It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone is tired, and no one knows why.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I do not notice anything different. I wonder if this has to do with some sort of "common" effect, where everybody is saying they're tired to try and make themselves believe that there's something going on.

Do we have any actual proof about what is causing this so-called tiredness? Personally, I do believe in a timeline, it being altered, etc., but for somebody to consider that to be the primary possibility will no proof is rather absurd. If there really is a global tiredness going on right now, it's probably due to weather, current events in the world, possibly food, etc.

Until something happens to point it in a certain direction, I will have no belief on what can be causing it and just listen. Believing in anything at or near 100% is foolish, in my opinion.

[edit on 7/14/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What happens when you mix household chemicals? Dangerous things happen.

It has already been proven that if you eat doritos and drink a diet soda, it causes neurological damage. It's the mixture of aspartame, MSG and two food colorings (www.naturalnews.com...).

So, if we know that mixing toxic chemicals is dangerous, then what results can we expect from mixing toxic chemicals in the food, the water, our personal care products, chemicals in the air and who knows what other damaging environmental crap we are being bombarded with?

This is what's happening to the human body every single day... and it keeps accumulating every single day. Newborn babies inherit these chemical burdens from the mother. There are tests that have shown that children have higher chemical burdens than adults.

What will happen to the next generation? Will there be a next generation? What the hell are they doing to us? What are we going to do to stop it?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I get tired too. It's called stress. When I get tired I sleep for a long time, for about 3 to 5 hours, that's my afternoon nap, then, if I feel stressed after that, I write whatever that is on my mind in a diary, and, then, I usually feel better after that.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I've definately noticed the same thing around me. Absolutely everyone, including myself has been really tired and run down more than usual for a few weeks.

I'm going to point the fingerat Big Brother and blame the cold weather making us tired. I know i could be missing out on the big picture and the globalisation, but I think the weather is doing it. Either that or Mobile Phone Cell Towers transmitting to our brains to make us more sub serviant.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The more research I do, the more paranoid I become. Maybe this paranoia is tiring me out as well. I say it's a combination of things; what we ingest, inhale...basically, what we incorporate into our lives.

It's a known fact that the majority of the world's population is poor and unhappy with their lives. If that's not reason enough to be tired, I'll give a few more.

It's also a known fact that most of the people of the world who have jobs, hate their jobs. Most of the people in the world are unfit. A fare share survive on fast food, pumped with chemicals. The water has flouride(we all know the BS they feed you that it's "good" for you, when it's really not). Then, we have to be afraid of the "terrorists". Then, we have to fight for our religious freedom and other BS that we think we follow, in most cases, blindly. Couple that with the fact that most of us suffer from some sort of ailment, and, to make it worse, too many of us pump our blood and body with "medicines" that have way too much side effects to cure or temporarily fix or ailments, which, most of are purely mental and, in some cases, due to spoiled upbringing. Then, we're tired of the other guy. Tired going to work. Tired coming home to a dysfunctional family, a family that you love dearly. We're tired seeing the news, tired seeing all the negativity. Some are tired of the happiness(You know what I'm talking about). The fake reality, of music videos, pop culture, Sweet 16.

The entire world is tired, and it's mostly because the people who aren't tired want it that way. We are programmed to become tired, weary and lose hope.
Is it the weather? I doubt it. The weather these days are becoming somewhat more frequent, but we've been living and dealing with weather since we were here and I believe we are, strangely, getting more tired than normal. I live in the Caribbean(tropics) and there is no cold weather here. The weather, is almost always fine. Yet, I'm seeing this tiredness abundant around here as well. I think our tiredness is coming from something that man has brought into this world.

But, putting that aside, I have found that maybe from the beginning of this year, I too have started feeling more tired than usual. Which is strange, as I try to keep fit and live a healthy life. Not to mention I don't really care too much of the world and things don't really bother or stress me too much. Interestingly enough, I have found that(according to research and accident) sleeping doesn't always revitalize your body. One has to reach a certain level for the body to actually start revitalizing itself on a more pronounced level. I believe this is where our Theta waves are most active in sleep. With meditation and training, I think one can go into this state of sleep faster, hence speeding up the revitalizing process. By default, some people do this already. Ever heard someone who takes quick naps(maybe even for 15 minutes) and wakes up with enough energy to share out to his neighbourhood? Some call it power naps? While, others may sleep for 7 to 8+ hours and wake up feeling as bad as they were when the went to sleep?
That guy who slept for 15 minutes and woke up feeling like superman has quickly entered the state of sleep where the body quicker repairs and restores energy to itself.

