It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown Names 110,000 "Problem Families"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

They will get parenting supervision, with the worst 20,000 families facing eviction if they do not respond.
[]
Anybody who is carrying a knife is subject to either prison or a strong community payback that forces them to give service to the community. []it is completely unacceptable to carry a knife
[]
stop and search powers would be increased, with more visible policing
[]
110,000 "problem" families with "disruptive young people" would be dealt with.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I bolded my "comments"....

also, ATS: Social Issues 4/30/2007:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
UK rounds families up to be put in 'Respect" camps

Your thoughts?

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wow. Talk about a goverment taking away rights in leu of "knives"!

Is this a dry run for the rest of countries involved with the UK?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What does eviction mean? Are these"problem families" immigrant families? Are they living off of gov support? They need to start deporting immigrant families that raise criminal offspring.

The true British youth that have issues will receive more time and attention to "overcome" their problems when the government stops importing criminals from other countries.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

In the UK there is a law that states that a family can be evicted from their own home (yes, even their own paid in full own property) if they are seen as a 'problem family'.

This goes for all citizens, not immigrants, but every single family in the UK.

This is to combat knife crime ? don't make me laugh, this is the boot of tyranny slowly crushing the life and spirit from the people.

fear big brother is its message.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I find this part to be slighty disturbing.

These are children who have either been excluded from school, been in trouble with the law or identified as likely to be in trouble later on, Mr Brown said.

The bold print is mine, showcasing the most disturbing part in my opinion.

Are they profiling here or simply going to use a time machine?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Wow. Talk about a goverment taking away rights in leu of "knives"!

Is this a dry run for the rest of countries involved with the UK?

I'm not so sure it such a problem in Scotland anymore.

We had knife crime at it's highest during the 80's & 90's in Glasgow but they brought in a lot of community schemes which have reduced the number of attacks quite considerably.

Where I live I have no fear on walking round any area in my city as knife crime here is almost non existant.
IMO this is because the council didn't build huge council estates but seperated them all over the city.
This has stopped the type of tribalism that was prevelant in these large council estates in glasgow.

Also the fact we have the lowest unemployment rate in the country certainly helps also.

The government should look at the schemes Glasgow introduced as they have worked over time.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Weird isn't it ? you cannot profile a muslim at an airport because they get all uptight and angry about it, but when they want to profile families and young children, all of a sudden its all ok!

This is very disturbing road we have started travelling along.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
As long as the general population continues to allow these bites at their sovereignty, and turn their respected heads the other way lest the all seeing eye target them and their families, this is just one more way of getting people to accept what at one time would have been totally unacceptable.

I do trust deeply the People of the UK and one day they will say enough is enough, and that is when the real change will happen for them.

I am deeply sorry for the innocents that will first suffer, are suffering and will continue to suffer in the "mean"-time.

What a way to raise your children independent of thought and deed. And to also keep their eyes open to the current gestapo tactics, it is an unfair balancing act to place on their innocence.

My prayers are to the people who get caught in this snare. Unfortunately the worst of the worst will go untouched, unwanted by the powers that be.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Also another point I noticed in the article in the OP was that violent crime is down 41% & knife crime has stayed the same at 8% of the violent crime statistics.
So there has been a 41% reduction of knife crime since 1995.

If that's the case then why does it appear that knife crime is on the rise?
IMO it's because the media are reporting it a lot more, everytime there's a deadly knife attack it's now making national news whereas before it would have normally only have made local news.

This makes me very suspicious as it's allowing the goverment now to make these totalitarian policies.

Looks like they have another Problem, Reaction, Solution to further their agenda.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
After doing a bit more reading it appears the face of "knife crime" in Britian is very much like the face of "gun crime" in the U.S.

Black innercity youths make up the majority of offenders and victims. What a surprise. I would love to hear how its all about "poverty" and also hear how apparently that poverty does not have the same effects on poor white youths in Britian (of which there are plenty more statistically speaking).

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Sonya610]

new topics

top topics

join