It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HUGE 8.1)Earthquake Prediction Philippines July 18 2008

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have been living here in the PI for the past seven years (on the Luzon Peninsula). Been through several earthquakes, which are more of slight rolling type: no sudden jars. Maginitude here less than 4.0. Earthquakes this year have been in the southern territories of the PI, deep in the ocean's crust; I believe the largest was just over 6.0.

The interesting part of the Earth's topography around the PI is that the natural large faults of the "Ring of Fire" create a type of island around the PI. The fact that the greater area around the PI is an island, scientists believe (acc to my Internet research) that the island effect mitigates much of the seismic activity felt within the PI islands.

During the Pinatubo eruption of 1991, one earthquake measured 7.8 and was directly attributed to the volcano's awakening. Similar earthquakes in the PI since have been attributed to other volcanoes "letting off steam."

Mount Mayon is currently the most active volcano in the PI, and while it is "burping" rather often of late, no one has associated any significant earthquake activity of late.

Thus, when I heard of this rumor this morning, I dismissed it as just another malicious rumor to upset the populace, based on the two major points discussed above.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
“So why are you trying to find out the future by consulting witches and mediums? Don’t listen to their whisperings and mutterings. Can the living find out the future from the dead? Why not ask your God?” (Isaiah 8:19).

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
hmmm lets predict that there will be a WORLD WAR III going to happen right now after I post this ... this is hoax a fake ...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
people need true news...especially for those dont have enough time to watch TV either read newspapers...i think those people who scattered this issue somewhat needs attention!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Lol it's july 18 and it never happen!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

tangina nyo!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Sorry folks, it's just sad that education in the Philippines has reached such a sorry state to include mumbo-jumbo-gumbo in its curriculum. Whatever mental conditioning has been provided over the last 20 or more years has produced generations of people more receptive to notions of the supernatural and event prognostications based on sorcery and religion, rather than good old common sense based on math and science. Well, to be fair, we cannot completely discount the fact that there still may be an earthquake. But, the force or magnitude cannot be ascertained. Earthquakes are unpredictable. But my money is on the described event not occurring at all(based on the data you can read on the USGS site, if you're actually smart enough to read it and interpret the data). My pity goes out to everyone who is needlessly worrying and anguishing over that silly prediction. I pray that they may find peace of mind, and that they grow wiser from this experience and place less faith in hearsay. Here, here, have a beer! =)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

AMEN!!! i believe in the power of prayer... i believe in God and not some prediction... i believe in His great love and mercy... i just pray that we repent and realize our mistakes before any disaster give us an excuse to be sorry and to turn back to God...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Another accurate prediction I see.

BTW it is now the 19th July in the Philippines

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I think you are a few hours fast my friend

www.timeanddate.com...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by duffster]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by duffster

hmm..actually I'm an hour and a half ahead, thought the Philippines were on Sydney time.

I'll be back in an hour and 24 minutes.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well i was only being a pain by pointing out the time,but i'm sure you are correct in what you are saying Another great prediction

I have a Prediction for you Watch out for the front that hit us in perth today

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by duffster

How did you know?!?! lol

either way it's gonna be a sunny weekend!

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Chadwickus]

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
In a probably unrelated note, a 7.0 earthquake struck eastern Japan...so he got the continent right at least!

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by matth

last time I checked Japan is an Island, not really part of the continent.
PLUS! Our friend specifically said Philippines and the earthquake was an 8.1.

Way off if you as me.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by matth

last time I checked Japan is an Island, not really part of the continent.
PLUS! Our friend specifically said Philippines and the earthquake was an 8.1.

Way off if you as me.

Last time I checked my map Japan is part of the continent of Asia (try Wikipedia you'll see what I mean, lol)...and also last time I checked Japan was part of the continental shelf, and also last time I checked Japan isn't too far away from the Philippines. You would be well suited to check a map next time you question my basic middle school geography.

I'm not trying to defend the person's prophecy, but as a reader of this website, you should know that sometimes prophecy is confused in interpretation. Again, I am NOT defending his prophecy, but just playing devil's advocate here. A guy predicts a 8.0 earthquake in the Philippines, and a 7.0 earthquakes strikes Japan, one island chain over. Now, I'm not saying he was off in the interpretation of an accurate prophecy, but what I am saying is that it COULD be possible. Peace!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by matth

You speak the truth, my apologies.
I guess I was in total skeptic mode with this one.

Forgive my ignorance.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join