Also, on an easily accessible level, people need to research what the body needs to function optimally and provide it with that. What builds the immune system? Rest, antioxidants, proper diet, What strengthens muscle? Amino Acids, protein. What restores energy? Carbohydrates...you get the picture.
I will leave you with these words...take good care of your mitochondria & nucleus. They are your cells' powerhouse and ensure vitality.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by sdrawkcabII]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Am I the only one in this thread not tired? It's 1:18 AM and I feel like I'm wide awake. I try to get a good night's sleep. If I feel too tired during the day I just take a long nap and that helps keep me up. I do activities to keep me from getting bored so I won't feel like I'm wasting my life.

I think all of you are feeling tired because you're not active. Go out and do something. Ride a bike. Take a walk. Stop watching television. Etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Jesus OP you have created a monster here,,, We had this out in CA about a month ago-"It" has passed although three of my friends and I contracted a week long weird flu
thing before feeling normal!

Dammit I knew I should have posted!

Good discussion though,,, This type of discussion would not have been possible ten years back--- technology at its best!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
if youre feeling tired mroe than usual then its probably any number of things-
someone mentioned millk; thats right. milk contains a high degree of melatonin which causes sleepiness and furthermore the high fat content makes your body sleepy as well.
secondly exercise in excess as well as in deficiency can both cause tiredness- for different reasons obviously.
also if you are sleeping too much because you think you 'are more tired than normal' you are actually probably making yourself tired. sleeping too much makes you feel more tired and on and on ni a bad cycle. depending on the person anything over 6 to 9 hours is too much. ie 10 and up.
so try cutting out milk , only exercising what you can handle, and if you arent exercising, try it, and stop smoking (it made me have a ton of more energy now) and only sleep the amount that makes you feel refreshed about 20 mins after waking up.

Im sure whatever is causing it whether its some of the normal culprits ive mentioned or even if it is some 'conspiracy' you can still fix it...
so good luck.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think you all have mononucleosis!

But here in North Carolina, all my friends and I have been feeling abnormally tired lately. I haven't been able to be half as active as I usually am, and I am in bed on average 3 hours longer than usual.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Totally tired to point of thinking whats the point of waking up - just gotta deal with a useless bunch of robo-tards all day that are as mindnumbingly stupid as they are soul draining. Meh!

Funny thing though that when I went to the bakery today, the cute girl serving me almost fell asleep mid sentence! Maybe she has it too. The weather here is also pretty crap, milky washed out overcast sky but hot and muggy with no sign of rain pretty much adds to the malaise (is that the right word?)

Not too cheery I know but the upside is I had a great saturday night, although that was also a struggle to get up for but once I was out partying it all came together - so many hotties!! In fact I find being around hot happy chicks to be quite invigorating actually! Maybe thats what we all need!

[edit on 2008-7-15 by primamateria]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
really interesting - I would've just read this thread and not joined in - if it weren't for the fact that I have been hearing this even from people who don't usually complain about anything - ever

Thats what prompted me to write. Normal people, with good diets and regular exercise routines are feeling this.

and we're talking about bone-weariness - I described it as feeling like all my blood had been removed and replaced with blood substitute

not feeling sick at all - just noticeably worn out

You got it in one. Bone-weary. Lack of concentration, almost like a wave of absolute tired sadness.

actually - I'm the healthiest I've been in years - food, exercise, sleep - not drinking - less caffeine - so who knows what's up

Same here - hang on a minute - you aren't me are you?

the only ideas I have are - I've noticed a lot of people being diagnosed with autoimmune related stuff in the past couple of years - I have no idea if there are actual statistics to back this up - this is just based on people I've talked to

allergies are up - people who've never had seasonal allergies before have them

asthma is up - can be related a lot of the time to the amount of particulates in the air

All true - although I have to say in my case my asthma has been much more managable recently

life is uncertain - but life has always been uncertain

Yep. In a nutshell. And heres the thing - people lived through WW2, and through the Cold War and through some some very very dark days indeed - personally living in the UK I remember the summer of discontent in the 70's, the massive heatwave/drought of '76, the huge tensions of the Cold War as the US broke Russia financially and the late 80's when communism collapsed - all of which were massively tense times and I don't recall people feeling this way, which is why this is more unusual.

when you hear about bees disappearing, ice disappearing - big changes in the natural world - and then political situations that seem to be out of our hands - famine - economics

Thats always been there but then you said this;

it could seriously be a case of mass depression - or at least anxiety - which absolutely can be passed around - especially when we're plugged into all the news all the time

Which is an interesting point because we live in the digital age where we can talk to anyone, anywhere, at any time, and life appears to be much much more complicated - maybe we're suffering from information overload? Maybe the reason people were less inclined to this feeling in times past is because the infrastructure wasn't there and they lived in relatively blissful ignorance?

or maybe it's chem trails?

