It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flashing red and blue object in the sky..help?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
hey guys, I really need our help. I'm a new poster, long time lurker. I have no idea what I just saw in the sky.

i was standing outside smoking a cigarette a few hours ago, staring at the sky, when I noticed an object that was brighter than the stars and was flashing red, blue, and white. at first i was almost positive it was a police or medical helicopter. It seemed really high up, though, so I just figured it was far away. I watched it, expecting to see it make a noticeable move, but it just sort of drifted in it's own space, just hovered in the sky.

It was definitely "floating" around slowly, I stared at a nearby star to see if my vision or drying contacts was playing tricks on me but the star I used for comparison stood perfectly still. Looked back at the blinker, and sure enough it was moving.

The longer I stared at it the sharper and more obvious the blinking lights became, and staring at them almost gave me tunnel vision, I couldn't stop staring at the thing! I pulled up a lawn chair in my driveway and sat and stared at it for at least an hour.

I want to give as much information as possible because this really confused me, I've never seen anything like it before and I figured this would be the best place to come. I need to know what I saw!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Sorry to disappoint...
But it sounds like a jet plane flying quite high up to me

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a high-flying plane that never changed position in the sky for an entire hour? right.

thanks for the help, guys.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by sictransitgloria]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
if you were looking into the western sky... just above where the sun goes down... the planet mars sits there pretty good this time of year.. and it blinks white,, red.. and blue.. it gives the impression its moving around.. but its not..

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
try to have a look at this current thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Where are you located on the earth's surface? What direction was the object located, and in what direction was it moving? Are you familiar with any constellations, ie., The Big Dipper? Is the object still there?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
oops, my bad

I thought you said it was moving, but slowly..
like how a high altitude jet would look from the ground.

Hmmm. Mysterious indeed. Can you find anyone else who might have seen it?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I've seen that object in the sky many times from southern california and have often wondered what it is or was? It does not move. It blinks red, blue, and white and is much brighter than your average looking star. It's not Mars. Mars has an orange look to it and does not have any blink to it. I don't even think it is any of the other planets either. I'm not really sure what it is? Somebody needs to get a good telescope and look at it or go down to the local observatory and check it out. I'll post if I get one or go there!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by selfisolated

I have seen this red white and blue object on multiple occasions. I am in Michigan. Tonight it is to the North. The last time I saw it I was about 10 miles North of where I am now, it was about 6 months ago, and it was to the South West.

I have viewed it through a small telescope. It seems to pulsate.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
It could be a few things such as a blimp, a helicopter, a bright star or an airplane. One day my sister thought a star was moving so I watched it for a few hours and it turned out to be a star.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Did it disappear before you left? Or did you go back out and was it still in that spot? And as someone above said it could be mars because that does flicker in the night sky. And red, blue, and the bright 'white' strobe are common lights for aircraft so it could of been a plane or something. Or it could be something extraterrestrial you never know.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
Where are you located on the earth's surface? What direction was the object located, and in what direction was it moving? Are you familiar with any constellations, ie., The Big Dipper? Is the object still there?

Uhhhh. Never heard of that constellation myself. Hmmmm.

Bottom line, sounds to me like a heli in the distance.

Care an luck,

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I've been watching the red, blue, and white flickering object for 2 weeks now so it's not a heli. I'm in Florida and at 10pm it's app 35 degrees up due West over the gulf. I thought it might be Mars but in an astonomy book I'm reading it says planets don't flicker but look like disks. If any experts out there know what it is let us know. Could 2 stars be in alignment?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stockburn

Big Dipper = asterism starcraft, in case your wondering, common mistake man.

And Red + Blue + White sequence = Jet Plane

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I am watching that thing blink in the air also... i am gonna go back out 2 see if it dissapears or anything. I myself have never seen that before either.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It's always nice not to rule out a "special" explanation, but these things usually have conventional explanations.

download Stellarium - its free, and shows stars/planets above your location, I pottered about with it and showed Jupter,Arcturus,Vega and some other bright things to the West around 5/9 - but recomend you try it yourself - its easy to use!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I've been watching the red, blue, and white flickering object for 2 weeks now so it's not a heli. I'm in Florida and at 10pm it's app 35 degrees up due West over the gulf.

According to YourSky the star Arcturus is visible from Florida to the west at that time. The first time I saw Arcturus down here flickering that brilliantly it caught my eye, too.

Any object that flickers red, white, green, and blue while staying in the same position for hours is almost certainly a bright star such as Sirius or Arcturus. The "motion" as described by the OP is explained by the autokinetic effect while staring intensely at one spot.

[edit on 9/7/2008 by eaglewingz]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
that is not your imagination. We have been watching the same thing for the past 4 years and it is only getting brighter. No one really knows but it may be the new star wars program space ship. by looking at a telescope it also resembles the Niburu pattern. We know it is there and no one in the establishment seems to know what that is. Try looking at it during the moon phase and full moon and it becomes more pronounced.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I know what you are talking about.. I too wondered the same thing as i saw it for the first time... I can see it ever time we get a clear night and are actually able to see the stars, which doesn't happen often here in Wales i tell you
Anyway. I believe that what you are seeing is a planet, quite possibly the planet mars. You were wrong to compare it to that of the star. As the star is much much further away it will appear to be almost still... The only movement seen will be due to the earths orbit... However the red, blue and white blinking object will obviously appear to move at a different speed as it is a planet which is much closer to earth and has its own orbit.. Try looking at the object through a good quality telescope... Then update your thread with what you've seen.. Try and get hold of a telescope from a friend or something

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
A friend and I have been watching the same thing in the western sky here in Jacksonville Florida the past two nights. I have a few tree tops and utility poles that are just beneath the object and I use them to gauge the position changes of the object over a one hour period while I sit in the same spot on my front porch. Over that one hour period instead of looking to my left to see the object I end up looking to the right. There is no noticeable change in height but this is naked-eye observation and there is considerable flicker and occasional partial obstruction of view while the object is in what should be clear line of sight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join