It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old pictures of signs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Pic from 1905 from a theatre in norway (the picture is in the folkmuseums digital archives)

Recognize anything masonic?

Any other old(er) pics?

The only odd thing is the axe-wielding lion inside the pyramid... there's never been lions in norway.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Ghaele]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I see what is apparenlty a dragon rampant in a triangle, above the fire place. I don't think that's particularily Masonic.
For that matter, the only thing that remotely bothers me about this picture, is that the old fellow to the front and right of the picture looks like one of the actors who played Doctor Who.
The fact that there are women present make this less likely to be anything particularly Masonic, it seems.
Though of course, if it is Masonic, what exactly is your point?
Edit: I take it back, it's mor elikely a rampnat lion. Which makes it more likely to be any number of things. Possibly it's a Moose Lodge because of the antlers.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I agree, Rampant Lion on a chimney in a hunting lodge. (See antlers & rifle.)

What's particularly Masonic? The tea set? The candle sticks?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The lion is just the Norwegian coat of arms.

Your point?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNortonWhat's particularly Masonic?

The triangle with the brick background is masonic. The early (stone)masons often put bricks inside triangles or 'pyramids'. This is all well known so don't act up.

The rest of the interior was normal in most homes at that time (1903). But the triangle really stands out and don't belong there. Yes I know the coat of arms. It dosen't belong in a masonic triangle. And a lion dosen't belong in our coat of arms either; it's not us.

Whats wrong with your eyes, people? Never seen the masonic pyramid before?

My point is on the last question on the first post. That's the only thing I'm interested in.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele

The rest of the interior was normal in most homes at that time (1903). But the triangle really stands out and don't belong there. Yes I know the coat of arms. It dosen't belong in a masonic triangle. And a lion dosen't belong in our coat of arms either; it's not us.

I'm not sure why you feel this way; it's been the Norwegian coat of arms for something like 800 years. As a Norwegian, I've never had a problem with it - I think it's pretty inoffensive, as far as those things go.

I also don't see the shape of the chimney as especially Masonic. I would, however, be interested in old photos of freemasonry in Norway.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I don't know. I just see a triangle.

Even if it is masonic, surly if you know the arms you must know that masons (frimurere) are not unheard of in Norway?

I don't mean to diss you, but your thread makes no sense. Or am I a bit slow here?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The triangle with the brick background is masonic. The early (stone)masons often put bricks inside triangles or 'pyramids'. This is all well known so don't act up.

Here we go again. Basic shapes are not masonic - they are not anything - they are the way the world is constructed. Triangles, circles, squares, etc. do not have ownership to any particular group or organization. I have a paperweight on my desk that is a triangle - its from my college's alumni association. Nothing about it is masonic. There are many things that are triangles, or resemble the triangle, which are in no way masonic because the triangle is not masonic.

Of course stone masons put things in pyramids (by the way - triangle is not a pyramid). They also put stones into rectangles and squares. This is because these shapes hold up. If stone masons attempted to stack stones inside a parallelogram, they would find it collapsed. There is nothing special about it..nor is there anything masonic about it.

Whats wrong with your eyes, people? Never seen the masonic pyramid before?

As the pyramid is not masonic - no I have not.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I see somethiing completely disturbing, but masonic it is not.

Look @ the woman standing up. Chest area.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

I see a squiggly line.

And I am quite sure they are real.

And I also fail to see a single thing "Masonic" .. looks like a meeting of some kind... anyways, lame game..

Tell us OP whats Masonic?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Privy_Princess
I see somethiing completely disturbing, but masonic it is not.
Look @ the woman standing up. Chest area.

What disturbs me is the woman in the chair. She looks dead!

But what's most disturbing is this thread. Indeed, OP, if everything in the entire world that's triangular is "Masonic" then you've got us! A Masonic fireplace chimney! Who'd a thunk it?

Otherwise, this is a worthless thread, at best.

Sometimes I truly wish Masons were as present and as responsible for things as people claim we are.

new topics

top topics

join