Of all the things thats come up in this thread, with my background as being a sky watcher and my interest in aviation and anything that flies, thats the only thing I actually DO discount, because I don't think its possible to run something on such a scale, for so long.

Forces of nature, sun spots, solar flares/cycles, electromagnatics, diet, "info overload", contaminated water/food chain, mass depression and global conciousness I can all buy into (and have no idea which it may be by the way) but chemtrails... nah

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
Jesus OP you have created a monster here,,,

Tell me about it! I'm literally stunned by the response

We had this out in CA about a month ago-"It" has passed although three of my friends and I contracted a week long weird flu
thing before feeling normal!

So has it passed completely or are people still weary? My experience is that people have noticed this recently but track it back at least a couple of months, which is a long time for a virus to be around.

Dammit I knew I should have posted!

I've been writing that OP over and over for about 3 weeks. Each time I drafted it I dismissed it and thought "nah, its just a local thing" until yesterday, when I just thought "this is weird, what the heck" it wouldn't have been here at all

Good discussion though,,, This type of discussion would not have been possible ten years back--- technology at its best!

Certainly is. I'm impressed by the stuff I'm reading and this threads a good example of ATS at its best. I suspect/hope that its not done with yet. Would love to hear more peoples experiences and thoughts on this one

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
In San Francisco there supposed to start spraying nights to kill the "apple moth" because we're so known for our orchards and orchards of apple trees in this city... not. Because of all the wildfires and fog our skies are pretty hazy, I almost wonder if they haven't started spraying already and that's why we're all so tired here.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Gotta give it to you .. a good post. An what you say about all the bad news are possibly what I am struggeling with. 50% of my time on internet is reading news. Kind of obsessed with it. Thanks for the reminder

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I am sick and tired and IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SICK AND TIRED AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

I am sick and uh......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[edit on 15-7-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This thread and many of the thoughts mentioned by you astute members was mentioned and talked about in the new upcoming Show-89 of the ATSMIX which you can access here:

ATSMIX Shows Master Page

We had to include it in our upcoming show for several reasons:

1) It seems to be a effect that is affecting numerous ones on a global basis.
2) Astute observations and theories have been shared.
3) The thread in itself, is a perfect example of a mass gathering of people talking and sharing their thoughts without any drama, debate and mud-slinging.

For all of the above you all are to be congratulated and we hope that you'll also heed the SkepticOverlords suggestion to "Digg" this thread so we can bring more attention to it here: "Digg" this Article by clicking here

Now with that out of the way, I want to throw my two cents into the mix. Unfortunately being late to the party pretty much anything I could share has been mentioned by numerous ones. I say "numerous ones" because I do not believe it is any "one thing" but rather a combination of a few things that separately may not have had the same effect, but combined it does. Although, if I were to use "occams razor" as to what one thing seems to be prevalent more so than others I'd have to lean towards "Radio and Microwave Frequencies". Since the early 1990's we as humankind have traversed into a path of mass accumulation of gadgets that put out and receive large amounts of RF fields.

Think about it. How many of us have more than one television, computer (with monitor or a a wi-fi enabled laptop) and how about a wireless telephone? And how much time do we spend using these items? Lets just stick to the TV and monitors for the time being. I'm going to quote from an article I read (which I will include a link to) because this is a problem that was recognized longer than many would imagine.
The TV Radiation Story
The November 6, 1964, issue of Time carried a provocative article entitled Those Tired Children. It told of the report presented by two Air Force physicians at a meeting of the American Academy of Pediatrics in New York City. No explanation for the symptoms of the thirty children being studied could be found after doing all the usual tests for infectious and childhood diseases. Both food and water supplies were checked. The symptoms included nervousness, continuous fatigue, headache, loss of sleep and vomiting. Only after further checking was it discovered that this group of children were all watching television three to six hours a day during the week and six to ten hours on Saturdays and Sundays.

Ok lets get out of the house and away from those pesky TV's and monitors, Lets forget all that and go for a drive, first lets use our cell phone to let everyone know were on the move. Lets start up our car and maybe have a look at our gps and turn on our satellite radio. And we have to stay in touch so thank goodness that we've got all those cellular towers along the way. Never in the history of humankind have we had a bombardment of RF fields hitting us. Oh wait a second.. I need to call someone before I go to sleep on my cellphone...
If the link doesn't quite work it's located here..
www.youtube.com...

Yeau, yeau, yeau... I know, it's on YouTube and we all know how credible YouTube is, how about something a little more scientific and credible Johnny.. Ok, here you go:
How Exposure to Base-station Radiation Can Adversely Affect Humans*
IEEE Committee on Man and Radiation

Egads...Lets get back home.

