It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flashing red and blue object in the sky..help?

page: 5&mem=
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
ok i have been watching and observing this flashing object and i realie do belive that it isnt a star.i have been watching for maybe 3 months now and it has been on the east .west.north.and south it changes over period of days so if you think it has disapeard then look somewere els n youl find it....anywayz today i have just been shoked by the most beautifull thing ther are lots of them this time if you go out side tonight and you have a clear sky were you live you will see them to i allmost feel like ther watching over us and bringing peace i felt soooo calm when i saw them it was brill....please go out and look i know you will belive this post if you read it tonight....if anybody wants to be kept updated and join me in my quest to find out what these actualy are then hit me back on [email protected] i have reacently purchest a larg telescope and its grate im in heaven ......come on my jurney with me and we will enjoy ther presence togeather!!!!!!!!!peace ou wez from the uk

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Alright I just joined this site because today, June 28th 09 about 2:00 am after seing Star trek at the drive inn lol im being serious when the movie ended we first noticed these red blue and white flashing objects it mainly stayed stationary and IT WAS BLINKING unlike planes etc because it didnt have a big pause between the sequence anyways it seemed to barely move but some times shift altitude And i know this because I did ask my dad about it to see if it moved farther away he agreed well we got home and busted out the binoculers when zoomed in it actually looked like 2 objects one flashing and the other seemed to just stay close they would stop blinking sometimes and then start again we noticed 2 of these, well actually 4 in all and were simply mesmerised, from far away they looked like sparkling gems but closer you noticed the pronouced blinking and no these were no stars and the altitude was to high for a plane this is the first day noticing these but when I was younger like 10 Me and my neighbor, litterally seen a U.F.O that had rainbow lights around it fly past our heads well actually hover and im not making any bit of this up also about a year ago me and my cousin heard a very..........inexplainable eirie sound it seemed to come from all around and magnify its sound it sounded like somthing of a horror movie it was like: wee ooo wee ooo and get louder we litterly freaked out told my mom she didnt believe us......till this year when she herself heard it while smoking a cig BTW I live in Pueblo Co...............

[edit on 28-6-2009 by geo10]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
My wife and I first saw these about three months ago. We are in central Nicaragua and on a clear night can see two of them spaced about one third of the visible horizon from each other. The red and blue lights are extremely brilliant and flicker as if moving. These objects appears to be in geosynchronous orbit, as we find them at the same time in the same locations

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I've been watching the same brilliant, flashing "star" since August 08 from upstate NY as well as NYC and have come to the conclusion that's it's definitely not a star. Stars don't flash visible colors. Also, it has the intensity of an LED compared to the low-wattage incandescent star lights up there. (The NYC night sky emits so much light that it is rare that we see anything from the ground however that light always shines through!) Viewing it through binoculars at both locations has become an irresistible nightly ritual and in the darkness of a clear upstate NY sky, I have as many as three up there, although of slightly lesser intensity (implying further away, perhaps?). One night last Sept. my jaw dropped to see a light actually approach and merge with the most brilliant one -- I kept thinking "Did I really see that?" On another night upstate, I lowered my binoculars to take a break and a dim reddish light went from horizon-to-horizon in what couldn't have been more than one second. Would anybody know if the latter sighting was likely a shooting star? I can't seem to find info on what shooting stars look like!

Back to the flashing star, George Green has referred to these as "star ships" (in a google vid). I like this guy a lot, so I really listen when he speaks.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think i seen the lights you are talking about. On a stormy night i looked out the window to see a ball of light flashing. A ball made up of red, blue and white light. This light amazed me so i couldnt help but stair. What i saw does have diffrences tho. It move at lightning fast speed and it was hard to keep track of it. I could not tell the distance but it looks to be close by, almost close enough to touch. Everytime lightning struck the light would fade only to reappeare. I am so confussed on what I saw and need help figureing out what i saw.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I saw the same thing last night when I was out smoking! I also captured it on video, but it looks so much different on video. It was fairly close, it was shaped as a triangle, it had about 9 circles of light, they mostly flashed red, but it would flash blue and white every now and then. At first I thought it could be a jet that was waiting to be cleared for landing, but the airport isn't there, and the object was flying back and forth and sometimes it would stop up and stand still for a few seconds. It kept flying back and forth for about 90 minutes. Also.... it's flashing more frequently than what it appears in the video. I would guess about 10 times a second.

Any logic explanation to this?

Forward to the 1:06 mark to get steady camera, www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chicane

Great video!! Star for you!!!

Very interesting. Would like to hear a good explanation for this.

Stays at the same level, intermittent and changing timing of lights flashing, moves relativley fast.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You all can join me when your ready to try to figure out what it is that we are actually looking at. BTW Ive seen it from Colorado and Texas.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I have been watching these on clear nights for about six months. Some nights we can see three of them spaced about 1/4 of the distance around the sky view. We are in north central Nicaragua.

