It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese don't drink any Diet pop, juice, ect..Aspartame is susupect..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Found this article very interesting:

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe

What I meant was the fact that MSG is put more directly and greater amounts into fast-food here in the US than in Japan.
Japan just seems to have plenty of it but they use it more like people do with salt & pepper; just putting a bit of it on top to make it taste better.

That might be what you meant, but what you said was that it was a banned substance.

It's plentiful. MSG - as a food product - is a Japanese invention. And it's use at the table is nothing compared to it's use in the kitchen. Unless you're eating an extremely traditional Japanese diet, it will be on/in the food you eat.

It may seem like I'm hammering this point, but it's just that there's a lot of unintentional misinformation about things like this on the net.

I'd also like to put to rest the idea that Aspartame is banned or not used here. It is not illegal, and it is used in soft drinks.

If you can read Japanese, go here: In Japanese
If you can't, go here:
Babelfish translation

"asuparutemu" is the katakana rendering of "aspartame".

It's not illegal here, and it is used. The difference is pretty simple - Japanese people just don't seem to like fizzy drinks as much as Americans.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Intersting that this thread is here today. I recently found out that my family is more pron to diabities (spelling is way off, i know) then I originally knew. So this morning I decieded to get a diet mt. dew instead of a regular one. Well I can tell you right now my heart hurts really bad. I have noticed I only get this pain afer I drink something sugar free. For instance my parents only drink diet stuff and when ever I leave their place I have the same pains. I just never put 2 and 2 together until now. Thanks

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
this is so scary because if you think back like 30 40 years there wasnt all these cancers and strange illnesses and at the same time nothing was artificial they used wat they had and wat made a good product not how much they could make with the least amoung of money sacrificing taste and health now we all sorts of cancers diseases its just weird i think

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
>.> uhhh... I just came back from japan, and they have plenty of diet soda... but its called coke "zero"...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
aspartame is

it is sh*itty that we have to watch everything we eat and drink in order to stay alittle healthier (and decompose when we die) though thats the facts guys...we have to deal with it.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

" I do not drink anything that is manufactured, only water. "

Depending on the water, most of it is crap too.

Even the filtered is not that great. It just tastes alot better that the faucet stuff.

The water seems to be the culprit to me. Since man decided to poison the planet, the earth cannot keep up with the crap in the water. In other words, the planet was designed to clean the water according to the laws of nature, but once the laws were ignored the pollutants exceed the planets capacity to clean it properly. Water treatment plants just clear it up and make it drinkable so that you won't keel over from drinking it, the stuff is not healthy.

Water is a chemical! And there is way more to understanding it, than most of us ever even thought about.

witcombe.sbc.edu...

www.lsbu.ac.uk...

healing effects of structured water;

www.naturesalternatives.com...

weirdness;
www.whatthebleep.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

" SODIUM is a killer. start reading labels. it is freaking in everything in mass amounts! "

Sodium is NOT real SALT! By itself, it is a slow poison, it unbalances the body. Real salt has all the trace minerals in it, and it is good for you and NECESSARY for life.

real salt;
www.salttraders.com...

www.maineseasalt.com...

[edit on 6-8-2008 by toasted]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Iv never drank diet soda, or eaten ANYTHING with aspartame. It makes me sick.. my stomach starts doing flip flops, head feels cloudy and I have diarrhea for days.. and im not the only one who its screws up like this. stay away from this poison.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Here's another link for news about aspartame Mission Possible World Int.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Fruit juice is best for health and fresh fruit juice is absolutely delicious.

Thanks
[gratuitous link removed]
edit on 10/26/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Good thread, i found that drinking coke put on weight in me. The foods i have found worst are, coke, i.e soft drinks, salt, and dairy milk, which i hardly drink today. They where the worst for me in terms of putting on weight. I eat all the choculate i want, and it does not effect me, but coke, now that is something to put on weight in me, and salt.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes, you can purchase Stevia as a dietary supplement. As that's how it is classified in the US. I believe that regulations do not allow commercially marketed food products to contain dietary supplements here (I think... ).

Or maybe it's just a matter of economics as Stevia isn't (and maybe never will be) as plentiful and inexpensive as artificial sweeteners or HFCS.

All about the bottom line, unfortunately.
edit on 26-10-2010 by stasis because: spelling

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Good topic,I didn't know that the japanese don't drink diet sodas/drinks.

I did know however that aspartame is poison,it's good to get this info out into the public.

Spike Spiegle.

ps:flagged!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Originally posted by Nammu
I'd have a bit of sugar and brush my teeth afterwards any day, rather than poison myself.

That one gave me a chuckle. Fluoride anyone???

Anyway, back on topic. I think there is a strong case for drinks and foods containing these artificial sweeteners being more detrimental to your health than sugar. The alternative I use is either honey or Xylitol(sugar alcohol).

[edit on 14-7-2008 by DevolutionEvolvd]

[edit on 14-7-2008 by DevolutionEvolvd]

Sugar is worse by far. That includes HFCS, white sugar, brown sugar, rainbow sugar, whatever. It acidifies your blood and causes and contributes to the #1 killer in the US (heart disease, strokes, etc). It is not a "theory" or a maybe. It has been proven. Harvard even did a study to find a possible health benefit of sugar; they found none. But, sugar is the #1 crop in the world (as cane sugar).

try these google searches for more information:
"sugar blood acidity"
"alkaline vs acidic blood"
"alkaline vs acidic foods"

Stress also causes your blood to acidify. So sugar and stress are in the same boat in that respect.

Whatever fluoride may do, we know for sure overly acidic blood (mostly caused by sugary foods) causes heart attacks, stroke, cancer, diabetes, and obesity. There is no question as to which is worse.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join