It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truther throws in the towel, admits it's all B.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The leader of the Albany, NY truth club calls it quits; says CD, beam weapons and all the other conspiracies concerning 9-11 are nonsense. Actually, he isn't quite so charitable in his descriptions.

Even if you don't agree with him, read his blog all the way through and see if his insights resonate with you.

DISCLAIMER: hard-over, tourette syndrome, one line posting truthers who argue ad nasuem semantics in defense of their faith beliefs - this isn't for you. In fact, it's likely to encourage the kind of behavior that relegates the truth club to it's continued fringe niche, like all other conspiracy theories.

WARNING: there is some bad language contained within his blog.

Story contained here.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
wow, the guy seems really angry about the whole thing. its a shame.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
For those interested in the piece which the former 'truther' claims was a significant factor in his 'change of heart' please see "Screw Loose Change"

Screw Loose Change - Not Freakin' Again edition

It's a long piece (over 2 and a half hours) so I have yet to review it myself. But it looks to be interesting nevertheless.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
To me, he seems like someone who has realized he's been coned and is as angry at himself as he is at the people he views as the leaders of the "movement".

+48 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What you failed to mention is that this pseudo truther and the views of the pseudo-skeptics were never embraced by the true justice seekers of 911.

Beam weapons, missile pods, holograms, Abl, Flight 93 shot down, etc were created by the perps as a disinformation campaign in hopes to discredit the truth movement. Common Straw man tactics.

911 disinformation is alive and well and this thread is proof.

www.911disinformation.com...

Disinformation Methods

There are many methods of disinformation from spreading lies to setting up straw men. There is a whole lexicon of disinfo tactics and it can be overwhelming to the novice like myself. For some background on some of the methods of disinfo check out this site. Fintan Dunn has done a lot of reporting on the CIA fake internet sites here.

In the case of 9/11 disinformation I've found that they use three main tactics:

1. Ignore it: For most Americans, if it's not on TV it doesn't exist. By studiously ignoring an issue the media can make it disappear. This has been spectacularly effective in the case of 9/11. Almost universally; main stream media avoid this topic like the plague.

2. Infiltrators: An agent of the perpetrators pretends to be a truth seeker. He publishes some statements supporting 9/11 truth (usually on some minor topic) and, gains some notoriety (with the help of other agents and insiders) He then discredits himself by coming out with some outrageous statements or actions like saying he is an alien abductee or UFOlogist etc. thereby throwing discredit onto the whole 9/11 truth topic.

3. Attacking straw men: This classic debate tactic is to re-frame the opponents argument making it seem that some weak point or minor issue is crucial and then shooting it down. The aircraft "pods" are the best example of this tactic.

9eleven.info...

911review.com...

Nice try debunkers and pseudo skeptics. We are ahead of your methods.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well put Ivan. There's a difference between someone who is seeking the truth, and someone who is seeking to create truth.

Personally, I don't presume to know exactly what happened, but I do know what didn't happen. No holograms, death-rays from space, or mini-nukes. To me however, the official story is just as laughable.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Thank you Ivan for your response. For those that are following the other thread: Ivan just demonstrated the last step of the Inflationary Model.

That is, I am one of "them". When the conspiracy reaches an evolutionary point where it can no longer inflate to answer critical questions, the people asking the questions become part of the conspiracy.

It's the charge truthers use as their Alamo. It's also pure, unadulterated surrender.

Explanation of the Inflationary Model is contained here

EDIT:
One more thing Ivan. When will you be presenting your evidence that John Lear, Craig Ranke and others are - in your words - conspirators to the murder of over 3,000 innocents?

When will you be presenting your evidence to the authorities for persecution? Or are they in on it too (Inflationary Model)? You've been "working" on your evidence for almost seven years, no?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yawn, not biting.

Trojan Horses
The 9/11/01 attack was a complex psychological operation carefully designed to conceal the truth, in spite of numerous obvious red flags in the fraudulent official story. As such it relies on the dissemination of memes that overpower rational consideration of the evidence. One of the most important memes is the idea that all people who question the basic tenets of the official story are loony conspiracy theorists, whose ideas are not worthy of consideration. Part of the construction of this meme was to make the attack so audacious that even a straightforward accounting of the basic facts sounds too outrageous to possibly be true.

