it.

---

A few years ago, my parents worked at this place where it was a church but it was also a Bible college. I think I overheard someone or either one of my parents told me, that one time a guy who really needed somewhere to stay came to the church at night or afternoon or something. Well, no one was there but apparently someone showed up who let him in to sleep there that night. Apparently the person who let him in was dressed in white and they didn't work or had access to the church, they were apparently an angel. I don't know if it's true though. I asked my parents if they remember anyone mentioning, but they don't remember lol, so yeah I don't know.

new topics

top topics

join