They must be some sort of satellites the red, blue and white lights seem to be spinning on different axis

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
the blue, red, white and green flashing lights that are in the form of a sphere in the sky is definately not a regular flying object like a plane, helicopter or blimp. it is not a satellite and it isn't the space station. it stays in one spot in the sky too long to be any of those things. the lights coming off of the sphere have a distinct pattern. i have been observing this thing in the sky for months. so it cannot be a star or planet. within one day the flashing light sphere can move a considerable amount in the sky. it also isn't out sometimes. if it was a star you would always be able to see it in the sky, slowly moving with all the other stars because the earth is rotating. this thing appears in the sky some nights and some nights it doesn't. there is obviously more than one. and many, many people from all over have seen these things in the sky. it is considerably strange.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nywvblue
I've been watching the same brilliant, flashing "star" since August 08 from upstate NY as well as NYC and have come to the conclusion that's it's definitely not a star. Stars don't flash visible colors. Also, it has the intensity of an LED compared to the low-wattage incandescent star lights up there. (The NYC night sky emits so much light that it is rare that we see anything from the ground however that light always shines through!) Viewing it through binoculars at both locations has become an irresistible nightly ritual and in the darkness of a clear upstate NY sky, I have as many as three up there, although of slightly lesser intensity (implying further away, perhaps?). One night last Sept. my jaw dropped to see a light actually approach and merge with the most brilliant one -- I kept thinking "Did I really see that?" On another night upstate, I lowered my binoculars to take a break and a dim reddish light went from horizon-to-horizon in what couldn't have been more than one second. Would anybody know if the latter sighting was likely a shooting star? I can't seem to find info on what shooting stars look like!

Back to the flashing star, George Green has referred to these as "star ships" (in a google vid). I like this guy a lot, so I really listen when he speaks.

I also live in upstate ny and see these theres 3 of them from my view
you can deff see blinking red and blue but the white is hard to catch
but they are there every single light and they are not moving the only like like they are because of the earth turning.

Maybe a satellite

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've caught this a few times. It is NOT Sirius, as it often appears in the sky to the "left" of Orion's Belt, when Canis Major is to the "right" of it.
It's not a planet. It's not a satellite. It's not the space station.

The 'scintillating' is not random as would be dictated by atmospheric distortion, the colours do seem to have a pattern.
I've seen it predominantly in the SE sky (I'm in California), but have see 'it' or others in other parts of the sky.

We had the clearest night in as long as I can remember the other night. Millions of stars visible. You could pick out Venus, you could pick out Sirius, and you could pick out this one. It was the only one with the flashing red-blue-white. The rest twinkled, but no colours like this. I could pick out a few orbiting satellites, and one or two geosynchronous satellites (they're not as easy to spot but it's possible).

Often I see "satellites" that seem to be moving really fast and that suddenly will change direction or 'swerve' as if to miss hitting something. I once saw one follow another's path - about five seconds behind - and both pulled this 'swerve' maneuver at about the same point. The difference was that the first went left, and the second went right....

I'm getting a stiff neck from all this looking up...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
It is NOT Sirius, as it often appears in the sky to the "left" of Orion's Belt, when Canis Major is to the "right" of it.

Sirius is the primary star in Canis Major and is to the LOWER LEFT of Orion in the Northern hemisphere. The three stars forming the belt of Orion point directly to is as anyone familiar with the night sky will know. Sirius is also well known as a brilliantly scintillating star, showing all the colors of the rainbow over a few seconds.

WG3

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Their is more then one in the sky that blinks there is 3 all together that i can see and they are far apart
Why couldnt these just be satellites?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Where are the reports from astronomers about these objects that "aren't stars" and remain in the sky for hours a day and months on end?

There are somewhere between 200,000 and 500,000 amateur astronomers in the United States alone. Amateurs are doing things like discovering asteroids and comets as well as confirming observation of supernovae. They know the sky just as well as professional astronomers.

Thousands of eyes on the sky in any given week would notice something that bright and long-lasting which didn't belong in the sky. It would be reported and make headlines.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
the object(s) in the sky that is flashing a distinct pattern is not Sirius since there is a pattern to the colours and that it does not behave like a star and there is more than one. and if you havent seen it and rely on the media to tell you everything than i suggest you look up in the sky once in a while.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Exactly.

Only people that can't find their way around the night sky see these "UFOs".

People who do know how to identify stars and planets don't see them. It's not exactly rocket science to work out what is going on here.

To put it bluntly, people are ignorant in general about the night sky. Like this quote which someone posted on here earlier, which is obviously completely wrong: "Stars don't flash visible colors."

There is no excuse for this to continue. It's not that hard to identify what celestial objects are in the sky at any given time using freely available software.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Forgive me if i'm necro'ing this thread, I just joined.

But I came across this thread from Google and read all the responses. I currently reside in Richmond Hill, Ontario where I too, am experiencing these encounters. Numerous of times I see this star blinking red, white and blue and quite honestly, i'm getting hell of annoyed of it because I can't figure out what it could be.

I downloaded Stellarious, I checked it, I couldn't find anything to be honest.

But if I may add, tonight it was up North West at 1:30am. (July 30th, 2010) Right after this I Googled this then right after that, I look again its gone, but to see it now in the North East position at 2:20am. Is this another star i'm getting mixed up with? Is an hour really enough to make it move from that to that? I'm not sure to be quite honest, I starred at it a few times prior but it never went over there...and I really don't want to come to the conclusion where it's a UFO so i'm politely asking if someone can give a definite answer to this conundrum?

Solving this would put my mind at ease, since I do nothing at night watching at those magnificent stars.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MmoFanatic

I prefer Your Sky over Stellarium for quickly locating celestial bodies. I find it a bit quicker to limit magnitude and the like.

Anyhoo, your thought about two different stars seems correct. Arcturus was just about to set in the NW at 0130 and would have been gone by 220. Just having risen in the NE at 0220 would be Capella, the third brightest star in the northern hemisphere.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Ah sweet, thanks for the quick reply.

Those are some cool stars, thanks for the information! Just now I see a small star moving at a constant slow rate but I have came to the conclusion that it's a space station/satellite.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join