The ideas that the Twin Towers were destroyed by explosive demolition and that top-level administration officials were involved in the planning and execution of the attack are so painful that most people reflexively reject them, even if that means ignoring mountains of evidence. Nevertheless the perpetrators run the risk that these ideas will gain currency and begin to be examined with some objectivity if the loony conspiricism meme fails to maintain its hold.

Nonsense as a Weapon
An effective tool for reinforcing the loony conspiricism meme is the introduction of theories that that have no basis in evidence, such as the idea that no planes hit the towers. The association of these ideas with the careful research of investigators in the 9/11 Truth Movement stands to set back the cause of awakening the larger public to the facts of the attack.

A series of websites have promoting more or less obvious hoaxes since the attack. Examples are 911Review.org (See 9/11 Review REVIEWED), and Physics911.net. Both adopted as their centerpiece the idea that no jetliner crashed at the Pentagon -- an idea that may be single most elaborate and well-orchestrated hoax used to undermine the credibility of the 9-11 Truth Movement.

More traditional media such as videos and books have also been used to discourage rational inquiry into the crimes of 9/11/01 by associating alternatives to the official narrative with uncritical thinking and junk science.

Several of these websites, videos, and books have been promoted in segments of the 9/11 Truth Movement that may seem surprising, given how effectively such material is used by the cover-up as ammunition against the spectrum of 9/11 Truth efforts. (A prime example of this is the March 2005 Popular Mechanics attack piece.) There are many possible reasons for this:

Because people inclined to accept that the attack was an inside job tend to be more open-minded in general, they are more likely to entertain a range of ideas, and are somewhat handicapped in appreciating the potency of ill-founded or poorly presented theories in discrediting good research.
Many working on social justice causes like 9/11 are reluctant to admit that there are saboteurs in their midst. The idea that the struggle to expose the crime is just a contest between the official story and alternatives is comforting in its simplicity. Recognizing that the struggle is a two-or-more-front war of ideas can be intimidating or even overwhelming.
Hoaxes come in many levels of sophistication and subtlety. Whereas few people have ever taken the hologram plane theory seriously, and the pod-plane theory was long ago rejected by most aspiring 9/11 activists, the Pentagon no-jetliner theory continues to detract from substantive evidence implicating insiders in the attack.
911review.com...

Trying to group us will not work anymore.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
You just bit and your post is reported for yet another HUGE cut and paste job.

If you have any original thoughts I am more than willing to discuss them. If they are on topic. If you don't have any original thoughts, a link will suffice.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

Sorry dood, your failing at trying to prove your point.

All your doing is trying to stroke your ego in this thread and its really not only boring but lacks any substance worth considering or even remembering.

So this thread is about a Pseudo Skeptic who did what all pseudo skeptics do. They make up B.S theories in the name of the group they attack and then discredit themselves.

Wait till the thread comes out " 911 Debunker throws in towel and says he was paid to lie and obsefucate the truth on 911 forums".

Edit to add.

I rock.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Can't you just accept the fact that some CTers can disagree with others on how 9/11 was attacked?
After all we can all agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Just in case you missed it I will repeat:

One more thing Ivan. When will you be presenting your evidence that John Lear, Craig Ranke and others are - in your words - conspirators to the murder of over 3,000 innocents?

When will you be presenting your evidence to the authorities for persecution? Or are they in on it too (Inflationary Model)? You've been "working" on your evidence for almost seven years, no?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by IvanZana

This thread is about how a fake truther propsing silly theories such as lasers and holograms admits it was all b.s. pretending to be a truther.

No body embraces the missile pods, hologram, exotic weapons, windowless fuel tankers. These theories were started by the perps and the they debunked themselves in the Popular Mechanics 911 hit piece 4 months later. Obvious disinfo campaign.

Thanks for reading. God bless.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ivan, thank you for your continued replies.

It's interesting to note you first employed Inflation to avoid answering questions, and are now engaged in Deflection in an attempt to change the subject.

Thank you for your posts as there is no way I could explain these two principles in action as well as you have physically demonstrated them.

