It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moses Code - Rosicrucian BS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I just finished watching this documentary called "The Moses Code". It reminded me of that DVD that made a stir a while back called "The Secret." It just kept going on about the quote in the Old Testament where Moses talks to the burning bush (which is apparentely God) that tells him to demand the Romans release the captive Hebrews. When Moses is finished talking with this fiery bush he asks it who he should tell the Romans it is that demand this. The bush replies "I am that I am." And at this time some people belived that this was the first time in history that people knew the true name of God.

Well basically for the next hour they repeat that phrase, "I am that I am" over and over, while also implying that it is also a code. They claim that if you can unlock this code you can harness this energy and somehow unlock some sort of secret to life. They say that the phrase is missing a comma and should actually read "I am that, I am." Which basically implies that god is omnipresent. He is all that there is, all sorts of life, and even the earth itself.

While I agree somewhat with the idea put forth that God is omnipresent, i totally disagree that repeating to yourself while looking at bushes and such the phrase "I am that, I am" over and over again is somehow going to unlock some sort of magical code which will allow you to fullfill your life with happiness and wealth and such. And the DVD implies this over and over.

It seems to me that this is just another gimmick to push these new age DVDs onto people for the purpose of making themselves money, while also making the person watching think it will somehow endow them with great weath also. Yea right, a DVD for $20 bucks that will get you rich and also bestow upon you a great deal of weath (in whatever context they mean when they say wealth, AND THEY DO SAY "WEALTH" PLENTY OF TIMES.

While I do put some stock into the "Law of Attraction" Theory talked about in the movie "The Secret," I don't know exactly what to think about this so called Moses Code. Its almost as if they are straight up saying that God is everything and somehow if you know that that then you will reap great benefits, But it isn't really portraying it as a religious message. Its more or less a bunch of scholars and people who are already well to do. I would guess that most of them are members of Secret Societies also.

I just think it has gotten out of hand a bit with these types of messages or codes or whatever. Its almost as if the rich are just ripping off the poor by selling them hopes and dreams in DVD format, all while either laughing in their own heads at us, or possibly even believing thier own BS.

Would anyone else who has seen this movie care to share their thoughts? Or does anyone care to comment on the subject matter of this thread? Is it all Secret Society brainwashing? Or do think there could be something to it?

LINK TO THE PURCHASE THE DVD
www.amazon.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If you've gotten this far already I'd suggest you just "Follow the white rabbit."

Edit to add something more constructive:

I wasn't aware of "The Moses Code". I never saw the movie "The Secret" but have seen the book and I've often referred to it essentially as "Enlightenment for Dummies" which covers some basic "how to's" that are in old teachings but doesn't get very deep. I've seen it given away for free (you might be surprised how much is free as e-books if you look) but never looked further than the claim. There seems to have been a big surge in the availability of related material in 2007 (alot of reprinting of older books) which I suspect does originate with some secret society initiative.

As for it being just some profit-mongering scheme, at this point I'm doubtful because of reasons mentioned in the previous paragraph. "The Moses Code" gives me pause though and perhaps Twyman is getting a bit ridiculous?

[edit on 14-7-2008 by EnlightenUp]

[edit on 14-7-2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Historically, this is, without a doubt, the basis for the infamous quote:

I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man.

The implications of this revelation give me shivers. (You could say they shiver me timbers, even...)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Esotericist

I think you mean egyption not roman.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
We are beings of energy alike the world around us, and everything we interact with!
I think if we as humans can grasp the fact that we transcend this energetic vibe we call life and make what we want of it in a positive way, and by doing this and in the same time not worrying about what others do around us.
We can become godlike we are what is that I am!

Just think of that person you know with a bad vibe and how it transcends to you and others around you? that should sum it all up for your minds eye.

Now think of a cheerful person brightening your day up with positive actions, now imagine what the whole world would be like if it was taught like that in school's instead of senseless dribble!

[edit on 123131p://upTuesday by seridium]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hello all,

Want more evidence that this is BS? The time for the removal of ignorance has arrived!!

The following links take you to my blogs and websites where I expound in great detail about the sources of these halfwitted deceptions. Religion and mysticism are purposeful lies and error and now I give you comprehensive proof of the truth.

It's Symbology Stupid
Doctrine of Two Spirits

By the way, Moses was known as AmenMoses (approximate), hence born of or son of Amen. Amen/Amun was the ancient symbolized Nubian god-principle, later merged with Ra (AmunRa). Here is the key to the truth about Moses' "god." Read the articles at the below linked blog for the truth and verifiable wisdom. It's a small book's worth of material but I guarantee it'll open your eyes, for good. Treat it as a sort of "grail quest" where all who are patient, humble, and truly seeking wisdom with an clean heart can succeed.

Vatican Lies Illuminated

Here is Wisdom !!!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
1 Timothy 4:1 God's Spirit clearly says that in the last days many people will turn from their faith. They will be fooled by evil spirits and by teachings that come from demons.

There is only ONE God - the Creator of heaven and earth and everything on it.

There is NO other way than HIM.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I rest my case.

I will NOT conform to anything else!

Regards
Petra

new topics

top topics

join