It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truther throws in the towel, admits it's all B.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hey, mister OP!

How do you know he wasn't paid to quit the movement and say it's bunk?

It could go both ways... I hope you understand that...

i think it's more likely someone would be paid by the government to say the truthers are false than the other way around...

[edit on 14-7-2008 by illuminist]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It's quite interesting, to me it just shows that the guy was not a blind believer, when presented a rational argument against his position, he conceded. I see a lot of true believers, who will refuse to even watch videos like screw loose change, saying it's just disinfo BS when they didn't even see it. To me that kind of attitude is far from being a truth seeker.

I still have some questions and suspicions about 9/11, but after watching a few '9/11 truth' videos, and also a few 'debunker' videos, I came to the conclusion the 'proof' was not as solid as the 9/11 truth people like to claim at times.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThroatYogurt
Since it was the FDNY he claims to have spoken with.

Important words bolded. Retired Chief Nigro also claims to not have spoken with Silverstein. Nigro was the person who ordered the men to "pull out".

And if it was someone else in the FDNY that he spoke with, why would Silverstein grandize and say "I said there's so much lose of life, maybe a good idea would be to pull it" and make the insinuation that he was the hero of the day and saved all those firemen's lives by "pulling it" out? The "it" must have been his penis because he sure did screw up.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Griff,

I would rather not waste anymore bandwidth on the Silverstein BS. You and I both know he is not the culprit here. Besides...we don't want to derail

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

JP...

If i remember right. You are the one that made a challenge to another member here. Something about NOT being a truther after it is proven that DNA evidence can survive a plane crash? It was proven...and you are still here.

Besides... I do NOT have to answer to ANYONE but ME!

Although, I am a sweet lovable guy, if you have specific questions, please feel free to use the U2U option.

Thank you,

:TY:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminist

i think it's more likely someone would be paid by the government to say the truthers are false than the other way around...

[astro]Rut Ro Reorge... [/astro] they are on to you!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ThroatYogurt

Don't paraphrase/guess at my quotes and hold me to them please. If you want to quote me feel free.

If you only ask the questions you want its easy to arrive at the conclusion you want. There are many unaswered questions about 911.

I think the 'truthers' indeed do have a lot of BS in their camp so to speak, but the OS does too, like it or not, question it or not.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have always felt that the 9/11 truth movement though backed by some true hearted individuals is at it's core a money making scheme. The originators initially saw it as a joke (Loose Change was originally a parody of sorts), then saw the money flow in with donations, a large scale of interest and have pushed it ever sense. There have been good uncovering from the movement, that point to the 9/11 Commission report being false in some ways...but mostly it's just digging for facts that aren't there, or twisting facts to suit the theory. I'd like to hear the real 9/11 Truth, not some conspiratorial bull crap that is easily written off because it has been disproved so many times.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar
To me, he seems like someone who has realized he's been coned and is as angry at himself as he is at the people he views as the leaders of the "movement".

Exactly. One of the "dirty little secrets" of the "truth" movement, is that the longer most people look into it, the less truth they see. Im beggining to think about writing a book on ex-conspiratists and how angry they always are at themselves for beliving. Its the exact same reaction people have to being conned out of money.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Starred Grambler - the thread's hardly worthy of such a thoughtfully composed response.

SlightlyAbovePar - defend the government's account of 9/11 by bringing new information to the table, not by asking us to read the musings of a student most of us never heard of who co-founded a truth group sometime in 2006 then changed his mind in 2007.

Reminds me of a student who founded a potholing club only to discover he was scared of the dark.

If Metzger has something pertinent to say please quote it. The personal ramblings in his blog add nothing. Perhaps he's sincere but it's very curious that a co-founder of a 9/11 truth movement doesn't know there are "structural, civil, or any engineers" who reject the government's account. How did he get to university with such weak research skills?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
To suggest that the U.S. Government is above indirectly funding or turning a blind eye to the preparations for an act of aggression against the people of U.S. is to ignore history and diplomatic procedure. It makes perfect sense for a government who needs an economically-driven war to drum up support for the war on moral grounds. Never heard of that?

Believe me, whatever their role, if any, that the Federals had in the 9-11 incident, what isn't a product of spin is the hatred for Americans in the Muslim World.

And you can deny scalars all you want. But then you're just uninformed. And that's fine by the military.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm proud to admit that I didn't need an ex-truther to set me straight about 9/11 myths. Popular Mechanics did it for me long ago!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
CD/BeamWeapons, Lasers...these guys read to many comic books in my opinion.

And that may be a good thing so far as reading and cognitive skills.

It just sucks to try and base your reality on laser beams and holygraph stuff. Sure they may be able to do it in a lab but we have not tried it out in the field yet. SO this kid who had a hissy fit probably just bumped his head and got a one way ticket to the real world. Happens to everybody. Every "truther" needs to take a good hard look at what the other guys are saying. They have truth as well! lol

And if we did have those weapons do you think the CIA would have access to those weapons yet.

Not on your life. If the Navy or the Army have been funded to bring the " goose to lay the golden egg" so to speak there is no way in hell that either party is going to let anybody else get their grimey hands on those "new" weapons. I don't care what agency you belong to. Navy turf is Navy turf. Army turf is Army turf. CIA turf is CIA turf. Thats the way it works right now. They are trying to undermine that right as we speak but for now thats the way it is.

The CIA will get the Seals and the Rangers after they have their ass is in the grass and that goes for new weapons as well. This is the way it works.