Because you may be a tad confused as to what we are actually discussing let me recap. I posted a link to an ex-truther who has decided to throw in the towel (so to speak). You claimed he wasn't really a truther (although he personally founded and ran the Albany, NY truth club) and in any event he is in on it, as are those who believe in a couple of various conspiracies you personally don't believe in.

Since "they" are "in on it", "they" are direct accomplishes to murder, are they not?

It's a really simple question: do you think those that believe in holograms, thermite, themate, nuclear weapons, beam weapons, etc are complicit in the murder of 3,000 as you claimed, or not?

This is a one word answer.

So, what's your answer? You've already gone "straight to Go" by including me in your practice of the Inflationary Model. Will you continue to Deflect the questions or just flat out answer them?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
In the interests of a balanced discussion I thought I should point out that a friend of mine just made a convert to the 9/11 truth movement when he showed someone who thought that the Bush administration weren't a collection of pustullating Nazi baby killers and the "rag doll-ers" of New York City, a copy of Loose Change, Final Cut.

It just goes to show that there is an ebb and flow in people's thinking about a murky political issue. People change their minds. What else is new?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar
The leader of the Albany, NY truth club calls it quits; says CD, beam weapons and all the other conspiracies concerning 9-11 are nonsense. Actually, he isn't quite so charitable in his descriptions.

Even if you don't agree with him, read his blog all the way through and see if his insights resonate with you.

What a crock.

Why is this even a thread?

P.S. It's ridiculous that this thread is being promoted as a "Most Important Topic" on the ATS home page. It has one entire flag (probably by the OP.)

[edit on 14-7-2008 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Couldn't help but notice how well versed these "truthers" are about effective ways of twisting facts, in order to manipulate open minds, and, therefore, influence public opinion...

Let's see if I've got it: Convolute the issue as much as possible with half truths, veiled sinister threats, and outright lies in order to introduce doubt, confusion, and - of course - fear into the masses. Convince the people that they cannot trust their leaders, creating an environment of uncertainty and insecurity, invoking the instinctive fight-or-flight reaction... But not to worry, the "truthers" are here to save the day! Quite impressive and successful to a certain exent.

And I thank you. Now when I read the pathetic rhetoric and propaganda of the "truthers," based on their twisted facts, I will understand better just how they are attempting to manipulate the minds of the masses, influencing voters and therefore our elections.

Carry on.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
and this thread, is an attempt at 'the bandwagon technique'.

critical thinkers think for themselves. i'm not reading the blog, because it will be the same old, same old emotional appeal to normalcy.
things are not normal, at all.

the conspiracy is obvious. there is not ONE problem with the official line. there are HUNDREDS.
deconstructing the big picture into a giant jigsaw, and then 'debunking' the individual pieces as unrelated is the biggest tool in the anti-truth propaganda campaign.

unfortunately for the shadow rulers, this puzzle puts itself together, and far too many people know what it looks like when it is together.

to anonymous: what elections? everything is fixed in the voting machines.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thanks for your post GF.

Another interesting note is the juxtapose position the "truth movement is in". As you highlight, the "truth movement" isn't interested in outside ideas, or actually learning anything.

What they are interested in is parroting their beliefs back and forth to each other with a serious disdain for anyone who dares challenge the theory.

What that theory is, is anybodies guess.

Oh, the Juxtapose? Claiming your out to learn the truth but rejecting any new learning as irrelevant. Like the author - in the blog you haven't/won't read - claims, you've already done your "research".

If you have something, anything, of substance or value that's on topic to add to this discourse, please do. If not, move along.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Thanks for you're reply and comments.

To answer your question: nothing =) Nothing is new.

What is new, IMO, is hearing from someone who has 'been there, done that' and has some interesting insights. His story is a common one. Judging by the emotional responses to merely posting a link to the article, I'd say he's hit pretty close to the mark.

Further to your point, you're right. He is just one guy. However, what is remarkable are the responses in this thread. The responses are entirely predictable, stale and going on seven years old.

As far as your friend watching LC:TFC, is he open to watching the rebuttal? Or, will he declare he has "done all the research" and wind up like the person the who is the subject in the OP? Honest question, without a hint of snit, nastiness or schmuckness intended.

Please, watch the rebuttal - it's eye opening. If your friend is truly interested in the "truth" then open his mind to all of the information. At the very least, just read the blog mentioned in the OP.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join