So we shut off using our TV, computer and our phones, we should feel pretty safe now.. right? Oh Contraire... Surrounding your house so that you can plug all those goodies into is an electrical outlet, in fact it encompasses your home. Whether you use it our not, there is a mild electrical magnetic field surrounding you. Can this be bad for you?

Electric and magnetic fields (EMFs) are invisible lines of force associated with the production, transmission, and use of electric power such as those associated with high-voltage transmission lines, secondary power lines, and home wiring and lighting. Electric and magnetic fields also arise from the motors and heating coils found in electronic equipment and appliances.

Because the use of electric power is so widespread, humans are constantly exposed to electric and magnetic fields. Studies conducted in the 1980s showed a link between magnetic field strength and the risk of childhood leukemia. After reviewing more than two decades of research in this area, NIEHS scientists have concluded that the overall pattern of results suggests a weak association between increasing exposure to EMFs and an increased risk of childhood leukemia.
Electric & Magnetic Fields
Electromagnetic fields (EMF) and Your Health
I'm including the below because these are just ordinary folks sharing some of their own experiences: Others express their real-life concerns

So like.. Oh my God.. What if I have to use a electrical appliance or device, what kind of magnetic field will it generate? Glad you asked:

* Hair dryer - 300 milligauss
* Electric shaver - 100 milligauss
* Blender - 70 milligauss
* Can opener - 600 milligauss

* Coffee maker - 7 milligauss
* Microwave oven - 200 milligauss
* Color TV (1 foot away) - 7 milligauss

An example of how rapidly magnetic fields from appliances drop over distance:

Can opener:

1. At 6 inches - 600 milligauss
2. At 1 foot - 150 milligauss
3. At 2 feet - 20 milligauss
4. At 3 feet - 2 milligauss

By the way just a small FYI:
DC fields, unlike AC fields, do not induce electrical currents in humans unless the DC field changes in space or time relative to the person in the field. In most situations, a battery operated appliance is unlikely to induce electrical current in the person using the appliance.

I want to remind you that were all made up of electrical fields. Every movement, every thought is all being fired by little bits of electrical energy and information from our brain. Now has anyone heard about the migration of birds and animals being disoriented in the past years? Does anyone remember years back when the Navy was using some secret radar and radio frequencies in the ocean for deep sea communications and whales and other species started beaching themselves and getting lost? Has anyone heard of HAARP? (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program)
HAARP Website
I could go on and on on how our own fields can be disrupted by the induction of other electrical and magnetic fields.. but.. "Hey wait a minute Johnny..! You said in the beginning that you thought there might be a combination of things.. "

Your right, I did, but guess what I'm getting TIRED (no pun intended, just a coincidence). So since this has gotten rather lengthy as it sits now, I'll return and try to throw some more jigsaw puzzle pieces into the mix..

Going to bed for now (yawn),
Johnny

[edit on 7/15/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

[edit on 15/0708/08 by neformore]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Whoa JA! You just blew me away with all that info there - especially the '64 research

I'm going to have to spend a while digesting that but I'll come back to you on it once I have.

And thanks for running with this on the show

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Maybe we are tired of this game we play ? I myself don't feel any enthusiasm about my "role" in this garbage called society. Yes I feel good I earn money I get to satisfy my "needs" with which I try to fill my life. In today's world people get to "live" for a few hours a week according to a schedule

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Just a question here for most of you...how much exercise do any of you do and this ould be a major cause of your energy levels falling. if you did some training or something trust me you wouldnt feel like that...just a thought

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'm in Chicago and I have this too!

I'm overall healthy, eat mostly vegetarian, take vitamins, and get enough exercise. Well I did anyway - now I'm too beat to do anything - even fun things like go to the beach. I'm an outdoors fan and usually spend alot of time out doors. Lately, no. We've had good weather too. Apathy I suppose you'd say. I've got the 'mental fuzzies' as well.

If it means anything - I've had this about a month. I also have mild nausea, no appetite, I'm exhausted and lethargic, yet have horrible insomnia.

Further - before all this hit - I had about 2 weeks of bad vertigo which decreased to mild dizziness. Then the lethargy started.

My guess is that this is a low grade flu of some sort. Its very odd, I've never had anything like this before. I am 42 and rarely get sick. I'm not stressed or depressed and I don't use alot of gadgets. I have not had any recent life style changes either. I'd say I have a pretty stress free and low key life compared to most people.

I do believe this is some physical illness and I've seen "it" discussed on health chat boards as well. Seems quite alot of people have "it".

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join