And now the CIA or whoever has to compete with Fortune 500, Blackwater, private agencies, private law enforcement, etc, looking for the "right stuff" as well. Times are tough for everybody. Including the CIA. (those are not the bad guys by the way)lol

If you think the goverment is "whacked" try sorting out the politics of any division of the armed forces and the various agecies. Wacked and they like it that way. The system that our Forces works under works. The biggest problem their is that you have a civilian mucky muck trying to tell them how to fight a war and protect the constitution. They already know how...they don't need some fresh butt hole from Harvard telling them how to fight a war but thats what happens from time to time. (anyways thats another thread lol)

With that in mind I do believe that the Towers were brought down via demolition.

I don't know if Bush did it.

It would not be that hard to go into those towers as a "guy" to fix something and set up the charges.

Look at it this way...the towers were bombed by the Blind Sheik guy about 12 years ago under Clinton. Damage was done.

After the first bombing send in some guys who do this kind of stuff to check out the structure of the building. So the guys go in under that cover and do their thing. If anybody asks they are legit. They are working on the structural integrity of the Towers.

Set up your charges, wire everything in....wait for D Day and down they come.

So...the first thing I thought when I saw them go down was that they were a demo. Kerosene does not cut steel. Thermite does.

I work construction for a living as well as other things. I am almost 50 years old. Thats a long time in this industry. I have cut, welded, torched, gauged almost every metal on this planet. Kerosine, Jet Fuel does not bring a building down. Never has and it never will. I have hung steel, demo steel....worked both as a rigger and hanging...and I can tell you straight up that JET FUEL will not cut steel.

I do not know who was behind it but I believe it was a demo!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Huh?? Why would you trust Pop. Mech's over your own democratically elected representatives?

How would Pop Mechanics have acces to the money trail for every energy corporation bank account worldwide?

Um, ALOT of the wealth circulating through Arab countries comes from the West. If we didn't buy Saudi oil then there wouldn't be the funds to run the Wahhabist schools.
There's your US backed attack. Right there in plain sight.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
CD/BeamWeapons, Lasers...these guys read to many comic books in my opinion.

And that may be a good thing so far as reading and cognitive skills.

WHO the fletch are you talking (down?) to bro?

www.darpa.mil...
en.wikipedia.org...
archive.newsmax.com...
www.climateimc.org...
www.cheniere.org...
home.wanadoo.nl...

(I copied this,but...)
References
8. Fusion: Science, Politics, and the Invention of a New Energy Source by Joan Lisa Bromberg Published by MIT Press, Sep 29, 1982, Index.
9. US Patent No. 4,686,605 Bernard Eastlund August 11, 1987. Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth's atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere US Patent and Trademark Office.
10. Pravda, HAARP Poses Global Threat, by Yuru Solomatin, Jan, 15 2003. [2]
11. Washington Post, Pentagon Fights Secret Scenario Speculation Over Alaska Antennas, Some Physicists Skeptical, by John Mintz, Apr 17, 1995, Page A.03. [3],
12. USA Today, US military wants to own the weather, By Leonard David, Oct 31, 2005 [4]
13. Anchorage Daily News Alaskan Looks at HAARP, Sees Beginning of 'Stars Wars' Weapons System, by Doug O'Harra, April 7, 1996, Page F4. [5],
14. Wired Magazine, Activate Cloud Shield! Zap a Twister! Starting now, lightning strikes - on demand, by Tom Standage, Jan. 2000. [6]
15. Telepolis (German Newspaper), Angels don't play this HAARP by Harald Kuhl May 16, 2001. [7],
16. National Public Radio (NPR) on their Talk of the Nation program about Bernard Eastlund's research. [8]
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Eastlund"

[edit on 14-7-2008 by djerwulfe]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have seen those vids he is talking about, and it reminds me of a legal team trying to get a guilty person aquitted as being innocent because thats their job even if it is lie. Some of these legal teams are very good at making their case very believable. Thats how I view these video's, they make some good points, just as skilled legal team would do for their guilty client.

But the client is still guilty.

And 9/11 is still a CD false flag op.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The title needs to be changed.
Saying he "admits" is a stretch.
It would imply that he knows for a fact,or had undeniable proof that it is so-called BS.
The title should just say, "he says" or "he thinks",seeing as it is just his opinion he is expressing.
So how long before someone comes out with a thread stating "voter throws in the towel,and admits voting is all BS".
Cause there is plenty more proof that voting in this country is pointless.
Seeing as it would appear that elections in this country are rigged.
Diebold anyone?
And if someone did say that,would people stop voting?
Just like this cause claiming he thinks 9/11 truth is BS,do you think its going to stop people from trying for a new investigation.
This guys rant is all opinion and speculation,so he admits nothing.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by djerwulfe

Yes..I realise that many of these weapons are in the works. I sat in on a sell of "Star Wars" back in 1983 in Dallas Texas at CFTNI.

I know that QP is becoming operational.

But....so far as the average grunt is concerned it is still..."this is my rifle...this is my gun"....

Do you know witch is whitch? lol

You probably do..I would hope..lol

Anyway, yea the Hutchison effect, Tesla's work, etc is and will be used in the next big one.

But the budget would not have been that big for whoever brought down the towers!!lol

SO yeah...you are very right concerning those weapons. But you don't use that stuff for all the world to see! Do you?

And the guys that know how to operate some of the new gear are just not up for sale yet! lol

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Edit... out of place post

[edit on 14-7-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
*sigh* I don't post much on here but I read alot. I put the whole 9/11 controversy in a category with the JFK assassination. It seems that after all the urinating contests are done over this, one thing seems clear:

Very FEW people will ever know the "truth". Those who do know it will take it to the grave. Should they utter a peep, they will be SENT to their grave prematurely.

Have a good evening,

-hoop

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join