Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

NEWS: Two Suicide Attackers Storm Masonic Lodge in Turkey

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Two persons intent on suicide stormed into a Masonic Lodge in Istanbul Turkey. They carried automatic weapons and set off explosions that killed one person and injured five others. Al-Jazeera and Turkey Post are reporting 2 dead and 6 injured.

ap.tbo.com...
Bombers attack Istanbul Masonic lodge
"Two assailants shot the guard in his feet and raked the restaurant of the lodge with gunfire, then detonated bombs," Guler told reporters. "One terrorist and one waiter was killed. The second terrorist is injured with his arm ripped off and his guts spilled out."

The Masons, a secretive society that traces its roots to medieval craft associations, are active in this predominantly Muslim but strictly secular country.

There are an estimated 5 million to 6 million Masons worldwide, pledged to the principles of brotherliness, charity and mutual aid. Membership is by invitation.

[Edited on 3-9-2004 by worldwatcher]

LAX

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The second terrorist is injured with his arm ripped off and his guts spilled out."

sounds like he got what he deserved.....

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Wow, a surviving suicide bomber! That does not happen very often. The fact that he actually had to look over and realise he was still alive with no arm (and an angry mob of people around him that were going to save him at any expence so they could kill him them selves) warms my heart and brings a smile to my face.

Call me demented, I guess I am.
Too bad it does not happen more often.
Blew up in his face didn't it?

new topics

join