It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn. gov. says US infrastructure renewal critical

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Penn. gov. says US infrastructure renewal critical

www.reuters.com

PHILADELPHIA, July 14 (Reuters) - The United States should establish a capital budget to pay for about $1.6 trillion in national infrastructure repairs to ensure the work gets done and prevent the risk of becoming a "third-rate" economic power, Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell said on Monday.

In his first speech as 2008/09 chairman of the National Governors Association, Rendell said U.S. spending on facilities such as roads, bridges, and passenger rail is only 0.6 percent of gross domestic product, compared with 9 percent in China and 3.5 percent in the European Union.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is a huge topic of discussion. I know where the funds will have to come from on this so please don't go off on the Democrats will raise taxes through the nose spiel. I understand that. However, I also understand that the conservative approach is actually weakening this great nation. What would this do to the economy? To create a huge job market for infrastructure reform and upkeep? If we were spending 3.5% instead of .9% we would have a HUGE lift in the economy.

The best way to right a struggling economy is to create jobs. Stable jobs that will be around for a long time.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join