It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kosovo: Global Islamic Caliphate in Europe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Once, when I was in my hometown, Ljublijana, I happened to watch a talk show about Muslim immigrants to France and feasible EU enlargement. At that time, a speech of Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, the Organization of the Islamic Conference Secretary General, came to mind. He said Kosovo's independence would be "a precious contribution for the Islamic world, further strengthening the common Muslim cause". I heard similar points of view in informal conversations with my UN mission in Kosovo colleagues. All of them believe that Islam will be the only winner in the fight for independence. Now, when it is too late for any changes, the question is whether we need this independence. To strengthen Islam? There are all signs that Europe is currently suffering a political humiliating defeat.

While the Europeans debate on Turkey's EU membership and highlights "cultural difference" as the only obstacle meaning antagonism between Muslims and Christians, the United States encourage the establishment of real Islamic State in the very heart of Europe, with shady officials and dubious plans for the future. The plot is to restore Global Islamic Caliphate inside Europe as a relic of Ottomans days and to open up a new front of global jihad at any time.

To prove this statement, look into Albania's foreign policy. While its government reiterates adherence to the Western powers policy, Albanians' negotiations with the Persian Gulf states aimed mostly at strengthening the military-technical cooperation are not being made public. Tirana have recently welcomed both Bahrain's Prime Minister Sheikh Khalifah bin Salman al-Khalifah and Kuwait's Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad. Moreover, Albania and the United Arab Emirates have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) under which the two countries will work to strengthen cooperation in military and defence fields. As a result, we witness how Albanians are getting closer to the Muslim World, including Islamist terror.

All Americans I have met in Kosovo realize that the Islamic extremists are seeking to establish the Caliphate, predictably by force and Al Qaeda assistance, responsible for the events in the Balkans, particularly in Kosovo. In line of my duty I have to read lots of analytical data on Al Qaeda activity and I have enough evidence of its links to Kosovo's Albanians. I will attempt to trace only some of them.

Interpol had been tracking Al Qaeda's activities for a long time. One of the reports, released by the agency, confirmed that in 1994, Osama Bin Laden, under the cloak of humanitarian help to Albanians, established terrorist-training camps to support the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLM) in Tirana.

Some of the revealing links surfaced in 1999, when Al Qaeda agent Claude Sheikh Abdel-Kader was arrested in Tirana for the murder of his Albanian translator. During his trial, Abdel-Kader confessed to being a senior commander in Bin Laden's network, and claimed he had recruited a force of mujaheedin to fight in Kosovo. In 1994, Bin Laden had traveled freely to Tirana. Moreover, Alija Izetbegovic, the president of Bosnia, granted Bin Laden a passport of recognition of his followers' contributions to Izetbegovic's guest to create a "fundamental Islamic republic" in the Balkans. In 1995, having been reported "terrorist number one" and "terrorists' Godfather", Bin Laden visited Albania to meet with key Albanian politicians at Sali Berisa's invitation. It's interesting that the meeting between Bin Laden and Berisa was attended by Kosovar Prime Minister Hashim Thaci. All in all, a broad network of terrorist cells and groups was created in Kosovo and Metohija.

In 2003, the case of "Albanian Veterans" drew the world attention. Muhhamad Al Zavahiri, the brother of Aiman Al Zavahiri, the second-biggest man in the structure of Al Qaeda, was taken to the dock. The Egyptian court made a documented conclusion that a ramified network of terrorist cells and groups existed in Albania in the late 1990s.

And finally, all doubts about Al Qaeda's links to Kosovo's Albanians were dispelled by John R. Schindler in his book titled "Unholy terror: Bosnia, Al Qaeda, and the Rise of Global Jihad", published in 2007. The former NSA's top Balkans expert explored a truth long hidden from view - that, like Afghanistan in the 1980s, Bosnia and Kosovo in the 1990s were training grounds for the mujaheedin.

There is a lot more to be discovered about Albanians' ties with Bin Laden. Why the United States have propelled the quest for independent Kosovo remains to be seen. At first sight, America's policy seems absurd. Initially, the report of the National Intelligence Council's 2020 Project (the NIC) calls the establishment of Global Caliphate the main strategic threat to the US national security. Then John Bolton, the former US Ambassador to the UN, in an interview published by Italian La Stampa on 19 February 2008, said the U.S. activity is a strategic mistake. In truth, it rather looks like a well-planned conspiracy aimed at creation a terrorist, criminal and corrupt state under total U.S. control in the very heart of Europe. Thus Washington will focus the EU attention on the Balkans' crisis with Islamic component. That is to say, America will do its best to play Europe off against the Islamic world and get rid of the European Union as the powerful economic rival and only then its "ally" in the Balkans.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ahh another islamic conspiracy?

US is better off with a powerfull economic rival than a totaly different system controlled by Islamic caliphate which can turn on US one day.

So i don't think theres any conspiracy there..

new topics

join